• www.mediafire.com/folder/zsjza5fud6l36/Mugen_Super_Happy_Funtime
640 x 480
148 or 366 Slots
Default and Custom Portrait Versions
Custom Lifebars and Announcer
Custom Stage
Other Stuff!

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Included are a handful of portraits, along with two .psd templates to make your own. 

Enough rambling, here's the download link:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/b23gou
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2vuc9tolqbk0jqa
*Mediafire link has no music included due to copyright protection issues.

Let me know what you think about it, as I'm always open to feedback, and also prone to overlook stupid shit.  Credits/Thank You's are in the ReadMe.

Who is included:

Edit: Before anyone asks, the majority of portraits were re-purposed from various ones from Saikoro, NoZ, etc.  If anyone has a problem with them, I'll remove them from the SP.

Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 03:05:46 am by davismaximus
Re: Epoch of Anarchy 2.0
#2  December 15, 2012, 06:31:39 am
  • Shakespear.
God damn dude.  That is one hot looking SP!  The rusty machinery is a lovely touch.  Gives it that real space junk industrial sci-fi feel, kinda like Aliens.  I like how you've got the jumping attack sprite in the VS screen too.  Excellent work.
#3  December 15, 2012, 06:40:21 am
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
Nice work man! Media-fire is still acting up today, still get the copyright protected shit when trying to download from their. If you don't mind can you upload it some where else.
#4  December 15, 2012, 06:50:33 am
  • Gotta Light?
@RobotMonkeyHead:
Thank you sir, that's what I was going for, a Dead Spacey/Alieny/Blade Runnery deal.

@xX-Nero-Xx:
Thanks, also.  Where would you suggest?  Mediafire's been acting a little funny for me today too. 
#5  December 15, 2012, 07:15:13 am
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
sendspace would be fine.
#6  December 15, 2012, 07:21:32 am
  • Gotta Light?
Sendspace link added, lemme know if there's any problems with that one too.
#7  December 15, 2012, 07:24:18 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Good to see you was able to release this baby.:beatnik:
Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 05:30:20 pm by BIG BOSS
#8  December 15, 2012, 07:27:38 am
  • Complex
    • Panama
    • Skype - lopezantispam@hotmail.com
Default portrait motif?? this interests me, looks so sexy omg :D fantastic work
#9  December 15, 2012, 07:31:55 am
  • Gotta Light?
@Big Boss:
Look at the post above yours  ;P

@Goodaldo:
Thanks, I kinda rushed a little with the default version and may have missed some little things, lemme know if you spot anything.
#10  December 18, 2012, 05:59:20 am
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
Well, I am late...I finally got to testing what you sent me and I just want to say Bravo Dave *starts a slowclap*

You definitely captured a different feel for a Mugen SP with this baby and it is awesome.

It feels like you took my roster to this abandoned space station and now they are royally fucked because even if there's one of them left standing in the end, they have no way out!!! lol ...Forgive me, I had too much Red Bull and Grey Goose tonight.

One thing...wouldn't you agree a default stage should be in order after having made such a beautiful select screen? If you already did it, then my bad for having missed it.

Overall, an excellent, solid and awesome release as expected from you.

Thanks for the test consideration and for always sharing your great work bro.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#11  December 21, 2012, 12:54:08 am
  • Gotta Light?
Thanks Max, it means a lot coming from someone like yourself.  I put a lot of work into this lil guy and it's awesome to see people enjoying it.  As for the stage, I don't see why not.  I have all the assets in place, I guess it just never really occurred to me to make one, lol. 

Anyways, I've been slowly plugging away at portraits for the custom version, so hopefully soon I'll have enough to warrant a release.  I'll also update EOA with a couple minor things, as well as adding the new portraits and the stage.  Quick question though, would people prefer if I released the update pre-installed, or should I keep it with just the data/font/etc. folders?
#12  December 21, 2012, 12:55:31 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
If I didn't have so many chars I'd pick this SP right up.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#13  December 21, 2012, 02:22:23 am
  • Complex
    • Panama
^ 148 slots is too much for you??
#14  December 21, 2012, 02:27:45 am
  • tired
No, I said it's not enough for me.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#15  December 21, 2012, 02:33:23 am
  • Complex
    • Panama
^ Damn, the hell is wrong with this lenses?? oh well

Anyways, I've been slowly plugging away at portraits for the custom version, so hopefully soon I'll have enough to warrant a release.  I'll also update EOA with a couple minor things, as well as adding the new portraits and the stage.  Quick question though, would people prefer if I released the update pre-installed, or should I keep it with just the data/font/etc. folders?

The way u manage to put it in the .rar seems good enough for everyone, at least for me it was
#16  December 21, 2012, 03:31:08 am
  • Gotta Light?
@C.A.N.
Just curious, how many slots do you have/need?  Maybe I can cook up another .def file for you, if it's something reasonable that is, haha.

#17  December 21, 2012, 03:35:26 am
  • tired
I've around 320 chars, so maybe a bit over that would suffice. Is 350 reasonable? Please make it also have a variant without custom ports, I really don't like those for some reason. Maybe because I have so many chars. :P
#18  December 21, 2012, 03:39:40 am
  • Gotta Light?
350 might be doable, there is limited room, but I'll see what I can do.  Also, the default version has normal portraits, I understand that most people don't like to replace over 100 portraits if they don't have to.
#19  December 21, 2012, 03:41:57 am
  • tired
Thank goodness, I await the results. Not always can I use BrokenMugen.
Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 03:45:42 am by Madam CanCan
#20  December 21, 2012, 03:55:44 pm
  • Yuyu shooting star
yeah Media fire is becoming more like YouTube with the bullshit copyright. the upload system detect music that copyright laws by the author for example any type of Music like fade in black or any Japaneses Music from Miku or etc they will put a Mark (C) on your file and removed it from anyone from downloading it and cant be shared like your Vs.mp3 was detected by media fire and there for they close it
love justices shooting star
Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 03:59:53 pm by Yuyustar
#21  December 23, 2012, 02:17:57 am
  • Gotta Light?
Thanks for the tip Yuyustar, when I release the update, I'll try re-tagging the mp3s to see if it will fly under their detection system.  If not, I'll just have to find somewhere else to host it, along with all my other crap.

Speaking of the update, I've been working on the mega-slot version and the stage Max suggested.  Here's a couple pics:

As you can see, the mega-slot version holds 366 characters.  You can squeeze a few more in if you want, or take some out if need be.
#22  December 23, 2012, 02:32:04 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
nice man i very like it what is this strider is it infinite one
#23  December 23, 2012, 02:33:11 am
  • Gotta Light?
Nope, it's Syn's.
#24  December 23, 2012, 02:36:49 am
    • Canada
I'm curious, is that your stage WIP @ the bottom pic Davis?
#25  December 23, 2012, 02:56:01 am
  • Gotta Light?
Yep, it's basically the select screen re-coded as a stage.  It'll be included with the update.
#26  December 23, 2012, 02:57:45 pm
Fan and user of your original version.  Are you going to do a remake of the other select screen with the different game name catagories?
#27  December 29, 2012, 08:55:29 pm
  • Gotta Light?
Links updated with newest version.  New stuff includes:
-Epoch default stage
-New Power Level sounds, up to Level 3
-Increased volume on all announcer sounds
-366 slot version
-New custom portraits
-Removed some unnecessary sprites and code

Let me know if the mediafire link still gives you trouble, I cut down and re-tagged the mp3s so hopefully that will get around their shenanigans.

@guy-zero32k4:
I have no plans to redo the Category Select version right now.  Sorry, but it's too much work for the time being.
Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 08:59:36 pm by davismaximus
#28  December 29, 2012, 11:48:07 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Sweet man, now to add on another great master piece.
#29  December 30, 2012, 07:58:39 pm
 the screenpack looks great but when using the 366 slot version i've noticed the small portraits on the vs screen look blurry and  a bit crappy,i think its the resolution and not your fault.replacing 366 small portraits with hd small portraits would take forever so i think i will use the 148 slot version for now.any plans any other slot versions ?
#30  December 30, 2012, 09:09:15 pm
  • Gotta Light?
Yeah that kinda comes with the territory when having that many slots.  No plans for any other slots, but I did make it fairly simple to adjust them yourself.
#31  December 31, 2012, 06:37:51 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm

I just picked up the update this morning.

Way to go on making and releasing that default stage Davis!

Excellent work as always.  :2thumbsup:
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#32  January 05, 2013, 09:56:41 am
  • fuck me right in the street
    • USA
Wow! really narly screenpack! I remember using the original Epoch of Anarchy a while ago definitely gonna check this out! nice work man!

BTW, Do you plan on adding a categories version? That was probably the one I used the most on the older Epoch of Anarchy...
Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 10:40:10 am by Reck
#33  January 05, 2013, 08:27:14 pm
  • Gotta Light?
Thank you for the replies, everyone.  Updated the Mediafire link.  Re-tagging the mp3s didn't work, so I just uploaded a version with no music included.  Sorry for any inconveniences.

@Reck:
Unfortunately no, I don't plan on doing the category version at this time.  Long story short, I lost a bunch of resources and don't feel like going back and finding them.

Also, for anyone who cares, expect some more portraits for the custom select screen soon. 
Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 08:30:26 pm by davismaximus
#34  January 05, 2013, 08:42:16 pm
    • USA
Thank you for the replies, everyone.  Updated the Mediafire link.  Re-tagging the mp3s didn't work, so I just uploaded a version with no music included.  Sorry for any inconveniences.

@Reck:
Unfortunately no, I don't plan on doing the category version at this time.  Long story short, I lost a bunch of resources and don't feel like going back and finding them.

Also, for anyone who cares, expect some more portraits for the custom select screen soon. 

You should start a custom portrait thread, so you and other users can show off their creations, like what Saikoro did for NoZ's WarZone Screenpack.
Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 08:46:16 pm by Reck
#35  January 05, 2013, 09:03:30 pm
  • Gotta Light?
I don't think a special thread is needed.  I was just planning on adding them here, and if anyone else feels inclined to may as well.  I'll also keep the first thread updated so people won't have to sift through the thread to find what they're looking for.
#36  January 05, 2013, 09:20:06 pm
    • USA
I don't think a special thread is needed.  I was just planning on adding them here, and if anyone else feels inclined to may as well.  I'll also keep the first thread updated so people won't have to sift through the thread to find what they're looking for.

Pretty smart I suppose. The best of luck to you!
#37  January 05, 2013, 11:03:30 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
omg, I'm thinking about coming work here.
#38  January 06, 2013, 02:58:18 am
  • Gotta Light?
Added Portrait Pack 01 to the first post, along with a list of who's included.  Some characters do not have a Victory Portrait, due to either my laziness or a lack of source material.  Here's a couple examples:

@Hephaistos31:
Have at it, and if you have any questions about the templates, just ask!
#39  January 06, 2013, 05:29:16 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
Finally got around to this. While I'm not fond of the darker look I do like what you did with the fonts and the names in the select, looks better than having them float there without any border, also the static background is a ncie touch. Lifebars are definitely an improvement from the last version I like what you added to them, such as the gradient red next to their portrait. My issues are the fog and the select screen doesn't have that projector from the last version. The fog is pretty bright and I feel it clashes too much with the darker tone of the screenpack, darker or less fog would work better.

As for the projector things, these are what I mean

They added nice technological feeling to the last version which I feel is really lacking in this release. It would have been nice to see them struggling to power up and flicker on and off to show the state of ruin the place is in currently, just to add more to the atmosphere I guess.
#40  January 06, 2013, 08:03:16 am
  • Gotta Light?
Not to sound butthurt or anything, I just figured I'd go over the design changes made for the update. 

The darker look was the tone I was going for originally, I just didn't have the means to pull it off.  I suppose the vibe I wanted was that of a wayward entity...essentially on it's last legs...searching for the best candidate to help defeat an ultimate evil.  That kind of translated into an errant space station that housed all of the fighters and blah blah blah...you get the idea.

As for the projectors, there were a few reasons why I got rid of them.  Firstly, I wanted to differentiate between the select screen and VS screen portraits, as I felt it made it seem more like a "full game" environment.  Secondly, I felt the projector itself didn't mesh well with the rest of the select screen.  It didn't fit in with the floor sprite, the colors were a bit off, and the perspective was amiss.  Lastly, I wanted them to look like actual holographic projectors, but the limitations of Mugen didn't help.

The original idea was to have the select screen fade in, and as you selected a character, the projector would "power up" and show a semi-transparent version of their portrait.  Unfortunately, Mugen doesn't allow transparency or any other cool gimmicks with portraits, so I couldn't get the desired effect and was left with something pretty chintzy. 

I also messed around with the fog:
Not sure if this is what you meant by darker fog, but that's what I came up with.  Having one layer of transparent fog on top of another gives it a brighter hue, and there's not much I can do other than fudge the numbers a bit.  You can also comment out anims 102 and 150 if you wanna get rid of it completely.

Again, sorry if this reply is a bit long-winded, but I just wanted to give you an idea of the process.  Thank you for the feedback and checking it out!

#41  January 06, 2013, 08:09:32 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
Eh you don't sound butthurt, just answering some questions and your design choices, nothing wrong with that dude.
And yeah that looks much better, thanks for the reply man. Also with your story aspect some of those design choices make more sense.
#42  January 06, 2013, 08:21:40 am
  • Gotta Light?
It's all good man, I appreciate the feedback.  If I had any idea of what I was doing, I would've added a little intro in the first place to flesh out the "story".  I'll be sure to add the fog changes when I do another update, as I need to make a few other little fixes as well.
#43  January 06, 2013, 08:24:44 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
Stories are pretty hard to implement in screenpacks. Maybe a readme or a quick intro would suffice.
#44  January 06, 2013, 03:12:33 pm
One nit pick I have about the bars is how hard it is to differentiate how full the power/super bar is. Thankfully GLaDOS helps with that a bit, with her 'level one, level 2' so on, but maybe tweaking it to be a bit brighter.. I think that might help the actual fighting experience. Or maybe adding some sort of glow look like the red life bar has. I think a tweak in the more visible directions could make these bars really pop!
#45  January 06, 2013, 03:21:40 pm
    • USA
I made a few portraits for this screenpack, mostly for Chuchoryu's chars, about 12 in total, I guess you could call it a portrait pack?

Portrait Pack I:

Characters Used & Screenshot

Versus Pics

PCX's here:
Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/?w9b3bwa7t9i6d7q
Sendspace: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ym1as0
#46  January 08, 2013, 08:51:13 pm
  • Gotta Light?
@TheSnackist:
I added the little light beam animation to help see the power bar, but I can definitely make it a lighter shade of blue.  Thanks!

@Reck:
Those are nice, but I can tell from your screenshots that the names aren't centered correctly.  With the template, you should just be able to select the Text Tool, then type directly over the "Name Red" and "Name Blue" portions, as they're already centered.  Fix those up and I'll add them to the first post.
#47  January 08, 2013, 10:46:03 pm
    • USA

@Reck:
Those are nice, but I can tell from your screenshots that the names aren't centered correctly.  With the template, you should just be able to select the Text Tool, then type directly over the "Name Red" and "Name Blue" portions, as they're already centered.  Fix those up and I'll add them to the first post.

Alright I fix those and re-upload em'

edit: I centered the text to the black box in the template, but in game it still looks the same?

What it looks like in Photoshop:

What it looks like in-game:
Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 11:09:37 pm by Reck
#48  January 09, 2013, 01:15:47 am
  • Gotta Light?
Just checked them out and they're fine, you just need to have the Y Axis set to 0 when replacing them in FF.
#49  January 09, 2013, 09:42:37 am
Thanks Max, it means a lot coming from someone like yourself.  I put a lot of work into this lil guy and it's awesome to see people enjoying it.  As for the stage, I don't see why not.  I have all the assets in place, I guess it just never really occurred to me to make one, lol. 

Pre-installed
#50  January 23, 2013, 07:44:47 am
    • USA
Okay I finished up pack II!, I did a little more then half of the Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 Roster, with 3 extras. those extras being Link, Sean Alty's Jin Kazama, and Squall Leonhart. So I'm officially titling it = Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 Epoch of Anarchy Portrait Pack I

Here's a giant screenshot of the characters select portraits, there are about 30 in total, if the image is cut off at all then just right-click it and click "open image in new tab":

Vs Screens:

PCX's here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?l8jeuuvxo0sthlt
http://www.sendspace.com/file/a183z0

Now obviously, it's not the entire Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 Roster, but I will release the rest in Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 Epoch of Anarchy Portrait Pack II! So be patient! :P Thank you to DavisMaximus for releasing this awesome screenpack! :D
Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 07:48:43 am by Reck
#51  January 23, 2013, 08:31:25 am
  • Shakespear.
Nice portraits.  I see you got that link in there already.
#52  January 23, 2013, 08:43:07 am
Great portraits! Wish I could use em on the 366 version but those are good nonetheless

Off topic:
Nice sig btw lol
#53  January 24, 2013, 03:09:19 am
  • Gotta Light?
Awesome, thanks for the portraits, Reck.  I've been neglecting making ports over the past week or so...glad someone else is doing some, haha.  I added links in the first post BTW.  I've also been neglecting the (hopefully final) update, but it'll get done.  Thanks again!
#54  February 15, 2013, 07:52:55 am
    • USA
Hello everyone! Sorry I have not yet released MvC2 Portrait Pack II yet, but don't worry It's coming along :) I've just been a little preoccupied creating some content for NoZ's WarZone Screenpack, However I assure you it shall be released!! :D
#55  February 16, 2013, 02:40:00 am
  • ...and this little masochist, is ready to confess
Downloading now! Thanks for sharing.
I liked the projectors too...
#56  October 06, 2015, 07:03:47 pm
    • Portugal
    • goncalo2011@gmail.com
#57  October 16, 2015, 02:55:22 am
  • XX
    • Argentina
Hi everyone , i'm new here. This S.P is amazing. I see in previous pages users petitions about this S.P bigger (with more slots) this pack S.P is perfect for me , but i like the smalls rosters (50 slots maybe 55) is possible an E.O.A with 50 or 55 slots, @davismaximus????

THANKS! (sorry for the poor english)