YesNoOk

Mortal Kombat 9 [1.0 AND 1.1] (Read 44100 times)

Started by Maxi619, December 08, 2013, 11:39:53 pm
Share this topic:
Mortal Kombat 9 [1.0 AND 1.1]
#1  December 08, 2013, 11:39:53 pm
    • France

-  Version : MUGEN 1.0 and MUGEN 1.1
-  Resolution : 1280x720 (if it's too laggy, switch to 640x360)

I made template files for all the portraits type (.png and .psd file) they are situated in the "templates" folder in the main mugen directory.
If you want to add your own characters to the screenpack, the numbers for the portraits are :

9000,0 : Little portrait
9000,1 : Character select portrait
9000,2 : VS portrait
9000,3 : In-game portrait
9000,4 : Tag team portrait

When you'll put yours in the .sff of your character, make sure the position is in 0,0.

And remember it's a SCREENPACK so IT DOES NOT COME WITH THE CHARACTERS.
I said that because a lot of people ask me for fatalities, 3D chars etc... A screenpack is only a graphic template, not a game !
Another topic will be create for the full game version.

ENJOY ! :)

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

old project thread is here:
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/mortal-kombat-9-1-1-version-released--133300.0.html ;)
Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 10:20:43 pm by Maxi619
Re: Mortal Kombat 9 [1.0 AND 1.1]
#2  December 09, 2013, 12:19:00 am
  • Making stuff is hard
Woo!  Now we just need the MK9 cast finished up.
#3  December 09, 2013, 02:23:17 am
  • Can't stop, won't stop!
    • Argentina
HOLY MOTHER OF MUGEN! awesome job men,it looks like the original game well done!
#4  December 09, 2013, 02:30:58 am
  • You deserve respect and justice, so we demand it!
    • USA
one of my favorite fighting games coming into a screepack, wow. It looks amazing bro, will test! :D
YouTube | Google

Spoiler: You want to know what really pisses me off? (click to see content)
#5  December 09, 2013, 04:44:21 am
  • PlayerOneShow
    • USA
Thanks for the up!
#6  December 09, 2013, 12:30:46 pm
  • Food and Woman!
The lifebars, how to make it fit with normal characters? What I mean is when I put Ryu in this game and use him, when he win there are no winfont for him and Ryu also does not do his victory stance instead it just fade to black and go to the next round. Sub-Zero and Scorpion you provide is ok, they have winfont and victory stance after they win the round. How to fix it?
#7  December 09, 2013, 03:13:36 pm
    • France
The lifebars, how to make it fit with normal characters? What I mean is when I put Ryu in this game and use him, when he win there are no winfont for him and Ryu also does not do his victory stance instead it just fade to black and go to the next round. Sub-Zero and Scorpion you provide is ok, they have winfont and victory stance after they win the round. How to fix it?

Mmh I don't know, I didn't touch the game files, only the graphics (system, fight etc...)
Maybe your ryu does not have the common numbers for the victory stance ?
#8  December 09, 2013, 03:39:39 pm
  • Food and Woman!
Mmh I don't know, I didn't touch the game files, only the graphics (system, fight etc...)

No, my Ryu has it. Not just Ryu, basically other mugen characters also happen. I use Goku, Iori, even Kung Fu Man all of them do not have winfont and just stay normal stance instead of their victory stance after winning the round. I try open the fight.def file, I change the win.time from 90 to 60. When I do that the winfont is appear but the character still don't do their victory stance and the time also is so short, when the characters win, the winfont appear then immediately go to round two. So I change the win.time again then nothing happen. Only 60 that has some result. Trust me, all my characters collection have their victory stance. I use them many time in my mugen.
#9  December 09, 2013, 04:12:28 pm
    • France

No, my Ryu has it. Not just Ryu, basically other mugen characters also happen. I use Goku, Iori, even Kung Fu Man all of them do not have winfont and just stay normal stance instead of their victory stance after winning the round. I try open the fight.def file, I change the win.time from 90 to 60. When I do that the winfont is appear but the character still don't do their victory stance and the time also is so short, when the characters win, the winfont appear then immediately go to round two. So I change the win.time again then nothing happen. Only 60 that has some result. Trust me, all my characters collection have their victory stance. I use them many time in my mugen.

Strange. I test with some random characters, and it worked perfectly. Look :

I don't know where that come from...
#10  December 09, 2013, 04:34:12 pm
  • Food and Woman!
Yea that is strange...well, I try look out again and do what I can do..maybe I miss something. I let you know if I get anything
#11  December 09, 2013, 05:07:00 pm
  • Food and Woman!
Ok, done some more test so this what I get, the winfont and victory stance work well when play in arcade mode but when play in other mode like vs mode or watch mode, the winfont and victory stance won't work. Well in vs mode, it's kinda random...sometime it work sometime not. Why don't you try and see if it happen or not..try multiple time to see the result because when I first using Goku SSJ3 by Sankiti it work twice but then it won't work anymore.
#12  December 09, 2013, 06:14:00 pm
    • France
Ok, done some more test so this what I get, the winfont and victory stance work well when play in arcade mode but when play in other mode like vs mode or watch mode, the winfont and victory stance won't work. Well in vs mode, it's kinda random...sometime it work sometime not. Why don't you try and see if it happen or not..try multiple time to see the result because when I first using Goku SSJ3 by Sankiti it work twice but then it won't work anymore.

Ok, I have the same problem in the team leadder mode. I'll try to fix it ;)

Posted: December 09, 2013, 09:31:41 pm
Problem is solved. The screenpack is being re-uploaded.
For those who had the same problem, re-download the screenpack on the front page :)
#13  December 10, 2013, 04:26:11 am
  • Food and Woman!
Thanks man! It work great now  :yippi:

#14  December 10, 2013, 05:22:36 pm
    • France
#15  December 10, 2013, 09:15:21 pm
  • dang ol' spirit sword man.
    • USA
    • twitch.tv/xtayisblackx
I'm not sure if you have it like that or not, but i get no fight sounds, as in i don't hear a "round one, fight" I'm not sure if it was intended to be that way or not... I know the name sayings after the round have to be hard coded into the character but at least round * fight should be there...
#16  December 10, 2013, 09:18:03 pm
  • You will not stop me!
    • USA

I couldn't help but laugh at this. Nice release.
omg you live omg omg omg
fire emblem awakening owns
#17  December 10, 2013, 11:38:52 pm
  • Food and Woman!
I'm not sure if you have it like that or not, but i get no fight sounds, as in i don't hear a "round one, fight" I'm not sure if it was intended to be that way or not... I know the name sayings after the round have to be hard coded into the character but at least round * fight should be there...

Er...it does have the sound.

Posted: December 10, 2013, 11:40:03 pm

I couldn't help but laugh at this. Nice release.

LOL! I didn't notice at all...you have a great eye!
#18  December 11, 2013, 09:40:08 pm
    • raibakuoh_20xx@yahoo.com
Nice Work.
#19  December 25, 2014, 10:42:17 pm
Errm.. I'm keeping for a long time Maxi's MK 9 screenpack and characters for mugen 1.0 as my compilation of his stuff is what I am currently playing and prefer to have plus additions of my own. I thought he lost his stuff in the past, good to see he has got those back, I would update what I have with his 1.1 screenpack, as well as some stages to their proper coloring with 1.1.

Now since in my preferences I have to keep the 4:3 ratio, I am using 1280x960 (or whichever 4:3 values you like), can the 1.1 screenpack go well with such resolution? Else, lots of stages would have their boundaries out of what they have to be, and I have other reasons to keep 4:3.

By the way I may add some sounds from MK9 myself or improved them, what I considered better than what is in the screenpacks, but only in case someone needs those additions, least of all I keep them up to my taste.

I am also going to replace many sprites of my own stages to 24 bit formats, and while I don't have the MK9 game to make proper stages, will share whatever comes out of this as temporary stages, while waiting for someone who has the resources to make good 3D looking stages. I am all into 3D looking stuff, tired of the old MK graphics from UMK3.

And speaking of that, some nice 3D looking MK9 stages been released but never shared by those that did, example> Scorpion's Lair:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5tw1JASm-I

As for 3D chars, I understood Maxi and whoever working with him are thinking of making them like in the previous pages, mostly the MK3 graphics with small modifications, I am not fan of this but it's their choice. Me, as looking more into 3D stuff, especially with Mugen 1.1 would use for my version any chance I have for 3D looking fighters with their latest graphics. For example I have Quan Chi and Meat in 3D (started by a now abandoned MKA project that died in such a sudden disappearance of the author), there is a Sub-Zero and Scorp

http://mugen.the-chronicles.org/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=6750
http://mugen.the-chronicles.org/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=6785

(oh goody one guy made MKA Cyrax from 3D sprites and the content disappeared forever, I mean almost got my Cyrax in 3D sprites, would be nice if someone made e.g MK9 3D looking sprites of him once and for all xD)

http://i.imgur.com/SR9X94E.jpg
-------
TL:DR: Maxi brought 1.1 screenpack - nice, gonna use it on my own since I use MK9 game with his addition (not making a project) and adapt it with my 4:3 resolution; will improve some stages I have until someone brings some 3D stages from MK9. 3D chars - Maxi and his team don't plan them but my question is - would they adapt any 3D looking characters from MK9 they come across to the game and replace those Mk3 looking? I mean if you don't have the time to do it on your own and someone allows you to have it, why not? Sharing these links for just in case, it's not much but..

Speaking of which ... is the Mugen 1.1 screenpack missing? The link below 1.1 is with removed files, I see the packs that are for 1.0 in Skydrive, right?
Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 10:19:07 am by Emetar
#20  March 06, 2015, 01:10:41 pm
    • France
Errm.. I'm keeping for a long time Maxi's MK 9 screenpack and characters for mugen 1.0 as my compilation of his stuff is what I am currently playing and prefer to have plus additions of my own. I thought he lost his stuff in the past, good to see he has got those back, I would update what I have with his 1.1 screenpack, as well as some stages to their proper coloring with 1.1.

Now since in my preferences I have to keep the 4:3 ratio, I am using 1280x960 (or whichever 4:3 values you like), can the 1.1 screenpack go well with such resolution? Else, lots of stages would have their boundaries out of what they have to be, and I have other reasons to keep 4:3.

By the way I may add some sounds from MK9 myself or improved them, what I considered better than what is in the screenpacks, but only in case someone needs those additions, least of all I keep them up to my taste.

I am also going to replace many sprites of my own stages to 24 bit formats, and while I don't have the MK9 game to make proper stages, will share whatever comes out of this as temporary stages, while waiting for someone who has the resources to make good 3D looking stages. I am all into 3D looking stuff, tired of the old MK graphics from UMK3.

And speaking of that, some nice 3D looking MK9 stages been released but never shared by those that did, example> Scorpion's Lair:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5tw1JASm-I

As for 3D chars, I understood Maxi and whoever working with him are thinking of making them like in the previous pages, mostly the MK3 graphics with small modifications, I am not fan of this but it's their choice. Me, as looking more into 3D stuff, especially with Mugen 1.1 would use for my version any chance I have for 3D looking fighters with their latest graphics. For example I have Quan Chi and Meat in 3D (started by a now abandoned MKA project that died in such a sudden disappearance of the author), there is a Sub-Zero and Scorp

http://mugen.the-chronicles.org/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=6750
http://mugen.the-chronicles.org/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=6785

(oh goody one guy made MKA Cyrax from 3D sprites and the content disappeared forever, I mean almost got my Cyrax in 3D sprites, would be nice if someone made e.g MK9 3D looking sprites of him once and for all xD)

http://i.imgur.com/SR9X94E.jpg
-------
TL:DR: Maxi brought 1.1 screenpack - nice, gonna use it on my own since I use MK9 game with his addition (not making a project) and adapt it with my 4:3 resolution; will improve some stages I have until someone brings some 3D stages from MK9. 3D chars - Maxi and his team don't plan them but my question is - would they adapt any 3D looking characters from MK9 they come across to the game and replace those Mk3 looking? I mean if you don't have the time to do it on your own and someone allows you to have it, why not? Sharing these links for just in case, it's not much but..

Speaking of which ... is the Mugen 1.1 screenpack missing? The link below 1.1 is with removed files, I see the packs that are for 1.0 in Skydrive, right?

Hi man,

Been a long time, I didn't know you were still interested by this project :)
I saw what you wrote, and I notice some things that don't make sense to me :
- Why making 3D chars for a mugen game ? In my opinion, mugen is meant to work with 2D sprites. The filesize of a 3D sprite is much more heavier than a 2D sprite,, so in fact they use more resources of the computer. Consider the fact that everyone has not a gaming computer.
- The 3D stages I made was a test, and I realised it was not coherent with the 2D pixellised characters. So do it if you really thinks it's relevant, but with 2D sprites it is reaaaaaaally ugly.
- The screenpack is meant to a 16/9 screen, why using 4/3 ? Every screen today can use 16/9 format, except if you really want to make your a project with 4/3 format. But this screenpack is not meant to be in 4/3

For the links, I'll see if I can re-update them (I still have all the files in my external drive). The files have been deleted, means that it was not downloaded very much xD