YesNoOk

Mortal Kombat 9 [1.0 AND 1.1] (Read 44113 times)

Started by Maxi619, December 08, 2013, 11:39:53 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Mortal Kombat 9 [1.0 AND 1.1]
#21  March 19, 2015, 12:32:59 am
Maxi619,

Well, I don't know if you are still doing it but I think we need to have ONE decent MK9 mostly MK X looking project, nm who makes it, that really has graphics of MK9 and MK X - at least some chars, stages and stuff. I am not much into Mugen anymore esp char creation (I am here mostly to remake some stages in 24 bit for Mugen 1.1 that lost quality when in 8 bit)  but there are others who are willing to make some things.

You do not have to upload your screenpack, unless others want it, as I think MK X screepack is a fresh new start (I like basing Mugen on latest MK) and I will have from now on MK X based Mugen

- Why making 3D chars for a mugen game ? In my opinion, mugen is meant to work with 2D sprites. The filesize of a 3D sprite is much more heavier than a 2D sprite,, so in fact they use more resources of the computer. Consider the fact that everyone has not a gaming computer.

You mean like such sprites? (not from MK but im working on MK based char)
http://imgur.com/a/6XSvg

Well I see what you mean, but this is still 256 color sprites, shouldn't be that heavy even though it isn't like MK3 chars who have probably up to 32 colors used mostly in sprites. MUGEN is 1.1 - that still doesn't mean all has to be 24 Bit - ofc it will be too heavy but some stages made with better colors and 256 color chars like in my pic - after all these years unless 10 year old PCs, this should be good enough for any PC. 256 color chars are still 256 and is far from e.g 3D game like the real MK9.

- The 3D stages I made was a test, and I realised it was not coherent with the 2D pixellised characters. So do it if you really thinks it's relevant, but with 2D sprites it is reaaaaaaally ugly.

I have posted pics of 3D looking Quan chi and others, I think they fit well, but yeah MK3 char with 3D stage doesn't,

- The screenpack is meant to a 16/9 screen, why using 4/3 ? Every screen today can use 16/9 format, except if you really want to make your a project with 4/3 format. But this screenpack is not meant to be in 4/3

Yes I have stages that are from 4:3 and better stay as such, otherwise stages get their boundleft/right/up misplaced. Your old screenpack was also 16:9? It works perfectly because what you set as Video= is really how you stretch your screen, most things work and are seen the same way, It is my personal preference, everything works fine for me in 4:3

Some are willing to do MK9 or other 3D looking chars, idk how far they will go but I think we've had enough of those MK3 chars and with newer opportunities it is time to change to a better looking ones. MK9 and MK X chars have much more basic moves I heard, so they would require less sprites. Ofc that would need a new FIGHTFX - better with MK X specific things and code.
Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 07:49:28 pm by Emetar
#22  March 20, 2015, 02:20:40 pm
  • AfroSamurai
  • Nothing personal. It’s just revenge.
    • Germany
1.1 link is dead...
#23  December 04, 2016, 10:23:43 pm
    • France
Guys, the 1.1 version has been reuploaded !
Sorry for not giving news, the project I wanted for this was too big and at the time, no one was able to help me on making the game...
For now it's just a screenpack, but in my head I want to make it a 2D remaster of the actual MK9 game. It's hard to do this alone.
Anyway, enjoy the screenpack ;)
#24  December 09, 2016, 12:22:58 am
  • You came to defeat me!? Hmph. In your dreams, bud!
  • RoK Member & MUGEN Lover & Editor
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Thanks a lot for the reup Maxi. :)
#25  December 09, 2016, 01:33:49 am
good job maxi thanks for reuploading it, but it would be good if you could change the physics of the game like the previous version was.