YesNoOk

Mr. X's Hideout (Full Package Open Source) Updated 4-24-2008 (Read 2181 times)

Started by DarkValentine1984, April 23, 2008, 04:34:47 am
Share this topic:
Mr. X's Hideout (Full Package Open Source) Updated 4-24-2008
New #1  April 23, 2008, 04:34:47 am
  • The FanFic Artist of M.U.G.E.N
    • generation-now.net/
As the title says, it's a full package open source release of this stage. That to me, still counts as long, because it's not on a looping background, like the Rival Schools stages.

http://dv1984.freehoxt.com/

Stages section - link to file, is in the form of the picture, in this post.

Release Notes from the Readme file.

4-22-2008

Stage version 0.75 - First Release:

Stage will be released as is, with a fully loaded SFF file. Containing all parts of this stage. It also comes included with the main stage, broken into 6 smaller pieces. Each piece, has a pixel dimension of 1024x275. You can modify it as you see fit, in the event you don't want to have the stage uber long, by using the said smaller pieces, located in the SFF. The stage also comes packed with the city backgrounds, torches, glass pane & skylines.

As for mechanics in the stage, The Boundleft & Boundright areas of the stage, are exact, and need no further adjusting. Unless you plan on making the said edits yourself. If you make the edit, adjust boundleft & boundright accordingly.

Enjoy. The above in the readme, is given that you're familiar with Stage Creation (either a little, or a lot is fine). If you need further help, either read the docs, or look for my video on Youtube, on how to do so. As said in the readme, you can modify it, as you see fit.
"Today, your inevitable teaching. tomorrow, your unavoidable Schooling - DarkValentine1984"

My Youtube Channel
My Newgrounds Audio Page
My M.U.G.E.N Works

I have a Zero Tolerance attitude for stupidity, in serious situations.
Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 05:22:04 pm by Titiln Papintamidos
Re: [Stage] Mr. X's Hideout (Full Package Open Source) Released
#2  April 24, 2008, 03:55:07 pm
    • generation-now.net/
Stage Updated.

4-24-2008:
Minor stage fix: Debugbg was set to 1 instead of 0. This was a mistake on my fault. It is now set to 0. Stage was off by 1 to 2 pixels, since it still had some pink in there. this has also been pointed out, and corrected. To ensure that it's still not seen, the black layer, that is in the sff file, has been tiled. It is not really necessary, but was done as a saftey measure, just in case.

~Credit goes to Cybaster, for pointing out what I have missed, by accident~
"Today, your inevitable teaching. tomorrow, your unavoidable Schooling - DarkValentine1984"

My Youtube Channel
My Newgrounds Audio Page
My M.U.G.E.N Works

#3  April 24, 2008, 03:55:49 pm
Looks like something out of Final Fight.
The key to happiness is not to mourn on the past, or to worry about tomorrow - but to live here and now. In the present. Honestly and earnestly.
#4  April 24, 2008, 04:01:48 pm
    • generation-now.net/
Well, at the time Final Fight came out, the original Streets of Rage, was Sega's answer to Final Fight, during the time of the console wars, between both games. Though, one tried it's best to not look as similar, as the other. As I'll quote, to what I explained, about the differences, between the two games, as i explained it, at Infinity Mugen.

Tenspeed at IMT said:
one problem:

metro city = final fight
new york city = streets of rage

DarkValentine said:
Thing is, they never specified that both games had different cities. So it's really not a problem here.

You see, Final Fight's Metro City, was based off New York City. it's clearly evident, in the Bayside area, when you fight Abagail.

Whereas in Streets of Rage, Sega tried to not make it a conflict with Capcom, and not add in the Statue of Liberty. But, still called it, Metro City. Since both games, happen in two different universes, considering both games, were mere years apart.

Streets of Rage, is also represent of Oak City. Though the style of it, is derived of NYC. This is most noticable, between SoR & SoR2. in SoR, it took a more Oak City direction, and in SoR 2, it took a more NYC direction. Still, without causing conflict. Sega only went with what fitted the most.

So, as far as I'm concerned, Metro City & NYC, are the same thing. Except that one has the Statue of Liberty, and one doesn't. Again, applying to different universes. And for the fact that one tried it's best, to not copy the other. Not just by story, but gameplay as well.

It pays to do a bit more research 8)

Trust me, I'm not new to either game, and have played both long enough, to know the differences. I'm old school for a reason.

My Youtube Channel
My Newgrounds Audio Page
My M.U.G.E.N Works

#5  April 24, 2008, 04:02:54 pm
  • Sonic stage creator
    • www.freewebs.com/ultimategokuex/index.htm
Wow
this stage is extremly long  :o
boundleft = -2898
boundright = 2898
thats HUGE
my stages are only about 100 to 250

Mr x is one lucky guy to have a hideout that big :D

But if u wanna make your stages big i got no problem with that
aside from the imence size of this stage its fine

nice job  ;)
Re: [Stage] Mr. X's Hideout (Full Package Open Source) Updated 4-24-2008
New #6  April 24, 2008, 04:08:52 pm
    • generation-now.net/
Thanks.

In the original Streets of Rage for the Genesis, and Streets of Rage Remake for the PC, this stage, was exactly that long. So my intentions for this stage, was to do an exact replica of how long this stage really was. To remind most of how long it took, just to get to Mr.X. As it was that famous long hallway, where you did it Megaman X style, and pretty much fought all the bosses over, from earlier stages.

Ironically, Capcom didn't do this in Final Fight, because they thought, it would be to repetitive like they did it, for about every single Megaman game released :P

To let you in on exactly how long this stage is in reality. The pixel dimension is about 6144x275. I had the height set at 275, to make it a proper height, to fit M.U.G.E.Nized characters. since the stages for Streets of Rage Remake, were cut into a number of pieces, that didn't promote proper height display for mugen characters.

My Youtube Channel
My Newgrounds Audio Page
My M.U.G.E.N Works

Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 04:14:44 pm by DarkValentine1984