YesNoOk

the snack bar - urban champion (updated) (Read 10972 times)

Started by Zigmenthotep, November 18, 2009, 01:33:54 pm
Share this topic:
the snack bar - urban champion (updated)
New #1  November 18, 2009, 01:33:54 pm
  • you sir, are a scoundrel!
i was playing urban champion earlier, and then i made this... pretty much just more playing around with the coordinate spaces

available here with all my other new stages

UPDATE: i expanded the sidewalk for more standing room, the definitions for the original stage are still there, so you can switch them if you like.
Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 01:04:54 am by Zigmenthotep
Re: the snack bar - urban champion
#2  November 19, 2009, 03:47:25 am

It reminds me of the old Ghostbusters game for the NES.
Those were the days.

It's probably gonna look a little weird having a complete side-on-view floor.
Extend the sidewalk down a little and show more of the top and you'll be all set.

I like it though. I'm in the middle of making something similar.
Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 03:54:49 am by Dr. House
#3  November 19, 2009, 05:56:44 am
There is another stage from Urban Champion converted to MUGEN by DRACUL.  Compared to this one, Zigmenthotep's is taller, but only has the Snack Bar.  DRACUL's probably has everything and is longer, but shorter.
My Mugen Wish List would include protagonists, mascots and other iconic characters with everything they have brought straight from their source with little or no editing.
#4  November 19, 2009, 07:25:57 am
  • you sir, are a scoundrel!
It's probably gonna look a little weird having a complete side-on-view floor.
Extend the sidewalk down a little and show more of the top and you'll be all set.
after a little more testing, you do have a point, i extended the sidewalk to accommodate characters with wider stances.

There is another stage from Urban Champion converted to MUGEN by DRACUL.  Compared to this one, Zigmenthotep's is taller, but only has the Snack Bar.  DRACUL's probably has everything and is longer, but shorter.
the two stages seem to be going for different things, my main goal was to accuratly recreate the fighting space from the original game while making it scale to fit standard sized characters