YesNoOk

Kingdom Hearts General Thread (Read 179669 times)

Started by Formerly Hoshi, October 15, 2013, 08:38:41 am
Share this topic:
Re: Kingdom Hearts General Thread
#141  June 11, 2017, 10:30:16 am
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
IT LIVES

-Such a gorgeous trailer, and this is all from the first world? Damn
-Looks.like they're mixing all the best bits of the previous games together ala Sonic Mania. I saw that 1 finisher from 1FM and Sonic Blade.
-0.2 magic system? Combined with limits and forms? Cool
-if the trailer was dubbed in Japanese, how far are they in development

And more news next month? Sweet.
#142  June 11, 2017, 03:16:08 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Was it ever explained what the deal was with the new outfit with the red hood?  At first I placed it as a regional variant, your usual different look for Halloween Town, Atlantica, Tron and the such.  But he's kept it over multiple worlds.  So then I figured it was to replace the KHII outfit. But that keeps showing up now and then too.  I don't think it's the same deal as KHII's post-prologue initial moments with Sora stuck in his KHI clothes.  Part of their reasoning for the new outfit was that it magically changes his looks to fit in that specific world anyways, so it seems weird to want to replace it.

Also it's funny how amazing Hades, Pete and Maleficent look now.  Odd to see such old Disney cartoons so highly detailed.  Didn't see much of Hercules but he's in there too.

But yeah, hyped as usual, still looking great, glad to see more news is coming relatively soon for a change.
Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 04:03:25 pm by Long John Killer
#143  June 11, 2017, 03:58:49 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
I am fine with waiting an additional 3-4 years for the final product because this looks beautiful.
#144  June 11, 2017, 04:08:13 pm
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
Was it ever explained what the deal was with the new outfit with the red hood?

it looks like Sora starts Olympus with his Kh2 costume and gets the new costume partway through the world.
Or maybe its customisable like in 0.2.

#145  June 11, 2017, 09:08:09 pm
  • Here every now and then...
    • USA
    • zboyx8@live.com
It looks like he has a form similar to Limit Form called "Second Form" and it uses his KH2 color scheme for the new outfit. That's interesting. The form with the shield is cool as all heck! Sora can now channel the power of Jojo!
#146  July 15, 2017, 11:04:17 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
Toy Story world was fucking revealed man. It was fucking beautiful.

Released date is NEXT YEAR 2018!

EDIT: BOTH Buzz and Woody as party members.

#147  July 15, 2017, 11:08:15 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
FUCKING FINALLY
This is a generic forum signature.
#148  July 15, 2017, 11:08:28 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
Here's the trailer
Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 11:39:00 pm by Moon Girard
#149  July 15, 2017, 11:27:05 pm
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com
Now the only question is it going to be released early, mid, or late 2018 for the West. My guess is probably Mid-late 2018.
#150  July 15, 2017, 11:42:48 pm
    • USA
Jesus, the Toy Story characters look directly lifted out of their movie into this.  It's surreal.  And then there's Sora looking...I dunno, a little less impressive with this transformation than other worlds.  Whatever, it's still cool.

So I don't think it was shown before in other worlds, but for this trailer what I'd assume is their initial opening cutscene getting into the Toy Story world shows them also having that world's Keyblade automatically from the start.  I actually kind of rather like that.  There was something fun about getting a new key chain for completing a world, then using it in the next unrelated world, like beating Tarzan then using the Jungle King in Hercules, but later on you'll find yourself preferring one key chain over any others you get.  This makes them all get some spotlight.

Or I'm just looking way too deep into that.  Anyways, the Keyblade concept's cool, half Buzz and half Woody themed.
#151  July 16, 2017, 04:35:48 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
I am pleased one of Buzz's MP moves is his crazy spin move from the SNES game.

I am also pleased that the timelime takes place between Toy Story 1 and 2.
#152  February 10, 2018, 04:18:46 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
New trailer, Monsters Inc. world confirmed:

Looks like Ariel's been made into a summon this time around, which hopefully means we won't have to deal with another underwater level again.  Fucking finny fun...
#153  February 10, 2018, 11:47:10 pm
    • USA
I still feel in the minority that loved just how different the world for Little Mermaid was in the first game, that to revisit that in here would have given a pass for the music nonsense II had.  Ah well, probably for the best instead of dividing people further.  I noticed Sora's monster disguise changes color, wonder what it means.

Anyways, that's only one trailer.  They posted two today, the second one's previewing Hikaru Utada's new theme song for the game "Don't Think Twice" with a little bit of older Riku at the end.

Wow, though, he's practically a different character by this point, changing the face, hair and clothes.  Am I forgetting Way to the Dawn breaking at the end of Dream Drop Distance or is this new?

I was kinda hoping to avoid spoiling hearing the song for the first time until the game dropped and having the proper context for the opening and closing of the game, but like hell I was going to be able to resist waiting for practically a year.  I like it.
#154  February 11, 2018, 12:11:04 am
    • Netherlands
Sora's colour and outfit change depending on which Keyblade form he's using. In the monster inc. world his fur changes colour instead.
#155  February 11, 2018, 12:17:45 am
    • USA
Hm, but after losing the KHII outfit and obtaining this new one we've seen him get for this game, it has remained the same between different keyblades across Hercules, Tangled and other worlds, so that can't be it. Never mind, I was focusing on the single regular Kingdom Key keyblade.  Duh, the other forms, the shield and stuff.  You're right.

Also, as I mentioned above (Yet 7 freaking months ago, this drought is killing me slowly), it appears the keyblade's form might be changing specifically to tie into that world at the beginning, rather than picking which one you use?  Not that that's confirmed, but it does appear that way upon inspection.

That all said, his eyes are green when talking with Marluxia, which is certainly odd.  Could just be the lighting, though.  Speaking of Marluxia, Xemnas and Xehanort's Heartless turned out a little funky looking dropping a layer of the cartoon aesthetic used prior, but Marluxia's looking just fine.  I hope the others are touched up to a similar degree now.
Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 12:25:00 am by Long John Killer
#156  May 18, 2018, 11:57:15 pm
    • USA

Bunch of new gameplay footage, release date to be announced next month. But more importantly:

I'M GONNA WRECK IT!
#157  May 24, 2018, 01:00:21 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Wreck-it Ralph better not be represented in summon only!!!
I need a Wreck-it Ralph world in my life!
Like, seriously, just imagine the possibilities! Just imagine how many ways this game could possibly go with a Wreck-it Ralph world!
Heck, maybe they can make older Final Fantasy games cameo in that world as well.
Or heck, maybe even Square's pre-FF games! Like, holy shit, the possibilities are never ending!
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#158  May 24, 2018, 02:12:10 pm
  • Suika cute
    • sites.google.com/site/roysquadrocks/
Wreck-It Ralph is a summon... unfortunately.
#159  June 11, 2018, 12:48:51 am
    • USA
#160  June 11, 2018, 12:55:14 am
    • USA
You still got 7 months.  Now that the hype has died from the original and Frozen 2 is still some distance off, should go see it.  When the world's not breathing down your neck for expectations one way or another, it's a pretty good Disney movie, personally better than a good number of their catalogue.

On the flip side, I haven't seen Big Hero 6.  I just had no confidence in them pulling through with their own take on Marvel superheroes.  But hey, guess I was wrong there.

A slight bit disappointing the date's later than we were hoping for, but the beginning of next year isn't the end of the world compared to the end of this one.  Also, what the heck happened to their audio for this trailer?  Should have left the sound effects, just a little muted, because just the voices over the song sounds so bad.

Mentioned this in the E3 thread, but seeing Larxene's going to be a Xehanort host, here's hoping she's more practically useful to the plot.  As fun as all the Organization members were conceptually, the majority of them didn't to a whole hell of a lot.  And poor Aqua....I was hoping we'd get to save her.  Not that that's not still an option, but still, we might have to kill her now.  I hope not, Xion was more than enough.

I still don't know if I like what they've done with Ansem and Xemnas in this game.  Something about their models just looks off, and it's just them now compared to everyone else.
Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 12:59:01 am by Long John Killer