YesNoOk

Merry Hyper Dragon Ball NEW Majin Build 2015 (Read 193754 times)

Started by Iced, December 23, 2015, 11:50:01 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Merry Hyper Dragon Ball NEW Majin Build 2015
#161  January 19, 2016, 12:21:38 pm
  • Here every now and then...
    • USA
    • zboyx8@live.com
@goldeneragaming

Ok just to add my two cents in here. All of your complaints are kinda pointless dude. Firstly, after watching your gameplay, it's pretty obvious to see that you aren't exactly fantastic at the game. Not saying your bad but there's room for improvement. Secondly, if you understand fighting games then you'll know that reading enemy patterns is essential. You don't do that. Hell in your fight with Cyan Vegeta you willingly backed yourself into the corner against a character who's super damn deadly once he has you cornered. Also in terms of the Saibaman stuff. You can easily remove that from the game if it bothers you that much. Also I'm only bringing this up because this how I feel about the matter. GOHAN IS NOT THAT HARD! His attacks are very easily punished. His Masenko can be avoided by just jumping and hitting an attack button if he's charging it. Once again. Enemy patterns in a fighting game are key. They all have tells. And lastly...I doubt that a "casual gamer" (whatever you classify as casual nowadays) would even touch a fighting game as complex as hyper DBZ. Fighting games already have a selective audience as it is and Mugen is even smaller. Unless you were reeeeeally hardcore about fighting games or DBZ, I wouldn't see you touching this game or even knowing about it. But anyway, dude just keep practicing because honestly these problems are only problems because you don't know how to deal with them. If you find it hard to land SSJ Goku's Lvl 3 Hyper then find ways to combo into it as stated above. Hell you can easily cancel it from his St.HP. don't take what we say as insults or anything. We just want you to enjoy the game as much as we do.
#162  January 19, 2016, 02:08:50 pm
  • Thanks for all the help!
    • USA
I was playing goku - non super saiyan.

Again, I know the game isn't finished so I was trying to help and that's why I made suggestions.

I watched my playback and I do suck - kinda but it was my day 1.

I backed myself into a corner because that's literally the best thing to do against cyan vegeta.
#163  January 19, 2016, 02:19:26 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
all the suggestions are welcome even if not all are getting changed , diverse feedback is good anyway.

The cyans are not getting any updates btw, ever, they are just cheap bosses with downgraded intros and winposes and upgraded cheapness. ( They do have their own winquots tho )
#164  January 22, 2016, 05:26:31 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#165  January 24, 2016, 12:10:40 am
  • Hate is just confused admiration.
    • USA
Everyone is complaining about Gohan, even Rhymestlye on youtube. I don't understand when he is easy as cake, just block. Everything he does is very punishable. The bosses are meant to be op but are beatable. The only thing i agree on is SSJ Gokus teleport tactics in Justice mode. Golden, i'd say a lot of your issues come from your very aggresive, impatient style of play. Watch the patterns as others have said and punish, i mean Gohan and All Vegetas do the same thing over and over.
It's all the same in the end, matter and motion, simple or complex. No difference, finally. Death, transfiguration. Ashes to ashes and slime to slime, amen.

#166  January 24, 2016, 12:14:31 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Some people over rely on basics and dont really block or punish. Rhyme would have an easier time if he was performing more specials to punish gohan. However Gohan is a bit too aggressive and will get some fixes to nerf him down a tad, I noticed some meterless combos where his damage seems too much.
#167  January 24, 2016, 07:08:09 am
    • Philippines
Are you guys planning on making Broly? Because I saw a portrait of him in the portraits folder
#168  January 24, 2016, 07:11:53 am
    • USA
    • zboyx8@live.com
Huh where did you find that image? I thought I removed all of those (for this specific reason; unneccesairy speculations).
Well he's not a character that is really planned at all, I mostly just made that sprite for fun.

We've been through this lol
#169  January 24, 2016, 07:32:33 pm
Since this thread is bumped, random suggestion:

If Team Z2 ever wants to make a grappler, I hope the best of the Ocean dub weighs into their decision.

#170  January 25, 2016, 05:16:24 am
  • Sir
  • No.
Finding this game has been like a dream come true after my disappointment with 'blank'. This may be the best thing to come out of finding this lovely forum. I don't know how this flew under my M.U.G.E.N. and DBZ radar for all these years!

Edit: don't want the lawyer-bots crawling this thread. That's how you catch a bad case of C&D.
No.
Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 05:46:58 am by TravisMoehring
#171  January 25, 2016, 05:39:14 pm
I'm guessing you mean Extreme Butoden. Yeah, I feel like that was pretty lame too aside from the graphics. Especially coming from Arc System Works, who we know can make amazing 2D fighters.

As far as C&Ds go. Bear in mind that Namco Bandai's Dragonball games are meant for a wider audience than hardcore fighting game fans. Like the wackos who actually want Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta to overpower everyone and the ones who want huge, samey rosters with throwaway characters like Appule. Also people who want story modes, what-if scenarios, recreations of classic scenes, etc. People who are there for the Dragonball Z license and necessarily the quality of the game so. If someone is turned off by their games and wants Hyper Dragonball Z instead, they probably aren't in Bandai Namco's target audience and Bandai Namco probably doesn't care.

Seeing as they've already mentioned that they're aware of Hyper Dragonball Z, I guarantee you that the lawyers have already discussed C&Ding the project and decided not to. It would just make them look bad and there are no Hyper Dragonball Z profits to seize. The most likely ways that a C&D would happen is if Team Z2 started selling the game, or if they started passing it off as an actual company's product instead of a fangame. If nothing else, they can look at YouTube views and use it to determine how much interest there is in a game like Hyper Dragonball Z.
#172  January 25, 2016, 06:35:13 pm
  • Sir
  • No.
I hadn't seen that they were already aware of the project though I'm not surprised that they are considering the popularity of the project two years ago. I'm still shocked I just found it. But some of these studios use bots that automatically troll for mentions of their intellectual properties and sometimes will fire off an automatic C&D letter that scares the ships out of a community only to be rescinded by the legal team with a big "sorry for the scare fellas, keep up the good work." Good to see they are pretty laxed about it.
And yeah, I do believe that's been the failing point for many of the new fighting games, beyond just dbz. The Naruto fighting games have surely succumbed to the things you named, but the combat still can be competitive and fun. To me there hasn't been a good Dragonball fighting game since Burst Limit and I would bet that folks here might have a very different opinion about the game than I. I loved the simplistic attack combos and that every character could be played with little learning while switching. I also enjoyed the pacing of the fights though I did hate the cut away buff animations. Why Dimps agreed to move away from that is beyond me.

And since I've rambled myself into another topic, are there any known 2d dragonball fighting games with the command style and speed of Burst Limit? I had hoped that would be Extreme Butoden but it was more clunky and closer to a Budokai games speed, though I wouldn't be mean enough to say it was as clunky and slow as Budokai. I'm not a super competitive 2d fighting fan though, so I know my opinion might differ from you guys.
No.
Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 06:39:45 pm by TravisMoehring
#173  January 25, 2016, 06:54:04 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
The last one I found actually interesting ( and ive drained a lot of inspiration from it) was Super Dbz for the ps2.
#174  February 01, 2016, 04:14:45 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
#175  February 01, 2016, 04:50:21 pm
#176  February 01, 2016, 10:07:33 pm
    • michal.mermerii@gmail.com
Guys, this may sound plain stupid but I have changed both dashes (F, F, and B, B,) to just F and B command. This way for it feels more Dragon ball and less SF/KOF to me.
And by the way congratulations on realsing Majin Build. The game is shaping up very well.
#177  February 03, 2016, 07:29:37 pm
    • USA
If I go to the Balthazar page will I be able to download the standalone updated versions of the character?
#178  February 03, 2016, 08:51:40 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
No they arent up yet. we are still doing bugfixes to correct bugs found and will change them after.
#179  February 12, 2016, 04:38:21 am
    • USA
    • zboyx8@live.com

Finally done, nothing special really. This was made for those who kinda struggle to get cool combos with Frieza. Hope this somewhat helps someone lol
#180  March 18, 2016, 03:55:52 pm
    • Brazil
    • periclesac1@gmail.com
Great Game!! Waiting for Piccolo, MBuu (and Cell).

HAve a question: I wonder why Goku has so few Super Moves and Special Moves (compared to other characters)?

Obs: Sorry for my bad english