YesNoOk

Possible Strikers System (Read 141710 times)

Started by Sean Altly, August 31, 2011, 08:49:08 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Possible Strikers System
#61  September 21, 2011, 05:30:54 am
  • Know your place Imbecile
    • Philippines
ah like Syn 's Strider?
#62  September 23, 2011, 08:48:46 pm
It's just MvC1's assist system without an assist roulette.
#63  September 30, 2011, 09:34:47 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
Hey Add Maxima and Whip as well for K's Strikers i would like to see a epic finish from his team...Just like Captain Commando's finish in Marvel Vs CAPCOM
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#64  July 07, 2012, 04:59:35 pm
  • The Yatagarasu will be coming in any moment.
Haggar is finished and Gambit got removed and replaced by Dr. Doom (for a villain role), so we have 19 characters of each group. One of the possible candidates will be joining The World side and it will be added to 20. I wonder who will be another Capcom character.

Questions:
1) Which Capcom character will be shown that will be added as 20 chars total?

2) Who will be Haggar's striker?
Titiln said:
focus more and stop thinking about things like the internet or titties

Whatever happened to sex, drugs, and Rock. Nowadays, it's whores, AIDS, and Hip-Hop.

MDD

#65  July 07, 2012, 09:11:29 pm
  • OG Pallette Goon
  • Only here for one night let me put it on ya face
Stop necroing Sean's topics for unnecessary stuff like this.
#66  July 07, 2012, 10:30:38 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Well, I haven't touched this thread in a while because it's looking like strikers won't make it in. However, I did update the main list to reflect recent roster changed and additions. To answer Enso's questions:

1. The roster is 19 and 19, so no more additions for right now.

2. Haggar's striker, if the striker system gets implemented, would be Cody or Guy, most likely Cody.

Download Last Bout now!
#67  July 07, 2012, 10:39:49 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
That would make a lot of sense to make Cody instead of guy! But as Capcom is one of the main crosses then maybe having he's rival from Slam Master, Ortega as a rival to contribute something from that series too, but that only to be consider if the striker thing is going to be implent!

and also Sean stated that he don't mind Necro-Bumping in CVTW Threads! so give Enso some slack  ;P (Read the FAQ)
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#68  July 07, 2012, 10:47:12 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
I did say that, but he does seem to be bumping unnecessarily on some of these.

Download Last Bout now!
#69  July 07, 2012, 11:19:47 pm
  • "I am all that is touched by none."
    • USA
True dat. That question didnt seem relevant from him, and im generally not one to slam. Also, cody cameo? I approve.  :2thumbsup:
#70  July 08, 2012, 09:31:02 am
Well, Sean, I didn't think it was unnecessary if I apologize, but you said you don't mind I necrobump. I just had a reason why I did. I was asking my question because I know Haggar got updated but not in this thread. Please don't think of bashing me because I necro this and it was kinda unnecessary. I would kindly ask this. I don't want to sound like I'm mean but, how was I unnecessary to post here?

Never mind. Now I know why. My bad in necrobumping some topics and made them get locked. Now I understand why. Sorry I forget. Now I realized why I necro'd unnecessarily.

Thanks for answering.
Titiln said:

Whatever happened to sex, drugs, and Rock. Nowadays, it's whores, AIDS, and Hip-Hop.
Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 09:35:05 am by Enso
#71  July 08, 2012, 09:32:29 am
Don't try to justify it. It really wasn't that serious.
#72  July 08, 2012, 09:55:24 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
@Enso

I didn't lock the Mario/Kazuya/Batsu topic because you necro'd it, I locked it because CVSNB doesn't do sprites that aren't commissions anymore and I'm not going to commission those characters, so there's no point in keeping the thread open.

Download Last Bout now!
#73  July 08, 2012, 10:27:12 am
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
If the Striker System is added in the game will there be alternate ones like the ones in KOF 2000
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#74  July 08, 2012, 06:09:14 pm
    • USA
no
#75  July 28, 2012, 11:50:36 am
I am sorry if I did necrobump unnecessarily but how did I ever do that? Tell me how I did it wrong. I would apologize. Anyway, I just wonder by posting on who would be C. Viper's striker. I wonder if it would be one of the SSF4 chars.
Titiln said:

#76  January 24, 2013, 05:30:43 am
Since the topic of strikers came back up, I figured I'd post this here.  What if you used some of those Dr. Wily sprites to make him a striker for Mega Man?  Maybe make it like MVC Jill where Wily tries to hit Mega Man, but whiffs and hit the opponent instead?  Also, any plans for the sub-boss and/or boss to get a striker?
#77  January 24, 2013, 06:14:59 am
    • USA
I'd be cool to see Kyosuke as Hinata's striker. The sprites are available and his attacks are quite flashy, especially his Raijin Upper . It could be something to compensate on Hinata's close range style
#78  January 24, 2013, 06:42:03 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
The one for Megaman makes sense, you could also use his Rush sprites, and if not him...maybe Bass or Protoman. Bass being a quick triple shot and Protoman being a shield charge/block at the same time, maybe with like 1 hit of invincibility.

For Goku depending on when he's added, aside from Vegeta you could always consider Piccolo and maybe a special beam cannon.

Koopa Troopa, I may also suggest the Paratroopa or a hammer bro, Paratroopa would simply behave as he does in the source game, hopping around, hammer bro could jump in and throw 1-3 hammers in an arc at different lengths.

Birdie - According to the SF Wiki he has a friendly rivalry with E. Honda, so they could work together, either that or Balrog

Sonic - Maybe Shadow, using Chaos Spear

Jin K.- Xiaoyu; maybe something like a chest strike to launcher kick combo

C. Viper - Seth maybe? Not sure what move specifically.
#79  January 24, 2013, 07:13:05 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Most of those are people I've already decided on strikers for though. Jin Kazama has Kazuya, Koopa Troopa has a Goomba, Sonic has Tails (also fuck Shadow, he's terrible), and Goku has Vegeta.

The only one of those I might change is Goku because I may add Vegeta at some point. Is there some sort of friendship/rivalry between Viper and Seth that would make that make sense? I said earlier in the thread that enemies are fine as long as it's a close relationship, but I don't know all that much about SFIV's actual story. Also, Birdie's Striker would likely be Balrog, Eagle, or Titanic Tim (from Slam Masters).

Download Last Bout now!
#80  January 24, 2013, 08:10:36 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
I was only thinking Shadow because I wasn't sure what Tails would actually do lol. I'm assuming all that the Goomba does is walk towards the opponent. Viper was working for SIN as a double agent of sorts I believe, which is the organization Seth controls in SFIV, as far as enemies, Chun-Li and Cammy would be there.

Also I completely forgot Birdie was from SF1 also, so technically we have 3 SF1 characters and 1 from the Alpha games, which means as far as strikers go, you could even give him Mike Bison instead of Balrog.