YesNoOk

the tournament tracking thread ~2016 edition~ (Read 507350 times)

Started by c001357, January 27, 2011, 06:28:26 am
Share this topic:
Re: the tournament tracking thread (NEC XV)
#921  January 25, 2015, 01:46:53 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
On a more important note, Frosty Faustings is happening, one of my friends made it to 9th place in Xrd, top 8 starts at 10.
Top 18 was so good.
#922  January 25, 2015, 01:51:52 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
I'm out. Lost to eric warda 3-2. Down to magic pixel health vs his vergil!! Very close we both thought I had it lol but he chipped me out
#923  January 30, 2015, 04:46:56 pm
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
#924  January 30, 2015, 05:46:03 pm
http://shoryuken.com/2015/01/30/what-we-know-about-apex-2015s-delay/

According to SmashBoards, the Apex 2015 ballrooms were deemed unfit for occupancy after inspections by fire marshals, who originally arrived on the scene due to a pulled fire alarm. Community Effort Orlando organizer Alex Jebailey, updating from the event itself, said that one of the halls partially collapsed during the recent flurry of storms that hit the northeastern regions.

While at first it appeared as if only the room housing Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. Brawl, along with more traditional fighting game titles, would be closed, the Apex organizers have announced that authorities have placed the entire event on hold due to worries about the structural integrity of the tournament’s entire venue.

No one was hurt.

Hotel staff said the venue was safe, some of them are being arrested for this. I wouldn't exactly call this a safe envionment.
#925  January 30, 2015, 08:52:26 pm
  • SNK is life
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/30/apex-2015-smash-bros-tournament-resumes-after-short-delay

Apex 2015 had to change venue due to safety concerns Friday. The event had been put on hold by fire marshals due to structural damage caused by a recent storm.

Sorry competitors, the fire marshals have put a hold on the tournament. We are having an emergency meeting and will keep every1 updated.
    — Team Apex (@apex_series) January 30, 2015

A fire alarm was pulled this morning, and the venue had to be evacuated. When the fire marshals arrived, they shut down the entire place. "One of the ballrooms had a part of it collapse during the storm, fire marshals are here possibly not deeming it safe," wrote Alex Jebailey, creator of CEO Gaming, on Twitter.

The organisers quickly found a new location and the tournament has resumed after a short delay.

The venue for #APEX has changed! The new venue is: 50 Atrium Dr, Somerset New Jersey! Come hang out with us!
    — ScrewAttack (@ScrewAttack) January 30, 2015

#926  February 01, 2015, 05:14:30 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
Gooodaammn apex has been so hype so far!!. Fgc needs an esports announcer like the on at apex lol that's pretty cool.
Re: the tournament tracking thread (Apex 2015)
#927  February 02, 2015, 03:08:35 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Buz Olimar takes out M2K Diddy!!  Smash 4 Top 8 is exciting now.

SNT

#928  February 07, 2015, 06:36:54 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
http://www.twitch.tv/shadowloohq

Shadowloo Showdown 6 finals are due to start in about eleven, twelve hours.

Ultra SF4 Top 16
Winners: Momochi, Eita, Sako, Gackt, Kazunoko, Gachikun, Reiketsu, Dogura
Losers: Heavy Weapons, Brodsta, Toxy, Poongko, Gonzales, Somniac, Lingo, KBrad

Marvel Top 8
Winners: Kazunoko, KBrad, Eita, Baxter
Losers: Burnout, SolidStef, Bun, Somniac
Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 12:23:33 pm by SNT
#929  February 18, 2015, 04:52:26 pm
    • Peru
#930  February 18, 2015, 05:22:52 pm
They did say that they'll let players borrow sticks; it'll help but only so much.

I'm not sure where this is a sound decision either, pretty evident that it's a financial thing.
#931  February 18, 2015, 05:32:02 pm
  • SNK is life
There's that whole other thing about how most of the important matches are played in the ULTRA boring Training Stage due to possible slowdowns. Maybe using the superior hardware can help to minimize or remove that limitation completely.

It's not all that bad, just a get a PS4 stick, you know you were going to anyway.
#932  February 18, 2015, 05:45:37 pm
    • Peru
The problem is, right now the PS4 sticks are scarse and expensive. Plus, there's a lot of people playing more than one game; In the previous generation the problem of having multiple platforms was solved with dual modding, but as of now there is no "standard" way to get 3 or 4 consoles supported in one arcade stick...

Borrowing arcade sticks is nice, but I think controllers are a really personal thing; some people like to have octogates, other people put a circular gate, some people like seimitsu insted of sanwa an so on.
#933  March 19, 2015, 09:35:24 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
Don't forget folks, finald round is this weekend!! Now plz excuse me for I have to endure this 12 car ride to atlanta -_-
#934  March 19, 2015, 05:27:22 pm
  • SNK is life
Any of you guys noticed the MONSTER vs REDBULL Twitter quarrel over Momochi? It was funny.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 05:52:07 pm by Walta
Re: the tournament tracking thread (Final Round 18)
#935  March 20, 2015, 05:06:36 pm
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
#936  March 20, 2015, 11:46:40 pm
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
Yea me and destin there
#937  March 21, 2015, 01:16:14 am
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
Damn Filipno Man ran a train against all the New York Players.
#938  March 21, 2015, 07:23:10 am
  • Never give up
Made it to the tournament and the first person that walked past me in the street fighter room was Daigo. I came too late and missed my chance to play him.

Yeah, Filipinoman got hype after his wins, yelled "Fuck R Kappa", and jumped around. He said he popped off because the people at R kappa always talk trash about him.

I was more impressed with Velociraptor. That Gouken counter into super was hype to see each time he did it.
#939  March 21, 2015, 11:37:04 pm
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
I'm out lost in lf against green ace..yo my pool was so stacked with killers I'm so happy I got all the way to losers finals. So I'm not that salty as I normally am when I lose. I elminated wero (one of mexicans best) so take that walt!!
#940  March 22, 2015, 09:31:35 pm
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
to noones surprise fchamp wins marvel

everyone tried