YesNoOk

N00BSaibot718 - Custom Noob Saibot WIP POLL UPDATE (Read 132246 times)

Started by Odb718, July 21, 2016, 12:51:24 pm
Share this topic:

Poll

Should N00b's clones be restricted??

Should I limit the problem clone to be used 1x until P2 hits the ground?
Should I limit ALL the different clones being used 1x per combo?
Should you be allowed to use only one clone 1x per combo?
Should I allow any clone to be used more than 1x after a timer?
Should I allow all of the clones to be reused instantly no matter what happens?
Re: N00BSaibot718 - Custom Noob Saibot WIP POLL UPDATE
#41  January 04, 2018, 03:51:07 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Something I just thought of while reading that, but how about something like Noob launching a shadow ball at the opponent and that causes two portals above and below and have them keep falling, then after a few loops of them falling, Saibot either does the teleport punch into the opponent as their falling, or he throws the opponent into Noob and Noob launches them with a shadow uppercut.
To add to this idea... perhaps Noob can trigger it to pop the portals, in addition to it happening automatically on movehit.

#42  January 08, 2018, 04:37:02 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Another kind of basic idea, but you could have Noob and Saibot kind of sandwich the opponent and do a kind of combo attack with the both of them on the opposite side, then jump back and both of them launch some kind of super shadow ball at the opponent after?
This kinda works with Trololo's idea. I may have to keep thinking on this. I have the Brutality already. Having multiple auto-combo ultras just doesn't seem ULTRA enough, but adding the ghost ball at the end, or just doing a double to begin with may work.

Posting to say, I have the 10 portal ultra working pretty much how I like it. It's changed a ton from when I started. So much so I started to confuse myself on all the parts and how to get it all coded up. All of the timings changed dozens and dozens of times. N00b's timing messed up the portal, the portal mess up P2, P2 couldn't be read by P1 because it wasn't the target.
So good news and bad news. I've made a video... and remembered to check it before porting to youtube because I  did it on the laptop and the laptop sucks at recording mugen. I'll dump it over to the desktop Todarrow some time.
I'm not exactly sure if it's perfect but it's pretty good.

@Trololo: I may end up using that first fatality as a bonus. If the situation is right ;)
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#43  January 09, 2018, 10:43:47 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
The video is up.

Watching it on youtube, I kinda like it more. I'm not sure if it needs a sound when P2 falls in or not. Even the sounds from the portals popping is out and it's still not lacking. Having all the popping sounds was causing issues so I took them out.
#44  January 09, 2018, 03:49:50 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Suggestions:

I think P2 gets a little too much time to react / make the portals fall faster.

I think his arm gesture should synchronize with the portals falling down.  So he should turn his arms downwards a full second or more sooner.

I think there should be at least a subtle EnvShake throughout, which should build up a bit stronger than you have it.
The intense graphics feel out of place without rumbling, especially that effect in the sky.

After someone falls into the portal, I think it needs one of those wonky bass heavy buildup sounds you hear constantly in movies like Transformers and every other recent sci-fi action movie.  It might take some searching around to find something like that... but I imagine it would be a perfect fit.

Instead of P2 instantly vanishing maybe apply a very quick transparency fadeout, and PalFX.

I also recommend using a front/back shockwave effect.  They look so much nicer that way, instead of the back part of the wave being drawn on top of the player.

#45  January 10, 2018, 04:47:11 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I think this move is going to have to be considered a throw type ultra. I dont disagree that P2 gets a ton of time to react, but there's no blocking them. You have to avoid them. I think when people play as N00b they'll learn to trap with it. If I know you've double jumped, I can throw it out and get you easy. That and the fact it basically covers 2 screens wide makes me think it should be very handicapped. I do imagine him getting his head blown off by more than a few air ultras.  I still haven't played against my friends with this update yet. If they can avoid it 100% yeah it's gonna need juice. But I think It'll work as a Zangief-esque wait for P2 to land in front of you ultra throws. I'll have to see.

The "Arms down" is actually because he caught P2 with the Ultra. I still haven't come up with a delay for the miss. If you watch the video the first 3 or 4 are falling down before the 10th one has been launched up. I cant really get his arms down until they're all launched. aaaand now that I'm watching the video I see it's hard as heck to see on youtube. harder to hit pause at the exact right time... https://i.imgur.com/BlObDhe.png

I think the hits getting a screen shake would work. Right now the ultra doesnt have IMPACT at all. The Rumble to Spit out rumble may get tweaked a bit. I've set up a little system based on time to give it a smoother build up. I think a couple values could get a larger +.
I know my laptop sucks on sound. The desktop is much better. But there is a very low rumble right before P2 gets spit out. It sounds great in the living room but not so great when I'm dev'ing. I'll have to poke around. I made that sound and figuring out how to get it to END when P2 STARTS to get spit out was kinda rough lol.
The background is standard for the 3 other ninjas without the rumbles n sound FX. I want N00b to follow suit. (PUN INTENDED)

I _think_ I may be able to finagle a shrink down effect. I've messed around with grabbing P2's sprites for an Explod for P1. IDK if I can get a modifyexplod to work also.
Maybe if I turn P2 solid black, then a fast fade out?  Like a ghost effect? The shadow will still kinda be standing there. The regular move doesn't have the effect for it either. I think the Black shadow to fade out, while P2 is falling would look good for the super. Probably going to work on that now.

The shockwave? The purple ring at his feet on get hit? I dont think it ever goes in front of his toes.

I'm going to have to test the crap out of this ultra. If P1 gets hit right as P2 gets hit....

HHmmm. just had a dangerous thought.. What if I took Yun&Yang style coding and made a 5 second ultra where you got to control both of them??
#46  January 10, 2018, 08:00:48 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
If P2 is in a custom state it's easy to do the fade effect... either do a custom anim with decreasing trans values, or use a Trans controller with Time factored into the alpha parameter.  Like: alpha=256-(Time*20),0

So he brings his hands down if the opponent gets hit... try doing it on the same tick as the first portal spawns? I have a good feeling about it :)

The enemy's ground bounce shockwave is drawn on top.  This might be the accepted standard, but I don't like it
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

If you get hit right when it starts you could detect that from the custom state, and have it do something different maybe.

#47  January 11, 2018, 06:49:47 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I've made a little video showing off the effect I came up with for the Black Hole.

I've removed the shadow from... the shadow...
Not sure if I like it better or worse. The HitSpark definitely has to change positions. If the black hole lands behind P2, and barely catches their foot, the hitspark can be VERY far away. The standard positioning method will have to get switched around.

The effect is made using only addition in the animation. For some reason I cant get PalFX to work for the clone.

Any and all feedback is welcomed!
#48  January 11, 2018, 07:13:04 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
It looks nice, pal. But I think that such purple color for teleport-hole is wrong. Isn't it supposed to be somewhere like dark-blue?
#49  January 12, 2018, 12:51:38 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
nothing some editing can't change
#50  March 14, 2018, 02:10:38 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Right now pretty much all of the colors you see are temporary. I've spent a lot of time editing the FX I have to use as few palettes as possible. Swapping over from one to another color shouldn't be hard at all.

I've had some major troubles with an Ultra I've been working on. After making it from the ground up 3 times I finally got it working. Everything is really spoofed in it. I'm not sure how well it's going to act in 2v2. I'll have to test that soon. It still needs some FX. Mainly a smoke/steam effect coming off of P2 when they're launched out of the Hell Hole.
I'm on the laptop and recording video sucks so no clip of it yet.
Right now Noob has 3 Ultras and 1 is just not that great.

I still really need the FX for all of his clone melt animations. Searching for FX for the Ultra I cam across Dragon Claw's body explosion animation. Something like that would work fine. I have no clue how to make FX like that though.
Spoiler: Something like this. (click to see content)
A little less Explosive and more watery would be ideal. Anyone know how to make FX??

----
So like I imagined it has a ton of problems in 2v2. One of them is game breaking. So that HAS to get fixed. It happens when P2 is hit by a black hole and P4 lands on a second one. This is going to be hard to test for.
Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 10:11:24 pm by Odb718
#51  March 15, 2018, 04:18:25 am
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
So like I imagined it has a ton of problems in 2v2. One of them is game breaking. So that HAS to get fixed. It happens when P2 is hit by a black hole and P4 lands on a second one. This is going to be hard to test for.
Maybe you can start the state with a check to see if a partner is already in it?
And perhaps you could then also have a check in the end of the state to see if a partner was also captured, and trigger some special ending like waiting for p4 to "catch up" before smashing them both together or something?

#52  March 20, 2018, 11:30:17 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I've been editing Noob some more. Playing as him, I can't help but having only 1 air special leaves him lacking. So I've added an Air disabler fireball. I've added animations that would allow me to do a downward air fireball, and an upward fireball. Like Sub Zero has.
I'm just wondering if they'll be TOO cheap.
I've already created a spam-state for the air fireball like how I have it for the ground version. If P2 is already hit and P1 throws another disabler, Noob gets put in an animation that does nothing.

I'm trying to figure out some more air moves for him. Any suggestions?
#53  March 21, 2018, 05:59:57 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
I'd say you could have Smoke come out as a temporary helper if you had the coding knowledge to pull it off. I've seen some characters that have that function. Smoke would come out and fight temporarily at your side and vanish away after a set amount of time.

Noob's Ghost ball should temporarily disable blocking for your opponent.

As far as hyper attacks go Mortal Kombat characters are a bit more difficult to work with since they've never truly had hyper attacks before now. BUT I can give you this....perhaps you could go the Morrigan route. Her ability to create a mirror image of herself would translate pretty well to Noob seeing as he pretty much does the same thing. That said you might have to disable his clone attacks until the Noob copy vanishes.

#54  March 21, 2018, 07:02:04 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I've got the ghost ball working properly. I added/duplicated all the hitdefs and if a var was active, aka the disabler hit, the hitdef is unblockable.  I think if you could do an air-downward disabler, you could come down on an opponent that can't guard. It might become waaaay too cheap. Same with the ground to up. Hit them while they're in the air, and by the time they've landed you've got an ultra going.

I've done my Yun&Yang. I may consider this. It's a TON of work though. It's almost like building a second character. With Yun&Yang it wasn't so bad because the other character already existed.  The lack of specials would also make it not be so great. Maybe a cross up of the X-Ray combo and just a bunch of Smoke attacks.

I'm thinking once I get some money saved I might try to commission Sean Altly to do about 10 sprites. 5 or 6 would be for the dizzy state. I tried my hand at it and  :-X
One dizzy anim for noob = 4 dizzy states for noob, ermac, sub zero, & scorpion. So it'd be worth it.

Maybe a few where Noob takes a knee and throws a star with his right hand, then his left, then back to the right. Could be the 30 shuriken ultra/fatality.

How this.
Noob calls Smoke. Smoke appears behind P2 and basic punches him in the back.
Noob Uppercuts P2
Smoke Up Kicks P2 while he's in the air
Noob tele-slam catches P2 in the air and comes down with the slam
Smoke sub-zero slides P2 after the bounce
?
#55  April 10, 2018, 11:48:50 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I've put in a ton of work for N00b Siabot's specials and ultra. It's mainly FX. In the video the crappy FX are still in the Up Kick. The new "blood" fx will have it's color changed to be a brown/mud or black. Not sure yet. But the blood is a bit off for me. The intro FX took a good while. The Ghost Shot/Disabler fx, and the teleport have gotten better fx now.

I forget to not use N00b as P2 because you can't see him during the ultra. Which needs a tiny bit of recoloring on that flame effect. I'm planning on doing that when I pick the final FX color range. The purple looks good to me, but I think Rain uses purple or something? I'd think N00b would be purple and rain would be blue, but idk.
#56  April 10, 2018, 11:57:23 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
the ghostball effect on player 2 looks cool. the teleslam needs work but the bones are there.
#57  April 10, 2018, 05:33:12 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
The ghost ball and teleport attack look really good and smooth.  The ghost ball dipping and swirling in front of and behind the enemy is very well done!

Blocked Ghost ball could be improved - maybe just make the smoke fade effect keep moving forward instead of being stationary.

#58  April 12, 2018, 01:17:45 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Yeah, I took your advice and hooked the ghost ball block animation up a bit more. I made it monochrome, scaled it up a bit, and divided it's velocity by 4. Looks a lot better now that it keeps going a bit. That and each L,M,F attacks all move at a different speed kinda help too.
#59  April 14, 2018, 06:29:38 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
if you go into your animation file in Fighter factory you should be able to set the transparency to alpha for the clone's animation so it can appear completely black like you want it to be. Same goes for the vanishing animation right after. Also Noob bends backwards during the upward clone kick.
#60  April 14, 2018, 09:06:49 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
The clone has it's own palette. It'll actually look like the P2 Noob and possibly a few other palettes. I've got a "negative" looking one that seems pretty cool. I do like the idea of messing with it like I do P2 in the tele-hole. Maybe the first few frames when he splits/comes in. Like a reverse fade-in. 

I'd love to be able to mimic MK9's animations for each move. I'm just not good enough to make all the custom sprites I want. In MK9 he kinda bends and touches his right knee/foot. The clone does the opposite and spins backwards and up into the kick pose. I'd have to make ALL of those sprites... or pay @Sean Altly: ....

We shall see.