YesNoOk

The Donald Trump Political MAGAthread: Justice for Floyd edition (Read 651229 times)

Started by Ricepigeon, March 22, 2017, 08:42:19 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The Donald Trump Primetime Political MAGAthread: Police Brutality Plz edition
#261  July 30, 2017, 04:39:54 am
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
that's not a real ben garrison cartoon, where's all the labels
Re: The Donald Trump Primetime Political MAGAthread: YOURE FIRED... again edition
#262  July 31, 2017, 09:06:29 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
Re: The Donald Trump Primetime Political MAGAthread: YOURE FIRED... AGAIN edition
#263  July 31, 2017, 09:14:11 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Never a dull news day.
Re: The Donald Trump Primetime Political MAGAthread: YOURE FIRED... AGAIN edition
#264  July 31, 2017, 09:20:45 pm
I honestly don't think we've gone a week without white house dramatics on a day to day basis since January.
#265  August 01, 2017, 05:32:16 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
yeah, this topic started as sort of a joke because of how often we would get weird trump related news.
Re: The Donald Trump Primetime Political MAGAthread: Repeat After Me edition
#266  August 01, 2017, 05:48:32 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
Re: The Donald Trump Primetime Political MAGAthread: Repeat After Me edition
#267  August 01, 2017, 09:44:03 am
Uh. People still defending him say none of this is directly tied to him personally (well, when they're not outright denying everything) but now there's a direct involvement from him.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Re: [NEWS] Donald Trump Primetime Political MAGAthread: Repeat After Me edition
#268  August 16, 2017, 01:40:35 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Re: [NEWS] Donald Trump Primetime Political MAGAthread: Gimme ur IP address edition
#269  August 17, 2017, 12:12:01 am
fyi the news tag in the thread title looks stupid

For every CEO that drops out of the Manufacturing Council, I have many to take their place. Grandstanders should not have gone on. JOBS!
alright!
Rather than putting pressure on the businesspeople of the Manufacturing Council & Strategy & Policy Forum, I am ending both. Thank you all!
oh
Re: The Donald Trump Primetime Political MAGAthread: Gimme ur IP address edition
#270  August 17, 2017, 02:41:47 pm
This follows the Charlottesville incident but it's more Trump-related so I'n posting it here
Lol, Trump has a lawyer named Michael Cohen, son of a holocaust survivor, who decided to distance himself from all racism accusation by riccochet, by posting a bunch of selfies with Black people on Twitter. Okay. Good luck man.

Edit
Oh look, Trump just tweeted that it was sad that History and culture were ripped apart with the removal of the statues.
Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 04:43:28 pm by Byakko
Re: The Donald Trump Primetime Political MAGAthread: Gimme ur IP address edition
#271  August 18, 2017, 07:50:54 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
To be fair, in America, most kids here grow up thinking that General Lee was actually anti-slavery but chose to fight for the South due to familial and friend loyalties. So if you never advanced beyond elementary-level American History, Lee is a good guy and it's sad that his statue is getting torn down.
#272  August 18, 2017, 09:09:25 am
And at what age were they taught it was good to do the Nazi salute while chanting "Jews will not replace us" ?
#273  August 18, 2017, 02:05:54 pm
they're just statues but still wrongly put or not they are government property so they still have to answer for it.

there are statues of general joseph wheeler and henry ware lawton being praised as two of the greatest general of USA history, but in truth they committed genocide and killing thousands of unnamed civilians and children age 11-up just to lure the philippine army to go down south and stop using guerrilla tactics. you don't see anyone clamoring to tear their statues down. if they want it remove they could petition for it get historical facts investigate and get people to notice it. not that hard the confederate flag is now banned from all US government buildings, and in some states they even remove the ten commandments (which is good cause the ten commandments is fake as fuck anyway)
#274  August 18, 2017, 02:22:38 pm
Actually, some of the mayors have begun reviewing their monuments. I think it's in New York, there's a plaque on the ground in a famous boulevard in Marshall Petain's name as well as a French minister who did stuff for for Israel, put there after WW1 where he was a war hero and not removed after he gave the French government to the Nazis, and both those plaques are now getting removed after this whole statue issue. I don't know how many mayors will dive in these kinds of records and who will know their History well enough to find the things you said, but there's hope. Other governments could even take the opportunity to speak up against some monuments, if this gains enough momentum.
Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 02:30:15 pm by Byakko
#275  August 18, 2017, 03:55:08 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
To be fair, in America, most kids here grow up thinking that General Lee was actually anti-slavery but chose to fight for the South due to familial and friend loyalties. So if you never advanced beyond elementary-level American History, Lee is a good guy and it's sad that his statue is getting torn down.
The cool thing about Lee is that he was actually against the whole "the south will raise again" mentality and his own hero worshipping after the civil war, believing southern people should move the fuck on.

By the way, some Lincoln monuments (including the Lincoln memorial) are getting defaced.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Abe-Lincoln-Statue-Burned-on-Chicagos-South-Side-440897443.html

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/15/lincoln-memorial-defaced-with-explicit-graffiti.amp.html

Logic would suggest this is retaliation for removing confederate statues, but even Abe isn't woke enough for today's youth:

#276  August 18, 2017, 04:18:50 pm
Lipservice, everyone knows Lincoln was a negro lover.

Somewhat related, but another thing is that the rural parts of America report news differently from the city and its surrounding communities. While the MSM was blasting Trump for his both sides comment (which wasn't entirely wrong, Antifa is indeed militant and look up to the likes of Stalin and Mao), the less popular rural media emphasized a different part of his statement (We ALL must be united & condemn all that hate stands for) that was largely ignored by everyone else.

Not that criticism isn't warranted, not calling out the car attack in particular was nothing short of unacceptable. Case of it's easier to hate nazis than commies, understandably so.
#277  August 18, 2017, 04:36:37 pm
It's the script. The "violence on all sides" was off script, the Monday condemning of neo nazis was strictly scripted, then the Tuesday "all sides" was him reiterating what he really thought, everyone that was there commented that he looked proud and liberated from a weight after that.

Underlining this "all united" line is like pointing out that the Monday speech specifically condemned neo nazis. It's blaringly obvious which parts were his true feelings. No one cares about that line because we know it wasn't him speaking, just like the tweet being actually kind to Barcelona after the attack (clearly not written by him), only to bring up his favorite fake Pershing urban myth an hour later.
Re: The Donald Trump Primetime Political MAGAthread: Genocide Is Good edition
#278  August 18, 2017, 04:45:02 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
Context to what Byakko stated about the Pershing story.

Basically tldr; Trump used a historically inaccurate anecdote about a military general during the US occupation of the Philippines as justification to use genocide to fight terrorism.
Re: The Donald Trump Primetime Political MAGAthread: Genocide Is Good edition
#279  August 18, 2017, 04:48:14 pm
Oh yea, and he even changed that story. When he used it during the campaign, he said there was no terror attacks for 25 years. And in this tweet, he upped it to 35. This is so ridiculous.
#280  August 18, 2017, 04:48:42 pm
lol

Underlining this "all united" line is like pointing out that the Monday speech specifically condemned neo nazis. It's blaringly obvious which parts were his true feelings.

That's why their media isn't as popular. :P

But for the misinformed, it's easier to defend him when your own media and education are pacifying Southeastern/rural culture and what they stood for. Also explains why people from those areas consider city folk to be miseducated.