YesNoOk

IKEMEN Disscussion Thread (Read 660973 times)

Started by 2Dee4ever, July 01, 2015, 09:10:17 pm
Share this topic:
Re: IKEMEN Disscussion Thread
#121  February 15, 2016, 04:42:58 pm
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico
How would I get Ikeman to run smooth?

It's really not a "powerhouse" program that you need alienware to run... It usually runs smooth on computers that didn't come out around 2003. But a better answer to this question without sounding like an ass (sorry if I did, I just thought it was funny) would be the following:

1) Like what Ash said above, if you have a lot of background applications (aka, if you're still running a lot of programs while playing IKEMEN), its best to shut them off if you're not using them.

2) Check your PC. Vanilla IKEMEN isn't a big program, so plenty of computers should play it without frame issues. However, it's always best to check your PC specs and just the PC in general (like maybe your PC is old and the parts aren't that great, or something is slowing it down and you should clean it).

3) If it's online we are talking about, you should check the following:

a) make sure you're not running things that use a lot of your internet. this is something not just for IKEMEN, but online gaming in general.
b) some programs play matches matches better than others (like Evolve plays better than hamachi for some, and vice versa for others). Just experiment with programs and/r port forwarding.
c) make sure you and your opponent have decent connection. it all varies, some connections are better than others...

Hope this helps... If you have any other questions with IKEMEN, please don't be shy, feel free to ask them and we can do the best possible to help ya. Whether it's still this question or another, feel free to ask... Thank you...

#122  February 15, 2016, 06:18:29 pm
  • Cowboys just didn't get Motown
    • USA
Yeah that helps. thanks man. I don't think my Laptop isn't all that great anyway
#123  February 16, 2016, 02:28:33 am
    • Puerto Rico
Yeah that helps. thanks man. I don't think my Laptop isn't all that great anyway

What kind is it? It shouldn't be THAT bad... What are you trying to run btw? Regular (vanilla) IKEMEN? Revival? Capcom vs SNK Universe?
#124  February 16, 2016, 03:54:39 am
  • Cowboys just didn't get Motown
    • USA
I downloaded Rei's Capcom Vs. SNK Universe. I run

Processor AMD E1-1200 APU with Redeon 1.40 GHz
Ram 4.00
64-bit operating system
AMD Radeon HD 7310 Graphics
GB 297
#125  February 16, 2016, 04:56:47 am
    • Puerto Rico
I downloaded Rei's Capcom Vs. SNK Universe. I run

Processor AMD E1-1200 APU with Redeon 1.40 GHz
Ram 4.00
64-bit operating system
AMD Radeon HD 7310 Graphics
GB 297

That shouldn't have an issue with IKEMEN... If you already did what Ash posted to you earlier

ssz>config.ssz>scroll down and change OpenGL = True to False.

Then that should make less lag... If anything, it could be a PC thing, but don't let this discourage you with IKEMEN in general, it could just be the game specifically and your PC,and not IKEMEN in general, but I could be wrong...
#126  February 16, 2016, 03:47:28 pm
    • USA
Hiya Everyone! I had a request from a couple people including Rei to make a topic on where CVS-U online matches are happening. Let me be the one to give you all the link to this thread here: http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/how-do-you-even-evolve-capcom-vs-snk-universe-172263.0.html It's a little tutorial for those who don't know their way through the Evolve Client. All questions you guys and gals may have will be answered there for those who are interested!

Spread the word. I'll be checking that thread very frequently so there should be no worries about joining too late!
#127  April 23, 2016, 02:34:35 am
    • Puerto Rico
Quick update on the engine and news and shit:

I forgot about posting this here (thanks college), but I almost forgot something swag! I got in contact with a higher up with IKEMEN (NotFound, a IKEMEN Tester/Bug Reporter), and we had a good time talking about the engine and some cool stuff made for it (surprisingly enough, they have heard of my work with NETMugen TE Revival and loved it, especially the tag patch). So, soon enough, I'm going to cover some quick things he showed me with IKEMEN and some pretty sick ass creations from other "higher ups" from the Japanese side of the IKEMEN community. So hold on to your butts, cause this engine just surprises me with some of the extra shit it can do..

#128  July 09, 2016, 05:54:43 pm
    • USA
So did you ever discuss this yet? Or nah? What else has been discovered, I'm trying to save time researching.
#129  July 10, 2016, 02:11:59 am
    • Puerto Rico
So did you ever discuss this yet? Or nah? What else has been discovered, I'm trying to save time researching.

I was working with it, trying to create different ways and methods from mimikuso's work and the stuff NotFound sent me. I think I have enough info and stuff (thanks to tinkering it and re-creating some of the swag stuff they did on my REVival 2 project). I'll be sure to make a vid on it soon. Just wanted to perfect both their and my own methods.

lui

#130  July 10, 2016, 02:17:43 am
    • USA
#131  July 10, 2016, 02:24:31 am
    • Puerto Rico

lui

#132  July 10, 2016, 02:31:24 am
    • USA
A pretty shitty budget pc where it can run 1.1 fine but not 1.0 or ikemen past 25fps lol
#133  July 10, 2016, 02:35:51 am
    • Puerto Rico
A pretty shitty budget pc where it can run 1.1 fine but not 1.0 or ikemen past 25fps lol

You might be a special case. You might need to try OpenGL. Either that, or you haven't turned OpenGL off.

lui

#134  July 10, 2016, 02:52:26 am
    • USA
you can't turn opengl off easily can you? ive never heard of that since opengl is an essential part of pc's
#135  July 10, 2016, 04:33:57 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
He is talking about OpenGL's option on IKEMEN, lol.

You need to go to config.ssz, scroll down and change opengl true to false.
Lasagna
#136  July 10, 2016, 06:30:26 pm
    • Puerto Rico
#137  September 09, 2016, 12:50:50 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
How different is character development in this compared to MUGEN? Pros, cons, differences in coding in general?
#138  September 09, 2016, 12:53:35 am
    • Puerto Rico
How different is character development in this compared to MUGEN? Pros, cons, differences in coding in general?

It all depends, really... Some can be perfect fit, others might need work arounds. It's all the same (using Fighter Factory), but there are a few cases where IKEMEN needs some special things to their chars (like that one 3v3 tag code Mimikuso made which is pretty sick, or like I stated above, when fixing a certain glitch from a char that isn't present in normal mugen). What REALLY makes IKEMEN unique is the coding on the engine itself (which is open source). But for the most part, character coding is the same.
#139  September 09, 2016, 12:57:28 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I don't care about tag or multi player. But the online interests me and I'm considering if this may be a good platform to build my game on. Preferably both platforms but I'm learning Mugen and don't really want to learn 2 totally different engines. So it's pretty much a Mugen clone with all the SCTRLs, triggers, and cns?
#140  September 09, 2016, 12:58:42 am
    • Puerto Rico
Yes... but it also has more capabilities if you know how to add shit to the code (and with some lua and C++/C Basic knowledge), making games more fleshed out and unique and shit, but thats on the engine itself. Character coding is the same.