YesNoOk

Def Jam: Fight for NY Lifebars (Read 12791 times)

Started by Urrnge, March 22, 2015, 03:03:26 am
Share this topic:
Def Jam: Fight for NY Lifebars
New #1  March 22, 2015, 03:03:26 am
    • USA
So yeah, these are Def Jam Fight for New York lifebars. These are also the first lifebars I ever made, so hopefully you all will enjoy them. I mainly used the lifebar tutorial from Ryon to make these. These are 1.1 only for 1280x720 Mugen.

I'm also in the process of making a Def Jam Fight for New York screenpack and have a pretty good idea of what I want to do. Putting my ideas into action? Yeah that's gonna be a tough one. I originally was just gonna do the lifebars, but I wanna try making a screenpack too.

So yeah, let me know what you all think of them and tell me what I left out and how I could improve them.

Download.

EDIT: Now the power bars have a counter so you know what level you're at. I tried to do a blazin effect, but unfortunately I couldn't do it. I'm not fancy enough I guess.
Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 02:14:21 am by Urrnge
Re: Def Jam: Fight for NY Lifebars
#2  March 22, 2015, 01:06:53 pm
    • Germany
It looks good. I would download them if I had a 1280 x 720 Screenpack. I can imagine how a Screenpack would look like so go for it.
#3  March 22, 2015, 05:57:02 pm
  • commissions open bang my line
    • USA
    • https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/xtayisblackx?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US
haha tight! I was just playing this yesterday. I didn't get to see if when the special bar is full, but did you add the "blazin'" thingy there? or at least flashing? and I would recommend putting a super lvl counter beside the special bar (I know the source doesn't have one) but it would be easy to put one and make it look right IMO. if there's at least a counter added these will become my permanent lifebars for sure.
My stages folder:
https://app.mediafire.com/g5pnpb2im4lqa

Want a screenpack ported to ikemen? DM's open
Want a stage remade with parallax & possible super jump? DM's open
#4  March 22, 2015, 06:03:53 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Nice, not sure if they have this function as I didn't see it, (let alone if it's possible) but when they fill can they make the sound effect from when you activate your Blazin moves?, or change to the flames? Either way, solid job man, really good stuff.
#5  March 24, 2015, 12:11:47 am
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
These look great!
This needs more attention than it's getting. Good job for your first set of lifebars.
#6  March 24, 2015, 06:27:04 am
    • USA
Well I just added a counter for the power bar since I forgot to put one on the first time. I tried to do the blazin' flames thing, but I couldn't really get it.  Making animated fire is a lot harder than I thought it would be...
#7  March 24, 2015, 07:58:28 am
  • Nori
    • somecomputersomewhere@yahoo.com
I like how they're relatively subtle and don't take up an enormous amount of space.  They give the level and characters space to breathe.  I think they're look great the way they are, minus the fire but that's just me and the way I'm imagining it.  Nice job.
#8  March 24, 2015, 10:25:46 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Hmm...maybe just do a simple colour change/sound if that's possible then? Either way no big deal, they're still very good.