YesNoOk

Lose KO Problem in Simul Mode (Read 4260 times)

Started by Mr. Giang, February 21, 2018, 10:34:07 am
Share this topic:
Re: Lose KO Problem in Simul Mode
#21  February 25, 2018, 11:48:10 am
  • The Illusionary Wanderer
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
When debugging, it's good to first identify the problem.

Make drastic changes to figure out exactly what is causing the problem.

If this simple version results in the same problem, then you know some other code is causing the issue.

If this works, you know that the other triggers were the problem and that they need to be adjusted.

Got it. But now, with the code above, things became even worse (the effect still plays after P3 gets KO and it doesn't end, as well as playing after P1 gets KO while P3 still lives).

You ever try my suggestion? If you want it to only happen when
your character gets ko try adding similar triggers like a custom
char vs char intro is coded.

Look at a char that has a specific intro against another and copy
the trigger that has the char names, replace those names with
your chars names and it should only trigger when your char is KO'd.

I tried it but the problem still persists.
#22  February 25, 2018, 04:19:17 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Is P3 the same character?  "!alive" does not trigger when a partner dies, so there must be another Helper controller hiding in your code (?)   What happens if you delete these 2 controllers entirely? Lol

To solve the persistence:
I notice that each helper has a different ID.  I take it you want each one to play one time.
For each helper, change the "!numhelper(***)" so it matches its own ID.  Stateno can stay the same.
if the helper state has a Destroyself controller, remove it, so the helper remains and can't trigger again.  You may need to add a blank animelem to the effect(s) with Time -1 so the anim will only play once as well.

Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 04:25:24 pm by altoiddealer
New #23  February 25, 2018, 04:47:56 pm
  • The Illusionary Wanderer
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Is P3 the same character?  "!alive" does not trigger when a partner dies, so there must be another Helper controller hiding in your code (?)   What happens if you delete these 2 controllers entirely? Lol

To solve the persistence:
I notice that each helper has a different ID.  I take it you want each one to play one time.
For each helper, change the "!numhelper(***)" so it matches its own ID.  Stateno can stay the same.
if the helper state has a Destroyself controller, remove it, so the helper remains and can't trigger again.  You may need to add a blank animelem to the effect(s) with Time -1 so the anim will only play once as well.

Nope, P3 is a different character. And I have changed "!numhelper(***)" to matche its own ID (6300) as well as changed the Helper's controller from Destroyself to ChangeState (change to an empty state with empty anim) but the problem still persists.
Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 04:52:10 pm by MrGiang