YesNoOk

Feedback to Warnings/Decisions (Read 864574 times)

Started by Iced, February 24, 2012, 09:43:26 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Feedback to Warnings/Decisions
#3721  July 13, 2016, 01:44:37 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
We've never banned anyone for keeping donation money without delivering anything. But I don't remember seeing a situation this blatant either. Probably the only thing really not making this ban worthy is the fact he wasn't the one getting the money. But he's not trust worthy now so for all we know he got part of the $$$ too and is lying.

Other staff thoughts?
#3722  July 13, 2016, 01:55:04 am
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico
We've never banned anyone for keeping donation money without delivering anything. But I don't remember seeing a situation this blatant either. Probably the only thing really not making this ban worthy is the fact he wasn't the one getting the money. But he's not trust worthy now so for all we know he got part of the $$$ too and is lying.

Other staff thoughts?

Does this fall under some form of Fraud? Of so, maybe.
#3723  July 13, 2016, 01:56:08 am
This should be a ban-worthy situation, no?

Not like he was being disruptive and overly hostile. Having a position that most people here don't agree with doesn't sound like something ban worthy, poor defense notwithstanding. I'd say the loss of credibility is punishment enough as of now.
#3724  July 13, 2016, 01:57:48 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Nah, I'd say there's a duty to protect other members from being scammed.
#3725  July 13, 2016, 02:01:03 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
Not like he was being disruptive and overly hostile. Having a position that most people here don't agree with doesn't sound like something ban worthy, poor defense notwithstanding. I'd say the loss of credibility is punishment enough as of now.

But, I don't think letting him go[even with his name goes dirty because of his attitude] will be enough, this can be kinda... Smooth and "kind", specially involving money.
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#3726  July 13, 2016, 03:16:50 am
I know it's already been decided since people are hoping that he keeps the link up.

I don't think he was doing anything malicious that justified a ban, at least not in that thread. If their team was indeed trying to pull a fast one, they got caught already. He's not trying to claim that it's "not a scam" and re-posting the donation link, the opposite in fact he was trying to erase everything. He just gave a bad reason as to why they won't refund the money. It'd be different if he had a fit of rage or was being an obnoxiously annoying dolt.

I understand wanting to prevent things like this from happening and I'd be all for banning if he admits to having done it on purpose, but in this instance it seems a bit premature.
Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 03:33:10 am by Niitris
#3727  July 13, 2016, 05:21:03 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
they were not really scamming aynone, they just sucked at explaining, from what I understood, they were doing it something similarly to a patreon (withotu the donators only thing, maybe) where that month's donations financed that month's development and the donations were never meant to deliver a full product so to speak.

something similar would be like if TDS was accepting/asking for donations for his comic, then he stops accepting donations and stops making the comic and people calim scam because he never finished the comic, even though he was releasing month by month.
#3728  July 13, 2016, 05:43:22 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Hah, the joke is on you! I still have a donate button on my comic and I don't even make the thing!!!

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Most of the initial anger was from his explanation then his reaction to people getting mad because of his bad explanation.
#3729  July 13, 2016, 07:12:05 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
I wouldn't say he's to blame for all the scamming subject. He really just shot himself on the foot when he tried to attack other people (me, especially), but for most of the part, he really just sucks at explaining things.

Shit

lui

#3730  July 14, 2016, 07:15:07 am
    • USA
From Kage on a MKTX VK group site:

"No characters graphics. And I have no desire to begging someone who leaked project, though we aren't at loggerheads, it doesn't make sence to make version with empty select, nobody will be rotated. In general, idea of donations also failed, because doesn't justify the loss of time on this constructor. MKTX will be temporarily frozen before the motivation will come back and there will be resources available. To everyone who supported project: I'm sorry that it happened, but stabbed in the back didn't pass without consequences. If you would like to take donations for v1.040 back then write in (VK group) or YouTube's channel."

And MotorRoach, Le@N's reason: MotorRoach was blocked for destruction of MKTX reputation.

I... never said a single negative thing about the project. In fact, everything I mentioned about the project was always support, and I STILL love the work put into it. I can safely say that this is my favorite MK fangame of all time, and I talked about this game with a great portion of my friends (one of them saw it and even though it was something official from Midway before I told them it's a fangame). I said nothing but good things about the project, and even helped spread it a little. In short, I've always supported the project, and I'm still willing to support them in the future once they get back to work on it. How the FUCK did I destroy their reputation?

Not only that, but Kage himself is much more clear about what is going on, while Le@N himself just attacked me and gave me vague reasoning to what was happening. Just an apology and fixed the issue about my name not being in the list would've been enough, but no, he thinks it's justified to just take my money "as compensation", and on top of that, he blocked me from the MK Mugen Works group on Facebook.

He's telling the whole group that I don't deserve the "something" the other donors will get because I "overreacted", yet he's the one banning and blocking me from everything, and shitting on top of me as much as possible. Is this what I get for donating to your game?
So le@n literally just admitted to taking roach's money as "compensation" for hurting le@n's feelings, banned him on the fb group so now he has no way ever to get a refund and basically said roach did not deserve mktx.

Yeah fuck that, this asshole needs to be banned.
Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 07:52:08 am by Walruslui
#3731  July 14, 2016, 01:47:22 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Just had a talk with him in private this morning. The damage caused by him on both the behalf of the donation and the MK Mugen groups has been fixed, and he gave me details as to why my name wasn't included in the donors list before (something to do with Kage not being present in the VK group by the time my donation was sent).

In short, any damage he could've made is no more. If anyone could split the whole arguing posts from the MKTX thread, that would help on being able to get back on topic.

Shit
#3732  July 14, 2016, 05:31:11 pm
BTW, I have another suggestion.) How about punishement for Walruslui for garbage posts?

that would help on being able to get back on topic
Honestly, I'm not against normal discussion in MKTX topic. But I have doubts it's common for MFG community.
I removed topic just because retired from your hasty conclusions.

Nobody have right to block someone for decisions of another person. Also I will repeat for special imbeciles..
I just provide MKTX news and wasn't connected with donations.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#3733  July 14, 2016, 05:51:29 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
So wait

If this has been fixed, why are you coming here and trying to start MORE issues? It seems like you've only shifted your target now
#3734  July 14, 2016, 06:34:54 pm
To be fair, he's in the right to defend himself after being called an asshole. That said,

Also I will repeat for special imbeciles..

You're not helping yourself with this shit. All you're doing is creating needless resentment towards you and your team, which is not what you do as a representative for your project.
#3735  July 14, 2016, 07:35:15 pm
why are you coming here and trying to start MORE issues
I posted for explanation and didn't want to make things worse.
#3736  July 14, 2016, 07:40:34 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
It can stir things up to want punishment against someone after an event is resolved.

I'm not completely sure you understand the exact reason people like walruslui got upset with you or your team.

Can you tell me your point of view as to why people got upset? I just want to make sure it's understandable.

lui

#3737  July 14, 2016, 09:57:58 pm
    • USA
Instead of insulting people like roach in the thread you could have calmly fixed everything alot sooner so people wouldnt give you so much shit. You tarnished the mktx reputation way more than you should have already so i suggest you calmly explain everything in the mktx thread.

I called you an asshole because i was under the impression a good friend of mine was being treated like shit for donating to your game, alot of people were calling you out for shooting yourself in the foot, dont even attempt to shift this to me, its gonna just end badly and is not worth the effort
Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 10:12:14 pm by Walruslui
#3738  August 15, 2016, 03:16:28 am
    • Germany
Hello.
As you can see, I'm a brand new member. And the registration process gave me quite the headache. Some email providers are blocked to prevent spam and such. One of these is GMX. It's (probably) the biggest provider in Germany. But it is locked. Iced gave following explanation:

I was told that GMX allows users to continuously change their email names, which means they can keep re registering accounts with the same email for spamming. Thats why it was added to the disabled email service list.
Whoever has one can just change the email to a normal email provider and the account gets unlocked for posting unless someone had changed the ban to force it to prevent login.

this message "Invalid email, use a normal email server and not a spam mail. If you replace your email with a normal one you will be able to post again." shows to anyone with that email server.

That actually isn't accurate. You can't change "names" or anything like that. But I guess you refer to the address itself. And, yes, you are granted a second free mail address you can change at any time on a single account.. I do understand that while this is just a minor detail, it is basically only saving you two minutes compared to registering a completely new mail account altogether. And I also understand that this time saving may be crucial on your decision.

In my case, it's quite the hassle to create another mail account on a different provider just for this single community. Note, that this is not a one time thing, since there will always be times you have to tend to your mail account. Not to mention one might get locked because you didn't check your mails for too long.
The funny thing is, I took the effort to register with a different provider. It's a mayor spam mail provider that has been around for years. It worked flawlessly. I intended to change my mail address to my usual GMX one, because of security reasons and for comfort, of course. And the account gets locked. Like Iced mentioned, you have to change your provider even on existing accounts. I guess that's because of technical restrictions (blocking providers altogether instead of only on registration).

What I am trying to say:
I think blocking GMX is out of proportion considering the given reason. Is it that uncommon with mayor providers to get an additional, free to alter second email? Still, I can totally relate to sticking to the ban, but, if possible, I'd really welcome the possibilty to lift the ban for accounts already activated. As a side note, the account gets locked after succesfully activating your new mail address, in case the provider is banned.
I have been a happy GMX user for about 15 years. Their customer service has been splendid whenever there was problem. So it does upset me a bit being forced to look for an alternative solely to take part in the mugenguild board.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
#3739  August 15, 2016, 02:30:36 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
GMX had massive spambots logging in to post spam, dozens, to the point where we cut off the mail provider access. if any use rhas more email providers that offer spam they can and should tell us about it and we will increase the registry block.

Whenever someone attempts to register with a blocked provider the system informs the user that they cant register with the email providertype.. If someone was already logged in with a gmx account the system informs them they need to change the email provider type., this is so people that were registered in the past can change to any of the common accounts like Gmail.

you can always setup your gmail account to forward to your GMX, that will do away with most of your worries, but blocking new accoutns from registering under it means we can stop automatic spambot registry.

Cheers.
#3740  August 15, 2016, 06:12:05 pm
    • Germany
I see where you are coming from. Since it seems there has actually been quite some trouble going on, blocking said provider is probably the best solution.

Mail forwarding is something I intended to avoid, but I guess that is the only reasonable way. Thanks for mentioning gmail. I'll look into it, but I think this might be linked to my google account, isn't it? That would eleminate my greatest condern- losing access to the used mail account. Since my google account is linked to my mayor GMX account.

So, apart from that, I found a workaround. This might be probably something you want to be notified about. I can't write private messages, yet. And Valodim seems to be the only one in charge I can contact directly, since he does not hide his email. But he doesn't seem to be active recently. At which point will private messages be unlocked? Or is there another way to contact the staff? I assume I shouldn't post this information publicly.

PS:
Okay, seems I unlocked private messaging with this very post. I'll contact you.
Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 06:15:58 pm by Kienay