YesNoOk

Commands pissing you off? Well I have extremely bad news for you. (Read 49370 times)

Started by Vans, January 28, 2017, 04:09:30 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Commands pissing you off? Well I have extremely bad news for you.
#21  February 05, 2017, 12:23:26 pm
    • China
    • http://vans.trinitymugen.net/
There is one way of preventing the command from working via mashing diagonals by using that token, but you lose the ability to do it if you hold the direction down (making it extremely stiff).

Detecting releases would still be unreliable either way.
#22  February 05, 2017, 04:53:52 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
and that's even assuming the token works as intended and it does not create new problems.
#23  September 10, 2017, 04:05:10 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Didn't want to make a new thread about this, but seeing as this has to do with commands, it's extremely important.

You know how most people use ~ to start off directions with commands, particularly in Capcom characters?

Code:
[Command]
name = "QCF"
command = ~D,DF,F
time = 10

Well, it seems this entire time, we've been looking at the commands wrong. I've been looking at the buffer variables in CvS2, whose basics probably date back to the days of SF2. It turns out, the correct way to do it is...

Code:
[Command]
name = "QCF"
command = /D,DF,F
time = 10

That's right, a hold. I haven't checked beyond CvS2, but seeing as many things are similar to Zero3, I believe it should be the same there, too, and by extension VSav.

This is easily checked by observing Sagat's QCF commands in the CheatEngine table. Notice how the buffer ticks as long as you hold down.

While this may not make much of a difference in MUGEN commands, it does when you use my particular implementation of Buffering Step 2 as Vans calls it. This is because in CvS2, releases are detected if and only if a hold command is released, never when a press is released.
Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 04:08:17 pm by Jesuszilla
#24  September 10, 2017, 04:41:51 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
There are two from what me and jmm discovered. A press buffer and a release buffer. The release buffer seemed to be about half the press one on average.
New #25  September 10, 2017, 05:16:00 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
There are three: press, release, and hold. In CvS2 they appear to be all equal times, so I imagine that would be the same case for other games. They use bit shifting for decrementing the buffer for basic attacks and movement.

EDIT: Correction: In CvS2, release does appear to be 1 tick (half) unless I am missing part of this variable. Will post back later.
EDIT2: Yep, release is only 1 tick in CvS2. I wonder why.

Also another interesting thing that Kame, Homer, and I can confirm is that MUGEN apparently has 2F input lag natively. Tested on a vanilla KFM.
Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 06:29:47 pm by Jesuszilla