YesNoOk

Apollo and EX Apollo by SeanAltly w/AI by Kamekaze (Read 13635 times)

Started by Sean Altly, April 16, 2010, 11:34:57 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Apollo and EX Apollo by SeanAltly w/AI by Kamekaze
#21  April 18, 2010, 12:21:00 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
- The Incredible Machine gives back some power to Apollo.
- The big portrait is misaligned by one pixel Y wise.
- Photon Assault in Ex version gives back a lot of power.

His DM feels much better with the speed now, and the envshakes add a lot to him. Great. :)
The EX version has some cool differences. The change in the specials make him a whole different char in terms of gameplay.
Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 12:27:52 am by Cybaster
#22  April 18, 2010, 12:40:31 am
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
I like this character so much, it's not even funny. Although they need a super finish background(in my eyes, at least), it's not like I can't do it myself. Most of the feedback above is what I have to say(as for the super finish background, I used HNK's).

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#23  April 18, 2010, 04:48:40 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
I disagree with that. Unless you can chain into a 1 frame overhead, then a chain combo can be crouch blocked for the entirety.

Whoops, that's definitely the word I meant. Typing too fast, never caught it. Thanks.
It wasn't benevolent?

-Well, disagreement on mechanics or not, I still hold that I've seen plenty of characters that can standing guard against crouching attacks (save for sweeps). In fact, I just loaded up Warusaki3's CVSRyu, and the only one of his crouching standards that you have to guard low is his sweep. If I made it so that all crouching attacks had to be blocked low, with the way the combos work for SHADEs and SHADEs characters, the only safe way to block would be to constantly block low.
-Yes, benevolent is the word I meant to use. I said that I was typing too fast and used the word malevolent when I meant benevolent. Thanks!

@Cybaster

Thanks man, I feel silly that I missed the power problems. I usually pay more attention to that.

Download Last Bout now!
#24  April 18, 2010, 05:03:13 am
    • www.sicgraphicsmugen.darkbb.com
you should soooo make Ion his own character

92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.
#25  April 18, 2010, 05:06:34 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Nah, I mean, he doesn't really have any fighting ability of his own, y'know?
You do have to admit, he is pretty neat though.
#26  April 18, 2010, 05:45:25 am
    • www.sicgraphicsmugen.darkbb.com
Ion is the Sh!t, lil guy makes me laugh.

92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.
#27  April 18, 2010, 07:41:23 am
"STAND BACK! I'M DOING SCIENCE!" is the greatest entrance line ever. Seriously.

I really like EX mode, despite the few issues that have already been pointed out. If I find anything else strange, I'll post it.
#28  April 18, 2010, 09:38:37 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
I disagree with that. Unless you can chain into a 1 frame overhead, then a chain combo can be crouch blocked for the entirety.

Whoops, that's definitely the word I meant. Typing too fast, never caught it. Thanks.
It wasn't benevolent?

-Well, disagreement on mechanics or not, I still hold that I've seen plenty of characters that can standing guard against crouching attacks (save for sweeps). In fact, I just loaded up Warusaki3's CVSRyu, and the only one of his crouching standards that you have to guard low is his sweep. If I made it so that all crouching attacks had to be blocked low, with the way the combos work for SHADEs and SHADEs characters, the only safe way to block would be to constantly block low.
I... don't think you understood what I said, but it doesn't matter either way. Grats on the release.
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#29  April 18, 2010, 10:38:49 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Yes I did, you were saying that you could just block a chain combo low the entire time. I'm talking about if the opponent begins by guarding high, then mid combo, the attacker could just switch to a crouching attack and the opponent most likely would not be able to switch to a crouching guard in time. That was the point I was making, and I thought you were saying that they could just crouch guard the entire time, which would guard against everything but overheads (unless a character had an overhead to chain into that is too fast to guard against in time).

Download Last Bout now!
#30  April 18, 2010, 11:41:00 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
Switching from high to low attacks and your opponent being unable to see it during a magic series is not cheap at all, adding a fail safe to an already fair reaction mechanic is being too forgiving to someone who can't block properly... also about Warusaki's Ryu, I'm pretty sure every shoto in every game they were in had low hitting crouching kicks across the board.

Also about overheads, overheads in games where magic series combos are used are: a) Not comboable; b)  if they are comboable they are used to end a combo.

#31  April 18, 2010, 12:26:58 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
I guess we just disagree on the mechanics. I don't think it's too forgiving, I think it's a fair measure to take for balance's sake, and I don't see anyone complaining about the mechanics of Waru's characters. Every gameplay decision I make is deliberate, since I'm not aiming for anyone else's style. The ability to block crouching attacks low (except for sweeps) is a decision I made that I feel is fair (along with the chip damage on standards), and going by Waru's highly regarded characters on the low/high guard issue, my decision has precedent.

Also, my characters don't have comboable overheads. You were the one who brought up chaining overheads. 

Download Last Bout now!
#32  April 18, 2010, 09:10:29 pm
I just tried to post here, but it didn't show up... why?
"I'll change MY direction! Yeah." - Benimaru
#33  April 18, 2010, 09:30:34 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
This post is showing. :P
#34  April 18, 2010, 09:44:04 pm
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada

#35  April 18, 2010, 10:07:19 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
What are you talking about? Argh, I don't see what point you're trying to make. If anything, what you just posted supported what I said in the quote. You posted:

Also about overheads, overheads in games where magic series combos are used are: a) Not comboable; b)  if they are comboable they are used to end a combo.

This seemed like instructions for me on how overheads are supposed to work in combos. I know how they're supposed to work, so I responded by saying that my characters don't have comboable overheads, and that you were the one that brought them up.

Download Last Bout now!
#36  April 18, 2010, 11:11:07 pm
Um, you didn't seem to acknowledge that Waru's Ryu has low hitting crouch kicks of all three strengths/speeds, invalidating your claim that you are "upholding Waru's standards".
#37  April 19, 2010, 02:18:37 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Um, you didn't seem to acknowledge that Waru's Ryu has low hitting crouch kicks of all three strengths/speeds, invalidating your claim that you are "upholding Waru's standards".

What the hell are you talking about? Warusaki3's Ryu's crouching kicks can be guarded high, except the sweep (unless this is a feature he took out in a newer update that I don't have), and I never claimed to be "upholding his standards." I simply said that my decision to not make all crouching attacks only guardable low had precedent. If you notice, I said that every gameplay decision I make is deliberate, and that I'm not trying to mimick anyone else's style, not even Warusaki3's. I did check, and Ken's you must block low, but Ryu's can be blocked high.  I only used his character as an example that I have seen other characters who have low attacks that can be blocked high. I suggest we chalk this up to a simple disagreement on mechanics, and benimarucollider, you should read more carefully before you take that tone with people.

Edit: I just downloaded the most up to date of Waru's Ryu, and all of his crouch kicks have to be guarded low. So you guys were right about that, but I'm telling you, the one I had before did not have this feature. I'm not going to rush to update it, but we can at least put it to rest.

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 02:23:41 am by SeanAltly
#38  April 19, 2010, 04:55:38 am
Wait, what do you mean, you're "not going to rush to update it"? Update what? And does it mean you will, you won't, or you're thinking about it? I'm quite puzzled by this statement.
#39  April 19, 2010, 05:00:46 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Wait, what do you mean, you're "not going to rush to update it"? Update what? And does it mean you will, you won't, or you're thinking about it? I'm quite puzzled by this statement.

It means what I said, I'm not going to rush to update it. I know now that it's standard for crouching kicks to only be guardable low, but I don't know if that's how things will work in SHADEs, and if I do decide to change it, I'm not going to rush to do it.

Download Last Bout now!
#40  April 19, 2010, 10:54:07 pm
  • Everyone has darkness,Fight it or EMBRACE it
I just love the way your characters come out I love most of the voice choices you choose as well. I'm really looking forward to the next game of this series keep it up! :sugoi: