YesNoOk

Is P.O.T.S. style hate justified? (Read 9406 times)

Started by SolWarrior, June 27, 2018, 09:13:04 am
Share this topic:
Re: Is P.O.T.S. style hate justified?
#41  June 28, 2018, 11:26:02 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
This fucking topic comes up every season lol let It die already.
Theres gonna be legit creations and shitty creations no matter
what style it is. Just enjoy life
#42  June 29, 2018, 12:26:53 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
Infinite's take on it with chains and air combos

You know what's odd?  Even though their readme and config files say that they're on by default, chain combos for Deadpool and Dr. Doom are actually off by default out of the box.  Maybe they were on by default initially, but apparently Infinite changed his mind in later updates.

Make of that what you will.
#43  June 29, 2018, 02:08:27 am
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
I was trying to bring subject to Race actually but lets not and just end the thread
#44  June 29, 2018, 02:25:36 am
    • USA
    • Dumanios@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Dumanios
The problem isn't the style, it's with authors.
#45  June 29, 2018, 04:41:52 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
It wasn't just trendy to bash them just because those characters were popular, to was trendy to bash them because those characters were complete shit like 95%~99% of the time.

The "Brazilian MvC estilo" meme might be be dead, but many of us still remember when the bulk of MvC releases were either Kong's or based on the MvC EoH template. Decent DBZ characters that didn't come from...uh, what's his name? the Japanese guy who made a bunch of DBZ characters and the RE bonus game, before TeamZ2 were almost completely unheard of.
I didn't want to get too PotS fanboy-y in my first post, but now I can't resist: the reason I can never take any of the complaints about PotS style seriously is that no matter what, the base gameplay of characters in this style is going to be relatively solid, because the system it's all built on is solid. You can't say the same for the rest of those styles! Even if you screw up a bunch of stuff (not to point fingers—after all, when I started out, I screwed up a shit ton of stuff!), unless you're like, intentionally breaking the existing system stuff, all the non-character specific things should work relatively well!

In any event, regardless of the gameplay style, some people just get too damn worked up over characters that they perceive are bad. It's totally valid to feel that way, but at the same time, it doesn't give you carte blance to flip your shit over every character you think is complete trash. This is all for some dumb, outdated, buggy fighting game engine that's almost old enough to buy alcohol. Who has time for this shit? Just leave feedback like a normal person and don't make a big deal out of stuff like this!
#46  June 29, 2018, 05:53:20 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
And with that, we can end this thread....

See you guys in a few months!