YesNoOk

Some small ideas (Read 6274 times)

Started by GaryCXJk, April 21, 2007, 08:19:16 pm
Share this topic:
Some small ideas
#1  April 21, 2007, 08:19:16 pm
    • area91.garycxjk.com
I have some small ideas for ShugenDo which could give it some extra advantages over others. I'll use headings and explain what I mean with it. Of course, these things are just extras, and are only really cool once ShugenDo gets out of beta, into a full release.

Active / Inactive variable
With XML it should be easy to add an active / inactive state to certain characters. This could allow for characters to be not chosable at all, not even during random select. This enables for minigames and special bosses.

Also, this could also enable for a state in which the certain character would never appear during arcade mode. Of course, this information is stored in another variable.

Sound events in stages
Even though sounds may allow for disturbances during fights when they're not originating from either player, it would be very cool to see, or more, hear certain things. For example, when allowing certain character interaction, one might want to have custom sounds to be played when that certain event gets triggered.

Stage particles
Although it is technically already possible to use "particles", it would help very much if there was an actual particle implementation, for example, to spawn snow which would interact with characters, or even rain, where rain would splash on the hitboxes.

HD
MUGEN already could handle hi-res sprites, but with the announcement of Capcom releasing a remake of Super Street Fighter II Turbo in HD people are most likely wanting to have these HD characters be able to be on MUGEN. Of course, it wouldn't make much of a difference, but still, it would be freaking awesome.

FREAKING HORIZONTAL BACKGROUND LINKING
I love the zoffsetlink variable. It would enable boats to be made. However, without the horizontal movement rocking the boat up and down wouldn't make it too swell, giving it an illusion of not moving either side.

Advanced movement (movement by formula)
It is already possible to use sinus to get a smooth rocking effect, but wouldn't it be nice to have some advanced form of movement? Why not combining sinuses with each other? Or why not a random modifier?

Because, It's Midnite
Re: Some small ideas
#2  April 22, 2007, 12:20:52 pm
    • www.sakirsoft.com
Nice idees.

Active / Inactive variable
With XML it should be easy to add an active / inactive state to certain characters. This could allow for characters to be not chosable at all, not even during random select. This enables for minigames and special bosses.

Yip that would be possible but i have to think more about it.
Because it should be also to unlock chars in a StoryMode like game mode.

Sound events in stages
Even though sounds may allow for disturbances during fights when they're not originating from either player, it would be very cool to see, or more, hear certain things. For example, when allowing certain character interaction, one might want to have custom sounds to be played when that certain event gets triggered.

Allready in the works.It will be  in the StageScript of ShugenDo.
I call them sound objects.

Stage particles
Although it is technically already possible to use "particles", it would help very much if there was an actual particle implementation, for example, to spawn snow which would interact with characters, or even rain, where rain would splash on the hitboxes.

I also plan a partickal controller for chars in ShugenDo.So you can make an explosion or other things...

HD
MUGEN already could handle hi-res sprites, but with the announcement of Capcom releasing a remake of Super Street Fighter II Turbo in HD people are most likely wanting to have these HD characters be able to be on MUGEN. Of course, it wouldn't make much of a difference, but still, it would be freaking awesome.

Woha HD means a lot more then 640x480.
I have to see the image dimension of an chars.I wonder how Capcom will implement this.
To store the images nativly wouls eat up  to much memory.
But let me see the first rips of it.

FREAKING HORIZONTAL BACKGROUND LINKING
I love the zoffsetlink variable. It would enable boats to be made. However, without the horizontal movement rocking the boat up and down wouldn't make it too swell, giving it an illusion of not moving either side.

????

Advanced movement (movement by formula)
It is already possible to use sinus to get a smooth rocking effect, but wouldn't it be nice to have some advanced form of movement? Why not combining sinuses with each other? Or why not a random modifier?

Sorry????

Here you can find ShugenDo
www.sakirsoft.com
#3  April 23, 2007, 12:29:16 am
    • area91.garycxjk.com
With the horizontal background linking I meant like, now, you can only make the background plus the z-offset move up and down, making effects like earthquakes possible:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U10GsaaR5hw

However, it doesn't work with horizontal movements, only vertical movement.

About the advanced moving techniques, I meant with the stages, you can make objects move up and down, left and right, and use combinations to make them move diagonally. You could also combine this with the sine-thing, to make them smoothly rock up and down.

However, what if we wanted to make objects move in a lissajous curve or a spirograph, it would require a lot of your calculating skills, because no way in hell would it be possible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lissajous_curve
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirograph

If it were to be possible to combine sines and cosines, these movements, how silly or useless they are, could be possible.

Because, It's Midnite
#4  April 24, 2007, 04:37:06 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
just for the record, and for whoever has not been paying attention, capcom's hd is 4.5x the regular sprites, that way tehheight is teh same, but the playing area becomes wider.
#5  April 26, 2007, 10:25:00 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
#6  May 03, 2007, 12:16:46 am
    • area91.garycxjk.com
Anyway, one last suggestion, perhaps.

Seperate the helpers from the characters
I don't like helpers. I just don't like them. And even if I wanted to use them, I wanted it to be optional. And I want Spidey to have the helpers other characters have. So yeah. And, this way it saves some sprites.

Because, It's Midnite
#7  May 03, 2007, 02:05:42 am
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
You have to be careful by what you mean for helpers.

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
#8  May 03, 2007, 02:07:47 am
    • kratos-kreations.webs.com/
Anyway, one last suggestion, perhaps.

Seperate the helpers from the characters
I don't like helpers. I just don't like them. And even if I wanted to use them, I wanted it to be optional. And I want Spidey to have the helpers other characters have. So yeah. And, this way it saves some sprites.

what? o_O
#9  May 03, 2007, 02:22:47 am
  • In after lock
He means to have a striker system or mode where strikers are selectable, but unplayable.  And to be able to refuse having strikers at all.

#10  May 05, 2007, 12:34:31 am
  • SNK is life
I think it'd be fun to code in characters' requireds a striker action.
#11  May 05, 2007, 01:48:09 am
  • In after lock
To a certain extent, that wouldn't be necessary.  The engine could just reuse existing states and ask which states pertain to what.

Bea

#12  May 06, 2007, 03:08:50 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
However, what if we wanted to make objects move in a lissajous curve or a spirograph, it would require a lot of your calculating skills, because no way in hell would it be possible.

If it were to be possible to combine sines and cosines, these movements, how silly or useless they are, could be possible.

[off topic]
Now those are two kinds of curves I'm interested in...
Let me find the way they're calculated and see if I can build a mugen script to draw them like I did with Bézier.
Yay! something interesting to do!
[/off topic]

Sorry for being off topic, but I found out that info mostly interesting.
And we need multi dimensional arrays, and trees, and pointers, and powerful math lib in ShugenDo.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#13  May 06, 2007, 02:41:01 pm
    • www.sakirsoft.com

[off topic]

Now those are two kinds of curves I'm interested in...
Let me find the way they're calculated and see if I can build a mugen script to draw them like I did with Bézier.
Yay! something interesting to do!
[/off topic]

Sorry for being off topic, but I found out that info mostly interesting.
And we need multi dimensional arrays, and trees, and pointers, and powerful math lib in ShugenDo.

That would be C/C++ as a scripting language.
It is possible to add C/C++ as a scripting language but all chars had to be converted to that new scripting.
Or should i be able to mix it ????
www.sakirsoft.com
#14  May 29, 2007, 02:22:29 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
c ish scripting language is cool, and it can be mixed with the current one, i guess. though i don't think it would be necessary to implement those curves; maybe they can be put as triggers or sctrls, because doing them in script speed might be too slow.
#15  May 30, 2007, 08:13:52 pm
    • www.sakirsoft.com
I think the speed in scripting would be enough.
Even with the mugen script beszire curves are possible
www.sakirsoft.com
#16  June 12, 2007, 09:02:24 am
Ok, I had a quick read through and didnt see anything like this here.

I have been wondering about this for Mugen a while now, so here goes;

Online Story Mode like the World Tour in Street Fighter Alpha 3. So Its a story mode But you play online v real people, On the intros to fights you can wind people up before the fight.

Tournament Creation (Leagues/Cups/Knockouts)

Home/Away Stages depending whos challenging, and who is host

A spectator view for others to watch

Of course all characters would have to be balanced, so everyone wouldnt be picking the same character. Maybe you could assign a certain amount of "points to each character" Balancing Attack(punches take off more, but you lose defence) and Defence (Changable between fights), so if some1 picks shin akuma, and some1 picks T Hawk, both have the same chance of winning. Only skill will decide.

I think all characters should be stored on an online database, so people cant cheat, with a check before each fight. Therefore each char would be downloaded before each match. But also the option for people to download the chars to practice in their own 1 player system at home. Sort of like Pro Evo Soccer online (ie rosters can be changed but stats cant) so in Shugendo it would be stats can be adjusted, but the over all value cannot. like mugen a bit in that you could have 200 points for each char 100 for Attack and 100 for Defence.

This would also mean people would have to submit their mods to a site or forum to have them checked to see if they are balanced compared with the other chars that are in the database.

I have too many ideas........ and no way to implement them LOL

Networking, and Sound Engineering are my thing. I also do artwork, and write music.
#17  June 13, 2007, 05:42:25 pm
    • www.sakirsoft.com
Nice idee with that spectator view.

Yeah the most big problem about all that online gaming is cheating.
I hate cheater and will do my best to prevent them.

About the database for all chars ... i dont't know it would be hard to
manage those database and keep it up to date.Imagine how much chars are in
existent

www.sakirsoft.com
#18  June 13, 2007, 07:28:39 pm
Yeah the most big problem about all that online gaming is cheating.

I am totally with you on this one.

That is why the database is essential. Because itherwise everyone is going to create 1 character that has a 1 punch kill and its first to land it wins.

So theres no point in making any online game that people can use their own chars.

But if you think about it mugen supports over 65000 chars, so there is enough there to include every character from every game.

So all that is needed is one website to host all charactersand for the program to be encrypted to that webserver and compiled, so people cant change it without decompiling (which is illegal and can be prosecuted for copyright infringement)

You could also include an option for people to not use the online DB, eg for friends who have the same layout, and know each other wont cheat. But for online competitions you need it. I cant tink of any other way.

The simple fact is people will cheat if they can. It needs to be made sure that they cant. And thats the only way i can think of that will work.

There would be a lot of traffic on that db, so sponsorship/advertising would probably be needed to fund it.

I admit its a tough one to call, but the alternative looks grim. And I wouldnt trust most Mugen players, especially all the smart arses on this forum aka the "you suck" posse.
#19  June 13, 2007, 07:57:03 pm
  • In after lock
Why do you need a database of approved characters when I want to fight Shredder with OTH?  You just need a list of characters that you're willing to face against when you establish a connection.  Someone gives you a crappy online game, you don't play with them again and move on.

#20  June 13, 2007, 11:00:50 pm
[quote author=ç„¡é™