YesNoOk

Merry Hyper Dragon Ball NEW Majin Build 2015 (Read 193883 times)

Started by Iced, December 23, 2015, 11:50:01 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Merry Hyper Dragon Ball NEW Majin Build 2015
#121  January 07, 2016, 11:32:26 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Thats odd, what do you mean by changing the settings, do you mean in options? Because the settings are inside the game and you can save them from the options menu, but you need, ofc , to have it all unzipped.

When I go to options, the second joystick is disabled and I can't enable it from within that screen.
So I went to the mugen.cfg file, since that's what I did in the EVO2014 build. I scrolled down to this section:

[Input]
P1.UseKeyboard = 1
P2.UseKeyboard = 1
;Joystick type:
;0 - Disabled
;1 - Enabled
P1.Joystick.type = 1
P2.Joystick.type = 0

I switched the P2Joystick to type 1 since that's enabled, but when I did that, Hyper DBZ wouldn't start up. So I switched ";0" from disabled to enabled, but again, Hyper DBZ wouldn't start up. I set everything back to their default values and decided to consult somebody here for help.

Only thing i can imagine is that something got written over that you didnt notice, otherwise I see no reason for it to not work after you changed back. :\
Sorry, wish I couldve helped more.
#122  January 07, 2016, 11:44:11 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
You can try antimicro, xpadder, or joytokey to map your keyboard buttons to your joystick. I prefer that so I can assign button to hold more than 1

IE 3P and 3K buttons
#123  January 09, 2016, 03:58:28 am
    • USA
I switched the P2Joystick to type 1 since that's enabled, but when I did that, Hyper DBZ wouldn't start up. So I switched ";0" from disabled to enabled, but again, Hyper DBZ wouldn't start up. I set everything back to their default values and decided to consult somebody here for help.

Did you try to change Disabled to Enabled for player 2 in game with the keyboard (numpad 1235 I think are the default direction for player 2)?

I did that with the P2 keyboard controls, but then when I tried to save it and then re-open the game the same thing happened, Hyper DBZ wouldn't start up.

I mean it's fine, I don't mind just manually enabling P2 pad/stick controls when I'm running casuals, but it'd be nice if I didn't have to do it all the time. In a perfect world, right?

Is it working for everybody else? I just downloaded the version provided, so I guess if it's just on my end the problem will go away if I just re-download the game.

Appreciate the help everyone. :D

You can try antimicro, xpadder, or joytokey to map your keyboard buttons to your joystick. I prefer that so I can assign button to hold more than 1

IE 3P and 3K buttons

Sometimes I do that to make EX moves easier, but with J2K it stops working if the computer can't pick up the controller connection. Is it like that with XPadder/Antimicro?
Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 04:01:39 am by MegaSobi
#124  January 09, 2016, 04:06:40 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I have been using XPadder for a long time with no issues. I just switched to antimicro recently because it allows me to set the Pause and scroll lock buttons to the controller. I've been quite happy with it thus far.
Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 04:31:22 am by Just No Point

crp

#125  January 09, 2016, 10:25:38 am
    • France
I did that with the P2 keyboard controls, but then when I tried to save it and then re-open the game the same thing happened, Hyper DBZ wouldn't start up.

I mean it's fine, I don't mind just manually enabling P2 pad/stick controls when I'm running casuals, but it'd be nice if I didn't have to do it all the time. In a perfect world, right?

Is it working for everybody else? I just downloaded the version provided, so I guess if it's just on my end the problem will go away if I just re-download the game.

I change it everytime I play with another player too. No other solution for me :(

#126  January 13, 2016, 12:25:27 am
Are these versions of the characters going to be posted as standalone releases?
#127  January 13, 2016, 12:30:46 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
the only one that isnt is Freeza, but he will as well, eventually.
#128  January 13, 2016, 12:41:31 am
Judging by the readmes, it looked like there were meaningful updates to Babidi and Majin Vegeta too, and given that Freeza's readme wasn't updated, the same could have been true of other characters.

Would be cool to have the latest versions outside the full game.
#129  January 13, 2016, 12:44:31 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
we are still applying bugfixes. when those are done we will upload freeza and whoever else. that been said if anyone wants to give a hand with bugfixes we are always in search of more helping hands.
#130  January 13, 2016, 12:49:44 am
Alright, thanks for the quick response.
#131  January 13, 2016, 12:34:51 pm
  • "Get up, it's too early for you to be defeated!!"
    • New Zealand
    • EthanHoppe053@gmail.com
I know it's not major, but Gohan's facebook winpose doesn't come out right with the new portraits.
Hardcore Palette and Color Separation enthusiast
#132  January 13, 2016, 01:08:00 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
We already knew about that ;) But thanks! Feedback is always welcomed!

crp

#133  January 15, 2016, 05:31:41 pm
    • France
Don't know if you are aware of this bug but performing Gohan's level 3 super with an emotion bar under level 1 will do the level 3 finisher.
#134  January 16, 2016, 03:11:17 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Just posting this here
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#135  January 16, 2016, 04:35:06 am
  • Thanks for all the help!
    • USA
^^^^^^ to follow that post:

In case you didn't know, game grumps played the last version:

Also, I hope I'm not way out of line but I'd like to give some input

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

it would be easier but I understand if you want it to be tough :)

thanks again
Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 04:58:42 am by goldeneragaming
#136  January 16, 2016, 05:09:51 am
  • pew pew
    • sniris5@gmail.com
a normal person will go wat da fak if you go all downbackdowndowndownplsgodownonme downback. i can play the game A+, but if i had to look at that damn input i'd commit suicide. i am a normal person.

so in english, could you tell me what this means, would be great. do something for society and make me 1% smarter please

down,downback,back, down, downback, back A

to

down, downback, back, downback, down, downback, back A.
#137  January 16, 2016, 05:12:45 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
its to ease off the motion on a stick, where the stick rolls over downback again while going down.
#138  January 16, 2016, 05:24:53 am
    • USA
currently for vegetas Final Flash is:

it would be an easier input(On arcade stick and controller for sure) AND the same motion

if it was

#139  January 16, 2016, 05:27:22 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
its lenient enough that its almost not a problem, and most people with arcade sticks are used to pull those off so its not that big of an issue. if it was an arcade game where the only controller was a stick that could help newbies with the motion.

Great video, some of those guys were loving the winposes and intros, kinda sad they didnt manage to see more stuff.
#140  January 16, 2016, 05:34:19 am
    • USA
its lenient enough that its almost not a problem, and most people with arcade sticks are used to pull those off so its not that big of an issue. if it was an arcade game where the only controller was a stick that could help newbies with the motion.

Great video, some of those guys were loving the winposes and intros, kinda sad they didnt manage to see more stuff.

true