YesNoOk

Working on first character, need help with a couple of things (mostly CNS stuff) (Read 6645 times)

Started by Sean Altly, August 29, 2007, 11:30:44 am
Share this topic:
Working on first character, need help with a couple of things (mostly CNS stuff)
#1  August 29, 2007, 11:30:44 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
I have been working on my character for a while now, and I have a large number of sprites done and have been implementing them. Besides using other character's moves as animation references, the character has been drawn in MSpaint from scratch. Well, I've been working on his commands and Constants lately, and for the life of me I can't figure out the following things:

1. How do I make a move a Super Move, so that it has the Super Move screen effects and uses energy from the Super meter? I have a move set up that uses the command D,DF,F,DF,D,DB,B+Punch, and it's under "super moves" in my constants file, but I don't know how to actually make it a super move. Right now it functions as a regular Special with a slightly more complicated command.

2. How do I make a move that has multiple hits? Example, I have the animation made for a move where Snow (my character) slides forward and delivers an elbow to the midsection, then immediately goes into a high knee. However, I can only get one hit to connect. If I'm close, the elbow hits, but the knee doesn't. If Snow starts farther away so that the elbow doesn't connect, the knee will. I don't understand!

3. Last thing. I was trying to make a flash kick-type move, but I'm having trouble with Velocities. I figured out how to make moves advance forward, but if I make it move upward with the second value, Snow doesn't come down unless I jump after the animation finishes. If I don't jump, he just stays there in his standing animation floating above the ground.

Thanks for any help guys!

Download Last Bout now!
Re: Working on first character, need help with a couple of things (mostly CNS stuff)
#2  August 29, 2007, 11:41:29 am
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
1.Add a super pause and do some stuff.  :P

2.Add mutiple(or w/e) triggers to the hit def.
Example - Trigger1 = animelem = 1 <--1st frame in the animation

3.Look at kfms knee state.

[size=40pt]4.Read the docs[/size]
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
Re: Working on first character, need help with a couple of things (mostly CNS stuff)
#3  August 29, 2007, 12:33:54 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
 appreicate the help. I've been reading the docs and found info about SuperPause, but I don't know how to implement it. Where do I add it at? The move is a projectile, so the constant looks like this:

;psychshot
[StateDef 999]
type = S
movetype= A
physics = S
juggle  = 1
velset = 0,0
ctrl = 0
anim = 999
poweradd = 20

[State 999, 1]
type = Projectile
trigger1 = AnimElem = 3
projanim = 1000
projhitanim = 1001
projpriority = 1
projheightbound = -240, 100
projedgebound = 100
projscreenbound = 100
projshadow = -1
offset = -36,-73
velocity = 1
attr = S, SP
damage   = 200
animtype = heavy
guardflag = MA
hitflag = MAFDP
pausetime = 10,10
hitsound   = 5,2
sparkxy = 500,500
guardsound = S6,0
ground.type = Low
ground.slidetime = 25
ground.hittime  = 25
ground.velocity = -6
air.animtype = Back
air.velocity = -4,-6
air.juggle = 3
air.fall = 1
down.velocity = -4,-6
down.hittime = 30
down.bounce = 0

[State 999, end]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = AnimTime = 0
value = 0
ctrl = 1

So where do I add it at? I tried in between poweradd = 20 and [State 999, 1], and updated the numbers (like Statedef 999, 1 became Statedef 999, 2 and what not) but I don't quite understand the parameters, such as time and move just yet. Any suggestions?

Also, does adding a SuperPause decrease the super meter? I don't think it does, so I'm still confused on that one.

Download Last Bout now!
#4  August 29, 2007, 12:41:51 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Oh, wait, I figured it out (where to add, not how to decrease super meter). However, now the little charging animation is missing, and I used the default "30" as stated by the DOC about State Controller references.

Download Last Bout now!