Capcom Vs SNK RETRO (Read 65754 times)

Started by bis1994, April 21, 2016, 07:22:30 am
Share this topic:
Re: Capcom Vs SNK RETRO
#21  April 22, 2016, 02:05:16 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
As much i like P.O.T.S style than the other guy.I think you should have Custom Combo for Capcom side and Max Mode for SNK.I mean its Capcom vs SNK afterall....so why not :).

And mine oppinion about it, is that we need to update P.o.T.S. style with idunnowhydisloved Grooves System. Of course, it's updated too. XD
Man, if I only could make it...
#22  April 22, 2016, 02:17:55 pm
  • Multi-Character User
  • Too good to master one character
As much i like P.O.T.S style than the other guy.I think you should have Custom Combo for Capcom side and Max Mode for SNK.I mean its Capcom vs SNK afterall....so why not :).

And mine oppinion about it, is that we need to update P.o.T.S. style with idunnowhydisloved Grooves System. Of course, it's updated too. XD

Umm...why not add frame links?I mean SF5 styled system without v-trigger is kinda basic but something.And nobody use frame links in their fullgame.
#23  April 22, 2016, 09:57:41 pm
    • Brazil

Hummm.... Good Idea! I will consider this...
#24  April 22, 2016, 10:57:03 pm
Nice project. One of my only real problems with it is that going by the roster, it's less 'CAPCOM vs SNK', and more 'Street Fighter vs King of Fighters With Friends', which isn't a problem, and that's basically what the first two CvS games were anyway. I just wish that either the title better reflected the roster, or the roster better reflected the title, but it's not that big a deal.

Anyhoo, I'd also suggest ditching the idea of giving characters 'unique gameplay', such as giving Athena low HP but high meter gain, or Jill low damage on physicals but high damage on gunfire. Giving more meter is IMO never a substitute for solid stats, and neither is giving one kind of attack a massive boost over another. It might make sense based on their particular abilities to make these kind of changes, but it doesn't guarantee that the characters these changes are made to will be that strong or viable. What does it matter if I get more meter if I get decked in only so many hits? Why even bother giving Jill normal attacks if they're not going to be nearly as useful as her gun attacks? It's not something you see in most fighters and for good reason. Of course, it's your project and you have every right to do whatever you want with it, but I just don't think that's the right way to go about it here.
#25  April 23, 2016, 02:32:14 am
  • Raging Fist

use the latest add004 and it won't be that bad. Just gotta make sure the characters are better editted for the system. Tbh I wanted to try and replicate how Tatsu did his add004 system on a character, thing is 4 buttons or 6?
#26  April 24, 2016, 05:26:48 pm
So I've been looking more closely at the roster, and like I said, there's a lot of Street Fighter characters on the CAPCOM side. Heck, most of that part of the roster is made up of them. But I also noticed that there's a lot of non SF characters in the list of characters you may want to add in; Darkstalkers characters, Rival Schools characters, Captain Commando, etc. So what I'd suggest is taking out some of the Street Fighter characters and instead adding in all of those other non-SF characters. Doing so would add more variety to the roster, and make the game better live up to it's name. But it's still your game, and you don't have to do it if you don't want to.

I also found another non-SF character that could fit in if you wanted to add him; El Stringray from Slammasters, by Infinite. As far as I can tell, he was made in the Pots style, which is what this project is going for. You can try him out for yourself and see if you think he'd be a good fit, though I think he'd be a cool choice myself. Here's the link if you're interested: http://infiniteff.forumotion.com/t278-el-stingray-updated-06-22-2013

lui

#27  May 02, 2016, 07:19:01 am
    • USA
the screenpack is beautiful

tho the "game" is just ANOTHER generic pots style "fullgame" with a bunch of inconsistencies (some characters have max mode or custom combo, some can chain combo while others don't, some have simplified and custom commands while others keep their complex inputs, etc) you can atleast edit the characters a lot more to make em more unified otherwise ill just be using this for the screenpack really.
#28  May 07, 2016, 09:12:28 am
    • Brazil
Hey, what do you guys think about no max mode/custom combo and no chain combo, I was thinking that it would "shape up" the game to a more stable gameplay...
#29  May 08, 2016, 01:53:02 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
I actually like the Chain combo ideia because it would contrast your game from the others CvS projects.
Lasagna
#30  May 09, 2016, 04:46:58 pm
    • Brazil
Hey, what do you guys think about no max mode/custom combo and no chain combo, I was thinking that it would "shape up" the game to a more stable gameplay...

I'm not a big fan of "max mode/custom combo" and "chains". So yeah! I liked your idea here!
#31  May 19, 2016, 06:52:15 pm
    • Brazil
Some new stuff: A custom logo on menu, expanded roster, a addition on the vs screen, the transition from dreamcast version, and a edited version of the jmorphman's shadowlady (and please. ignore the ugly portraits), And finally!! Now you can see the true quality of the graphics!!!

And all the chars won't have custom/chain combo or max mode anymore.
#32  May 19, 2016, 07:56:19 pm
    • Brazil
Hey Bis, nice update!

And It seems that you are using the right localcoord for stages in 720p and for the chars, which is great, a lot of people simple ignore it.

Keep it up!
#33  May 20, 2016, 11:45:33 pm
    • Brazil
New (and Expanded) roster:
CAPCOM

----------
1 - Ryu (Evi Ryu) (Shin Evil Ryu)
2 - Ken (Evil Ken)
3 - Chun-Li (Shadow Lady) (Chun-Li Zero)
4 - Cammy (Cammy Doll) (Cammmy Delta)
5 - Guile
6 - Sakura (Dark Sakura)
7 - Karin (Dark Karin)
8 - Alex
9 - Blanka
10 - Honda
11 - Blair
12 - Sean (Sean Ex)
13 - Rose (Magician Rose)
14 - Poison
15 - Gen
16 - Gouken
17 - Juli
18 - Sodom
19 - Skullomania
20 - Rolento
21 - Sagat
22 - Morrigan
23 - Ingrid
24 - Jill
25 - nash (Shadow)
26 - Eliza
27 - Dan
28 - Birdie
29 - C.Viper
30 - Juri
31 - Vega (Shin Vega)
32 - Gouki (Shin Gouki) (Oni)
33 - Gill
34 - Urien
35 - Seth
36 - Strider Hiryu
37 - Guy
38 - Batsu
39 - Eagle
40 - Zangief
41 - Yang
42 - Yun
43 - Cody
44 - Jedah
45 - BBH
46 - Lilith
47 - Elstingray
48 - Demitri
49 - Hinata
50 - Tiffany
51 - Kysuke
52 -  C.Commando

SNK

----- KOF -----
1 - Kyo (Kusanagi)
2 - Iori (Orochi Iori)
3 - K'
4 - Terry (Terry EX)
5- Kula
6 - Mai
7 - Joe
8 - Vice
9 - Griffon
10 - Ryo
11 - Takuma (Takuma EX)
12 - Yuri
13 - Robert (Robert EX)
14 - King
15 - Duo Lon
16 - Yamazaki
17 - Athena
18 - Ralf
19 - Clark
20 - Rock
21 - B.Jeneth
22 - Billy
23 - Benimaru
24 - Mr.Karate (Serious Mr.Karate)
25 - Nakoruru
26 - Marco
27 - Kim
28 - Andy (Andy EX)
29 - Kain
30 - Krauser
31 - Laurence
32 - Haohmaru (Rassentsumaru)
33 - Earthquake
34 - Mickey
35 - Saisyu
36 - Ash (Dark Ash)
37 - Grant
38 - Rugal (God Rugal)
39 - Geese (Nightmare Geese)
40 - Eiji
41 - Shingo
42 - Leona
43 - B.Mary
44 - Kim Jae Hoon
45 - Kim Dong Hawan
46 - Gato
47 -
48 -
49 -
50 -
51 -
52 -

Some help/suggestion with SNK side would be apreciated!!!
#34  May 20, 2016, 11:58:12 pm
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
I rather prefer shinrei's  megaman instead of using elstingray and for snk however I suggest either Genjuro (Samurai Showdown), Moriya, Kaede (both from the last blade), Hanzo and Fumma (both from World heroes in their ngbc sprites), tia from breakers revenge (Divinewolf made a pretty cool version of her you should check out), Gai tendo, Oswald, Maxima, Ingiz, Goentiz, Vanessa, Elisabeth, and Adel (From the king of fighters) You cab choose five out of these characters for your game. Choose wisely.
#35  May 21, 2016, 12:11:42 am
  • I Like Mario Too
  • Big Megaman Fan
    • Brazil
    • zaptogames@outlook.com
My Mugen Stuff:https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles
People Must Stop Thinking Everyone Is MASTER OF MUGEN...
Ninjas Are Cool (Gouki And Other Japanese Names Sucks!)
#36  May 21, 2016, 12:26:34 am
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
Don't worry. I'm reffering to Korjoobadness Hanzo and Fumma.
#37  May 21, 2016, 05:02:58 am
    • Brazil
Hanzo and Fumma (both from World heroes in their ngbc sprites)

Kof sprites in a CvS game? Please no!

Well, that's why I'm adding new brand palletes to all chars, like this, I can minimize the visual diferences between them, here's a example (Jill from MVC, Ash from KOF)

(Some of them needs to be adjusted, I'm basicly adding high contrast, and high saturation)

OK, it's not like, "OMG they look like belong to the same game", but at least... It's an attempt, and btw, in both cvs games, if I'm not wrong morrigan had sprites from darstalkers... She was always weird comparing to the other chars...
Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 05:07:15 am by bis1994
#38  May 21, 2016, 05:04:44 am
    • Brazil
I rather prefer shinrei's  megaman instead of using elstingray and for snk however I suggest either Genjuro (Samurai Showdown), Moriya, Kaede (both from the last blade), Hanzo and Fumma (both from World heroes in their ngbc sprites), tia from breakers revenge (Divinewolf made a pretty cool version of her you should check out), Gai tendo, Oswald, Maxima, Ingiz, Goentiz, Vanessa, Elisabeth, and Adel (From the king of fighters) You cab choose five out of these characters for your game. Choose wisely.

Yes, thanks for the suggestions! I will see what I can do.
#39  May 21, 2016, 05:24:50 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil

Well, that's why I'm adding new brand palletes to all chars, like this, I can minimize the visual diferences between them, here's a example (Jill from MVC, Ash from KOF)

(Some of them needs to be adjusted, I'm basicly adding high contrast, and high saturation)

OK, it's not like, "OMG they look like belong to the same game", but at least... It's an attempt, and btw, in both cvs games, if I'm not wrong morrigan had sprites from darstalkers... She was always weird comparing to the other chars...

Those palletes looks pretty cool fam.
Lasagna
#40  May 21, 2016, 02:22:02 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
This palette trick was discussed various time. Right now, only you can see the result ingame, with the animations running.
You really have to be sure that it really works ingame! :)
Screenpack looks good too. Good job.