YesNoOk

Beta Build 339 will be out around this week (Read 15628 times)

Started by SakirSoft, June 15, 2009, 09:13:38 pm
Beta Build 339 will be out around this week
#1  June 15, 2009, 09:13:38 pm
    • www.sakirsoft.com
Some time since i post news here.
I am done with beta build 339 but have to make the final touches before i can release it.
This release will be in two forms. One as a setup exe and one as a zip file.

This release will only contain the pc version of ShugenDo. I am still working on the sff to psp converter and it will take some time
to get it done. This converter will be also for a new better suited PC file format.
I did some tests with the psp fileformet and was about to save arounf 2.5x the memusage in comparison to the SFF format.

BTW here the change log of beta build 339.

309 -> 339
-state -1 breaks on change state as it should
-TargetLifeAdd fixed
-hitdef
 -p1 state and p2 state transition fix
 -default state stransition fix( state 5000 ++ )
-HitShakeOver least for one tick
-removed license dialog
-reordered reset flag function
-again animElem fix
-psp build update
-changed coord system to universal global coords
-LevelCounter add for the HUD
-Win, WinKo, WinTime, trigger implemented
-kill flag of TargetLifeAdd and LifeAdd defaulting to 1
-projectile y pos fix
-Is helper pos x realy bugged in winmugen?
-RootDist trigger takes the facing of root and helper in to account now
-changed internel facing handling
-fixed frontedge and backedge calcuation in taking cam positon in to account
-fixed holdfwd and holdback are no longer specical

The most important change is the
-changed coord system to universal global coords.

First of all you maybe noticed that mugen uses different axis position for menus and stages.
In ShugenDo it use the same coord system as fallows

But the question is what are global coords.
The most anoying thing about mugen is the limit of the player move form -160 to 160.
You have no way to decide where you player is on the stage.

Because ShugenDo uses a camera system which fallows the player and do not fake it like mugen does.

Here a screenshot about what i mean.

You will notice that the x value is beyond -160.

I will inform you more in the next days and will release the beta build.

Here you can find ShugenDo
www.sakirsoft.com
Re: Beta Build 339 will be out around this week
#2  June 16, 2009, 02:57:58 am
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
Very exciting news about the next build Sakir. Can't wait to test it.

Take your time with the PSP formatting thingie, it while be the more worth it in the end.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#3  June 16, 2009, 07:20:26 am
GOod stuff saki. Btw, why not make it wide screen  with the x value being beyond -160 to 160. Think it will look more better?
Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 04:29:14 pm by JaseSRK
#4  June 17, 2009, 06:44:13 pm
i just have one question...can i use any characters i use in mugen for this?
Nothing Is here
#5  June 17, 2009, 07:54:52 pm
    • Poland
You should read site of Sakir before asking any question, but, because I'm in good mood today, I will answer.

Yes you can use every character that you use in Mugen.
"If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be." The Outer Limits S04E04

"If knowledge is power and power corrupts... how will human kind ever survive?" The Outer Limits S04E16
#6  June 17, 2009, 10:48:56 pm
Oh good, maybe this build will work for me. The other one didn't  ???
#7  June 21, 2009, 07:13:04 am
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com

Because ShugenDo uses a camera system which fallows the player and do not fake it like mugen does.

its not "fake"...its relative to the screen size (320x240) and not to the WHOLE area. Its quite easy to understand.

and sorry for the lack of beta testing from  me, I'm very busy those days :(
#8  June 21, 2009, 09:45:32 pm
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
Where is the source of your quote O Ilu?

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
#9  June 21, 2009, 10:55:29 pm
  • DAT SAX
The first post. :S

I also agree. The new system is ......... quite stupid. Congratulations, you just broke about 99.9% of all MUGEN characters. :D

There's nothing wrong with the current -160 - 160 / -120 - 120 system. It's, like O Illu said, relative to the default screen size, 320x240. What you're trying to accomplish (find out where a character is on the stage) could be done just by creating a stagepos trigger. I have no clue why you increased the values. To me, it seems like there was almost no reason to do so. Like you did it just because you can.

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)
#10  June 22, 2009, 12:35:44 am
  • In after lock
It seemed like someone was disagreeing, so I didn't check the first post. :-X

If I sat down to think about it, I think it's probably better if you're going to change functionality like that to use a separate trigger / sctrl.

#11  June 22, 2009, 10:05:27 am
    • www.sakirsoft.com

its not "fake"...its relative to the screen size (320x240) and not to the WHOLE area. Its quite easy to understand.

and sorry for the lack of beta testing from  me, I'm very busy those days :(

I do not doubt that that the mugen system in understandable. I mean its fakes a camera system. The
Chars are allways in the same screen coord. As you correctly wrote its relative to the screen size Mugen only moves the background and pushes the players according to
the movement. In ShugenDo the chars have global corrds and a "real" camera system which fallows the char.

No problem i am also busy with some things. Hope to see some reports again from you. I appricate your support.

I also agree. The new system is ......... quite stupid. Congratulations, you just broke about 99.9% of all MUGEN characters. :D

There's nothing wrong with the current -160 - 160 / -120 - 120 system. It's, like O Illu said, relative to the default screen size, 320x240. What you're trying to accomplish (find out where a character is on the stage) could be done just by creating a stagepos trigger. I have no clue why you increased the values. To me, it seems like there was almost no reason to do so. Like you did it just because you can.

You should give it  at least a try and understand the system before you doom it as stupid.
Most mugen chars are still working as they should. There is not hard break with compatibilty.
Only some chars which are dealing with fixed values like -160 , 160 have some glitches which can bes easly fixed.
Also the system does not only open the opportunity to detect where you player is. Also it make it possible to make a widescreen version
or you can add obstacle in the stage which can react to the player. Or you can put sounds in the stage and therer volume will be correspondending
to the location of the cam.

The Front- and BackEdgeBodyDist  trigger family is still working correct. Making them workin wrong would break compatibilty.
Alot of chars are relaying on it.

www.sakirsoft.com
#12  June 22, 2009, 10:52:26 am
I think I know what you're going for, you're trying to get that effect where the screen can sorta zoom in and out like in Samurai Showdown? Correct? If so that's a great idea if by increasing the size will allow that sort of thing. If you haven't thought of that you should make it optional.

Also I fully support your effort like I do for that crazy Mac mugen idea  :P but nonetheless we keep trying and reach for new plateaus  ;) Keep it up and ignore these crazy MFG critics who can't appreciate a gifted idea which brought about many of the new content we have today in mugen. Follow through to the end and rescue a dying medium  8)
#13  June 24, 2009, 09:30:17 am

99 % of mugen characters are broken and garbage anyways.If you think this new engine is stupid, you can always play with winmugen and dosmugen

Saki Good stuff. Mugen garbage camera is crappy, I'm so ready for something new.

I'm so glad shugendo isn't 320x240 like mugen because it's hella annoying playing with low res characters, Plus when making a character that has to be down sized all the way down to fit 320x240,I lose alot of detail in the characters face and stuff,so it's not even worth making a character. Plus, FFU is released now it gives everyone the ability to make very hi Res characters and stages.

Making characters that's 640x480 is great  :sugoi:
Stages that's 1280×1024 is even Better.  :sugoi:

Btw, Saki will shugendo be compatible to FFU? As far as a build in exe in FFU like winmugen & dos, that way I people can go straight to testing there chars in training mode.
Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 09:51:23 pm by JaseSRK
#14  June 24, 2009, 07:49:52 pm
  • In after lock
Also the system does not only open the opportunity to detect where you player is. Also it make it possible to make a widescreen version
or you can add obstacle in the stage which can react to the player. Or you can put sounds in the stage and therer volume will be correspondending
I'm pretty sure that was already possible by using a helper and basing movements on that helper's position.  You had to posset with a certain flag or something and possibly use a detection algorithm that Winane developed to find the edges of the stage.

#15  June 24, 2009, 08:39:43 pm
    • kratos-kreations.webs.com/
^

that's too much work for a simple feature.
#16  June 24, 2009, 10:22:35 pm
    • www.sakirsoft.com
I'm pretty sure that was already possible by using a helper and basing movements on that helper's position.  You had to posset with a certain flag or something and possibly use a detection algorithm that Winane developed to find the edges of the stage.

Right its possible but its very ugly to do and not common for all chars.
Its not "natural" to make it this way. The problem is also that you are thinking to much to mugen way.
The problem is that mugen did not offer such feature and most coder get their feature by doing it via cns coding.
But it get very ugly with all that vars and stuff.

Btw, Saki will shugendo be compatible to FFU? As far as a build in exe in FFU like winmugen & dos, that way I people can go straight to testing there chars in training mode.

Yeah ShugenDo support command line params and you can quickly start it with two chars and a stage in training mode.
Look at the test.bat file.

the syntax is
ShugenDo <char1> <char2> <stage>

to load kfm vs kfm in stage0
ShugenDo kfm kfm stage0
www.sakirsoft.com
Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 10:36:49 pm by SakirSoft
#17  June 24, 2009, 10:41:47 pm
    • Poland
99 % of mugen characters are broken and garbage anyways.

We both agree, that new stuff is cool, but saying that all Mugen chars are garbage is pure arogance... You sound like you want erase 10 years of experience and fun that mugen give us. This is not nice IMO. For me compatibility with old chars is very important, because building entire new community from scratch isn't cool idea, and as far I know Sakir agree with me on that.

Plus, FFU is released now it gives everyone the ability to make very hi Res characters and stages.

Yes, because making hi res sprites is so easy isn't it ? [/sarcasm] I mean come on most stuff is Low Res, and there is only few Hi-Res Games so far. I like them, until  they arent so ugly. Even KoF sprites can be cool. That's why ShugenDo support both low & hi-res, and saying that low-res is ugly is offence for fans of them. Most of people there likes old school you know.
"If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be." The Outer Limits S04E04

"If knowledge is power and power corrupts... how will human kind ever survive?" The Outer Limits S04E16
#18  June 24, 2009, 11:08:50 pm
99 % of mugen characters are broken and garbage anyways.

We both agree, that new stuff is cool, but saying that all Mugen chars are garbage is pure arogance... You sound like you want erase 10 years of experience and fun that mugen give us. This is not nice IMO. For me compatibility with old chars is very important, because building entire new community from scratch isn't cool idea, and as far I know Sakir agree with me on that.

Plus, FFU is released now it gives everyone the ability to make very hi Res characters and stages.

Yes, because making hi res sprites is so easy isn't it ? [/sarcasm] I mean come on most stuff is Low Res, and there is only few Hi-Res Games so far. I like them, until  they arent so ugly. Even KoF sprites can be cool. That's why ShugenDo support both low & hi-res, and saying that low-res is ugly is offence for fans of them. Most of people there likes old school you know.

Naw don't take offense, I was just telling it how it is. I'm not trying to erase nothing, I'm not stating that anything is ugly. I was saying to the guy people like myself are more open to hi-res and new features, and giving my 2 cents why. That is all.
Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 11:17:45 pm by JaseSRK
#19  June 25, 2009, 08:18:32 am
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
Yeah Mugen creators, stop creating bec. you're all garbage. You can all quit this community now.