YesNoOk

ShugenDo Developer Blog (Read 87756 times)

Started by SakirSoft, May 13, 2009, 06:01:00 pm
Re: ShugenDo Developer Blog
#21  June 05, 2009, 09:22:22 pm
Not to be pushy, but what's the status on the PSP build, Sakir? It's been nearly a week since you made the announcement.  :-X
#22  June 05, 2009, 09:53:58 pm
    • Poland
Chill out, in extensive and long development so many things can go wrong or not like it's planned. Delay should be expected. Only one thing is 100% sure in life: Death.

I mean Sakir will explain proably delay when he feels like it. I prefer this way, so I'm sure I get quality product, not rushed, unifinished thing, released just because to keep promise.
"If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be." The Outer Limits S04E04

"If knowledge is power and power corrupts... how will human kind ever survive?" The Outer Limits S04E16
#23  June 06, 2009, 02:21:08 am
  • MUGEN is so fun I hate it.
    • ememe.pl
Chill out, in extensive and long development so many things can go wrong or not like it's planned. Delay should be expected. Only one thing is 100% sure in life: Death.

I mean Sakir will explain proably delay when he feels like it. I prefer this way, so I'm sure I get quality product, not rushed, unifinished thing, released just because to keep promise.
+1.

Let's just give him all the time he needs. There's enough of pressure on his shoulders already. We've been waiting, and we can wait some more. Some little delay won't hurt us.
#24  June 06, 2009, 02:41:15 am
In all fairness, I asked what the status was because we hadn't heard from him about it in a little while. I didn't say: "WTF sakir y u don releaz psp shugendo u suck n take slow gtfo  >:( >:( >:("

Sheesh.
#25  June 06, 2009, 06:10:25 am
  • MUGEN is so fun I hate it.
    • ememe.pl
In all fairness, I asked what the status was because we hadn't heard from him about it in a little while. I didn't say: "WTF sakir y u don releaz psp shugendo u suck n take slow gtfo  >:( >:( >:("

Sheesh.
|
|
V
Not to be pushy, but what's the status on the PSP build, Sakir? It's been nearly a week since you made the announcement.  :-X
This very part just gave you away.

He can make announcements and still delay stuff without announcing it, you know?

But anyway, you paraphrased your previous statement, so we're clear here.

Let's just wait. It will happen. We will have that PSP build soon.
#26  June 06, 2009, 12:36:38 pm
    • www.sakirsoft.com

Sheesh.

Right guys lets keep cool please.
He just asked frankly a question and thats okay.

I also wanted to post some status report of ShugenDo and the PSP build.
Since the last release i did a lot of fix as usual. Thanks again here for the help of the beta testers.
All those fixes will be in the change log file of the next release.

So i announced a psp release around the end of may + some days. Good that i added some extrax days for me ;)
So what the status of the PSP version?

I was able to port the base code of ShugenDo to the PSP. That means i have a working version on the PSP.
But currently you do not see anything because the renderer of the psp version is not done yet.
I am writing a optimized rendered for the psp. I came to the conclusion that the SFF format is not very suitable for the PSP
and wrote a new file format with a sff to the new file format converter.

So whats wrong with the SFF format ? It uses to much memory in realtime. The pcx file in the sff have to pe unpacked to a raw hardware format.
The new fileformat decrease memory usage alot.

The PSP owns 32MB ram but about 24MB are useable for a game. So i have to be careful with the memusage.
And need a better format with less memory usage.
The converter is already done and i am about to write a module to render the new file format on the PSP.
As soon as the render is showing some thing i am almost done with the psp port.

But i also did a important change to the coordination system of ShugenDo.
Mugen uses two different coord system for the main fight engine and the menu.

You can see it on the origin of the coord system. 0,0 mean upper left corner in menus.
But in fight it means the middle of the screen.

The change allows me also wide screen support for ShugenDo.
Here a example of it

Here you can find ShugenDo
www.sakirsoft.com
#27  June 06, 2009, 08:29:02 pm
    • kratos-kreations.webs.com/
Great work on the PSP version Sakir. Your effort is amazing.

And the Widescreen version looks great!
#28  June 07, 2009, 04:38:33 am
Well that's sounds like something else. It's good to hear things are coming along well. I wanted to test out some Basara X characters with the PC version of beta build 309, but for some reason after I installed everything it told me it couldn't run.  ??? Would someone else like to test those chars?

And on a last side note, thanks Sakir for sticking up for me.
#29  June 09, 2009, 11:59:26 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
Sakir,

To know that you will implement widescreen compatibility on the PSP port sounds very refreshing. Only God knows how much I hate what Capcom has done with the sprites from Darkstalkers and Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max...even though I can't help but play them again and again...It's good to know Shugendo will not suffer from the same graphical stretching.

A word of advise though...I see you have a huge black bar on the top of the screen consisting of a Height of 16 pixels. Why don't you center the graphics and have two bars consisting of 8 pixels each on the top and bottom...then you would have true widescreen. I got this idea from playing a BOR mod today called "A Tale of Vengeance", since this is also how it was implemented for the BOR engine....also, this way the graphics will be centered and this way you can barely notice the black bars while playing on the PSP.

Looks and sounds good so far...Can't wait!  8)
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja

Ashurex

#30  June 10, 2009, 01:30:44 am
sweet! btw, you know that MugenPlus can hold 320 of color right? Will ShugenDo have 720, so that we may make BlazBlue characters?
#31  June 10, 2009, 09:32:32 am
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
You can downscale any sprites.

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.

Ashurex

#32  June 10, 2009, 06:55:58 pm
even if I were to downscale BlazBlue characters to the size of Guilty Gear characters, they still have 720 bits of color. Thats why I want to know if ShugenDo will have 720 bit compatibility.
#33  June 10, 2009, 09:04:13 pm
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
voiai@e#r$n3???

What are you talking about?  BlazBlue likely doesn't have sprites over 64 colors.  Mugen's default resolutions are in a 4:3 ratio with 240 and 480 pixels vertical.  IIRC, ShugenDo defaults to 480 and can go anywhere upward.  The increase in overall size for BlazBlue sprites really doesn't seem to matter and downscaling wouldn't be noticed in that case.

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
#34  June 10, 2009, 09:08:46 pm
  • Horrible
    • Sweden
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/anjel/
My shitty mugen stuff:
#35  June 11, 2009, 12:17:32 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
voiai@e#r$n3???

What are you talking about?  BlazBlue likely doesn't have sprites over 64 colors.  Mugen's default resolutions are in a 4:3 ratio with 240 and 480 pixels vertical.  IIRC, ShugenDo defaults to 480 and can go anywhere upward.  The increase in overall size for BlazBlue sprites really doesn't seem to matter and downscaling wouldn't be noticed in that case.
* Frederika Bernkastel~ gets messatsu a wall so he can bang his head on it
#36  June 11, 2009, 03:55:07 am
What's all the fuss about psp port.To be honest I can care less about a psp port, I rather see new features from the suggestions before any kind of port. BEcause when I think about it, right now it's still the same old standard mugen when it comes to features as of now. What's the point in me going through the trouble playing it on psp. Ports should come last. But, it's saki project so much respect in what you decides to do.

But thats just me.
#37  June 11, 2009, 03:57:11 am
  • DAT SAX
I'm more about making characters work correctly in this god-foresaken bug-ridden program. :S

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)
#38  June 11, 2009, 05:13:36 am
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
What's all the fuss about psp port.

:-\...I assume you do not own a PSP.

What's the point in me going through the trouble playing it on psp.

Well, just to point out the most important feature here, dev-wise...Once he gets it running like it should, he could test the engine for bugs while away from his PC. Then every next beta build would be released on both consoles at the same time for testing.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#39  June 11, 2009, 10:13:14 am
  • Spoiler
  • let's bring order to chaos
    • Mexico
    • none
well, I have read about Psp port...
but I want to know about the Xbox port... I remember you showed a video a lot of time ago of Shugendo on xbox...
 ???

what's the status?
any progres on it?

I'm interested cause I play mugen on my xbox, and probably will play Shugendo there too.

Zorf Giudecca

Ashurex

#40  June 11, 2009, 04:05:36 pm
well, I have read about Psp port...
but I want to know about the Xbox port... I remember you showed a video a lot of time ago of Shugendo on xbox...
 ???

what's the status?
any progres on it?

I'm interested cause I play mugen on my xbox, and probably will play Shugendo there too.

Hmmm, I think I should try that. I wonder if its possible to play on the PS2.