YesNoOk

2D Fighter Maker 2002 (Read 26029 times)

Started by Saikoro, December 18, 2011, 10:17:25 pm
Share this topic:
2D Fighter Maker 2002
#1  December 18, 2011, 10:17:25 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
I'm curious about this. Personally, Mugen is my creation tool of choice, but my brother was showing me a few things he made using this Fighter Maker.... thing. In my head, I was like "why is he using this when Mugen is so much better??" when he was demonstrating a simple character in Guile's SF2 stage. He claims he wants to test the waters before getting into Mugen. I say he should dive right into stage creation. Yet he doesn't listen....

Anyone else ever use this program?? It looks odd to me....

All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
Re: 2D Fighter Maker 2002
#2  December 18, 2011, 11:10:44 pm
  • Burn to Fight
this soft was made for enterbrain the same creators of rpg maker , the fighter maker is too old and this use is for full games  and  this engine is very popular in japan for making  doujin games and have lack of tutorial for learn in using it in other lenguages out of japanise lenguage and a few resource materials  for the reason of a lot of  mugen comunity the figther maker wasn't popular and enterbrain not planing to release a new version

explain to your brother the 2dfm is only for full games  and mugen is more flexible for making a lot of independent adoons for customize your personal mugen without compiling anything

if don't work take him to the psychologist  ;D ;D ;D

here you can check a tutorial about the use of 2dfm
http://eigomanga.com/VanguardPrincess/2D_Fighter_Maker/2D_FIGHTER_MAKER_2K2/2D%20FIGHTER%20MAKER%202002%201.00.2/The%20Big%20FM2002%20Community%20Compendium.doc

long time ago try to using this engine and didn't like me is a little tricky  o_O,
MUGEN Rulez  :sugoi:

Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 11:18:22 pm by xiondash
#3  December 18, 2011, 11:38:00 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Yeah, Fighter Maker is better than Mugen when it comes for full games, with the menus customizations and all.
Mugen is much more flexible from what I know, but it's possible to create great things in FM too, such as Vanguard Princess : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF13OmXkRAs
#4  December 19, 2011, 01:50:53 am
  • Just a regular goon
I was gonna try Fighter maker one time. But then i got confused.
"What do you want?"
"My face on the one dollar bill"
The Joker in Batman (1989)
#5  December 19, 2011, 02:04:51 am
  • A frame here, a pixel there.
Fighter Maker has more control over hitboxes than Mugen does, doesn't it?
#6  December 19, 2011, 02:07:09 am
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
there arent any english documentation for it which is why it never caught on

vanpri is the best fm game followed by a certain other game which only a certain person here plays..
#7  December 19, 2011, 02:38:31 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
there arent any english documentation for it which is why it never caught on

vanpri is the best fm game followed by a certain other game which only a certain person here plays..

Really.... Who would that be?? LOL

As he is showing me his 8-bit Jason Voorhees (which was pretty cool) I was thinking to myself "why not Mugen!?" I've also been telling him for the longest time he should get into creating stuff as he is talented with pixel editing and he's just as obsessed with geekery as I am. He is also an avid gamer and loves the classics as he grew up with me during the 16-bit era.

His response?? "I want to get more comfortable with this first before getting into Mugen." I see his choice as learning twice as much as he needs to. And Fighter Maker looks a bit too similar to Fighter Factory. I myself would dive right into stage making but I have plenty of high quality portraits to make first....

Thanks for the tips guys!! I appreciate it. I'll send him the links as he isn't a member here.  :( I gotta change that.... LOL
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#8  December 19, 2011, 08:25:59 am
I also hear Fighter Maker is capable of online, is that true?
#9  December 19, 2011, 08:32:34 am
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
#10  December 19, 2011, 10:31:39 am
  • Maker of obscurity.
    • http://tetsuwanatom.b1.jcink.com/
Yes, fighter maker is more suitable for full games.
Is possible to do fileswapping and use characters from other games in a full game.
But it have several unexpected compatibility issues and bugs since characters from different sources can't be compatible with each other.
Just see bugs which happens if you add characters from Magical Chaser (for example) in Vanguard Princess.
The bugs are also caused by the effects as well.
So, the best thing is to relly on mugen, unless you manage to understand how Fighter Factory 2k2 works first.
-Toshio Tenma
#11  December 19, 2011, 11:24:15 am

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!