YesNoOk

Nappa! (from DBZ abridged) (Read 20497 times)

Started by ansabhailte, March 19, 2009, 01:27:28 am
Nappa! (from DBZ abridged)
#1  March 19, 2009, 01:27:28 am
he is the awesomest character ever! I have started on him, I already have the sprites done (kinda small tho) and I am doing the sounds (like when he fires his lazor lol 1 hit KO) but I am no programmer. Anybody care to either help, or completely take over this project? plz the world must have Nappa! :)
Re: Nappa! (from DBZ abridged)
#2  March 19, 2009, 01:36:31 am
  • Yu're tears feul my butownage.
id rather just help than take it over. :P
#3  March 19, 2009, 01:41:27 am
    • Poland
1 hit K.O. = fail

As Far I know Nappa is WIP by DGZ Team. Zerberus Dante creator of Radiitz code him. Here how he looks:

I'm not discourage you but from your describe you seems to have trouble with sprites, coding and you haven't planned gameplay. Their Nappa will hate great sprites and somewhat good gameplay... 
"If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be." The Outer Limits S04E04

"If knowledge is power and power corrupts... how will human kind ever survive?" The Outer Limits S04E16
#4  March 19, 2009, 01:41:45 am
if you want i could send you the sprite images and you could check it out... i only took bmp images and converted them to 256 pcx images. they are not really prepped tho.
#5  March 19, 2009, 01:42:13 am
  • MUGEN is so fun I hate it.
    • ememe.pl
It's not a "project" unless you will show us some screens. He can be crappy, so nobody really cares about helping you. I don't.
#6  March 19, 2009, 01:42:26 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
#7  March 19, 2009, 01:42:42 am
you know what? i love that sprite 100000 times better. If only I could custom the sound, and add a few moves myself...
#8  March 19, 2009, 01:43:09 am
  • Yu're tears feul my butownage.
WEll if someone already started one... :-X
#9  March 19, 2009, 01:43:36 am
    • ememe.pl
1 hit K.O. = fail

As Far I know Nappa is WIP by DGZ Team. Zerberus Dante creator of Radiitz code him. Here how he looks:

I'm not discourage you but from your describe you seems to have trouble with sprites and you have no idea about balanced gameplay. Their Nappa will hate great sprites and somewhat good gameplay... 
This looks like crap. :(:goi:
#10  March 19, 2009, 01:47:27 am
    • Poland
you know what? i love that sprite 100000 times better. If only I could custom the sound, and add a few moves myself...

You can as long you don't release it to public (technically you can do but I'm sure creator will be pissed.

Dark Joker leader of DGZ Team is member here. Pass your "so called" feedback to him, or make better one. Lack of proper shading don't make him suck...
"If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be." The Outer Limits S04E04

"If knowledge is power and power corrupts... how will human kind ever survive?" The Outer Limits S04E16
#11  March 19, 2009, 01:48:28 am
screenshots please
#12  March 19, 2009, 01:53:08 am
ok ive stopped my project. but if the dgzuy is listening, please reply to this. have you watched the dbz abridged series? if so, could you release a nappa like normal but in addition, make him "fire his lazor" and with permission from teamfourstar, use voice clips? that would be incredible
#13  March 19, 2009, 01:56:50 am
    • Poland
Sorry I have made you to stop your WIP . That wasn't exactly my intention. If you really want to have Nappa with specific moves don't cancel your WIP or wait for DGZ one and add moves you need by yourself. It cool as you do this for your personal use

#14  March 19, 2009, 02:01:32 am
oh dont worry. i only started this cuz i really wanted to see the char made. if somebody can do it better (which the sprite alone proves they can) then i am more happy to use theirs. however, if they dont make another one using the suggestions i posted above, i might try to edit theirs or something (with proper bibiography o course)
#15  March 19, 2009, 02:32:03 am
 --;
#16  March 19, 2009, 02:32:30 am
    • ememe.pl

You can as long you don't release it to public (technically you can do but I'm sure creator will be pissed.

Dark Joker leader of DGZ Team is member here. Pass your "so called" feedback to him, or make better one. Lack of proper shading don't make him suck...
I was just thinking out too loud. :)
#17  March 19, 2009, 11:51:26 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
:gonk: This topic is full of fail ! :gonk:
#18  March 19, 2009, 12:50:18 pm
    • www.angelfire.com/moon2/ned
Full SF sized nappa would be an awesome WIP, its too bad that you dont have the MUGEN knowledge to create him yourself, ansabhailte.

Good luck if you decide to attempt to do him (whatever the size).

#19  March 19, 2009, 05:30:25 pm
  • X Y Z
1 hit K.O. = fail

I'm not discourage you but from your describe you seems to have trouble with sprites and you have no idea about balanced gameplay. Their Nappa will hate great sprites and somewhat good gameplay... 

Not that bad...
#20  March 23, 2009, 02:06:25 am
  • "Good Day sir"
Lol i love dragonballz abridged

"Hi im Nappa and this is Vegeta. He was a prison Bitch"
---Nappa
#21  March 23, 2009, 02:10:47 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Jarek man, dont do that.
Dont go into projects that arent started and post projects claiming how they will be great incredible.
It discourages people.

A nappa with a soundset from abridged could be cool.
#22  March 23, 2009, 03:42:06 am
  • DAT SAX
An intro calling the opponent a pokemon would be great.

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)
#23  March 23, 2009, 12:38:34 pm
why dont close this thread?
#24  March 23, 2009, 06:54:43 pm
haha well Ive decided that Im going to edit the DGZ Nappa (with credit) and put in his lazor move as a final, and put in sounds. im gonna put "vegeta, look... ima firin my BLEAUWGHW!" for his lazor hyper, and i think theyre going to make the pods as an entrance like they did vgeta, so itll be "are we there yet? no are we there yet no are we there yet yes yaaaay" ive got a bunch more plannes but ima try to make this the awesomest char ever! if anybody is good at coding maybe you can email me and help me code the lazor move, and how to correlate a snd file properly. :)
#25  March 23, 2009, 07:18:08 pm
    • Poland
You decided edit something that isn't released yet ?  o_O That's something new  :sugoi:

Seriously LOL XDDDDD

#26  March 23, 2009, 07:20:42 pm
Nappa is the ultimate char! im gonna jump to work once teh char is released. haha him, then jelly jiggler, then ronald mcdonald, then BlossomD are my favorite chars lol. ah he would be so fun to use. again, im gonna need help, cause im a programming noob and i have sndmaker but i dont really know how to integrate the right sounds into the right states in the char. so please either reply to this post or email me with help thx
#27  March 23, 2009, 07:31:25 pm
    • Poland
Man I don't really want dissapoint you but I spoked with Dark Joker about that Nappa (because I'm looking forward to him too) and sadly he said they are focusing on full game project right now with involes full game features. He said they maybe release few chars for regular mugen when they're done with game. Assuming whole sprite edits and coding are time consuming I wouldn't expect game and regular versions soon.

Still good luck with whatever you want to make. Check out Library, Tutorials and help section. I'm sure they'll help you out.

#28  March 23, 2009, 07:35:41 pm
hmmm... bummer.... do you think you could ask him to release him to me when theyre done making the Nappa but without the sound? or at least just to get me the sprite sheet? i just want to make the abridged nappa, i wouldnt be doing what theyre doing. maybe they can help me out a bit?
#29  March 23, 2009, 07:39:17 pm
    • Poland
I don't know. PM him he sure reply to you.

#30  March 23, 2009, 09:21:53 pm
sorry but...
the point is you dont get nothing.
#31  March 31, 2009, 01:55:24 am
  • The Nuke Loli of Gensokyo that nuke all!
Great character looking foward for it!

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty