YesNoOk

MPAA Accuses Google of Piracy, Warns of Internet Disconnection (Read 847 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, February 12, 2011, 12:08:27 pm
Share this topic:
MPAA Accuses Google of Piracy, Warns of Internet Disconnection
#1  February 12, 2011, 12:08:27 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Says its Internet account was “identified as having been used recently to copy and/or distribute illegally” the movie “The Green Hornet” and warns the search engine giant that copyright infringement violates its ISP’s terms of service and could lead to “limitation or suspension” of its Internet service.

Somebody over at Google HQ is likely in hot water with news that the MPAA has notified the search engine giant that somebody has been using its network to illegally download and/or distribute copies of the movie “The Green Hornet.”

“You are receiving this notice because your Internet account was identified as having been used recently to copy and/or distribute illegally the copyrighted motion pictures and/or television shows listed at the bottom of this notice,” reads MediaSentry’s DMCA complaint.

It says that Google Inc. needs to perform the following in order to “prevent serious legal and other consequences.”

The steps include:

1. Stop downloading or uploading without authorization any motion pictures or TV shows owned or distributed by Columbia Pictures; and

2. Permanently delete from your computer(s) all unauthorized copies you may have already made of these movies and TV shows.

Where it gets really interesting is where it warns that Google Inc. could likely lose its Internet connection if it’s continued to be used for copyright infringing purposes.

“Copyright infringement also violates your ISP’s terms of service and could lead to limitation or suspension of your Internet service,” it says. “You should take immediate action to prevent your Internet account from being used for illegal activities.”

More details are as follows:

Infringing Work: The Green Hornet

First Found: 1 Feb 2011 03:03:26 EST (GMT -0500)

Last Found: 1 Feb 2011 03:03:26 EST (GMT -0500)

IP Address: 216.239.45.19

IP Port: 51413

Protocol: BitTorrent

Torrent InfoHash: E5C93F23D386FE006B207EF6602ACB129C65F53D

Containing file(s):

The.Green.Hornet.2010.TS.XViD-T0XiC-iNK.torrent (1,479,901,024 bytes)

Either he download the file at work or he brought in a laptop (Wi-Fi was also used) that has a BitTorrent client installed that runs on system startup, and he merely began reeseding a previously downloaded copy of “The Green Hornet.”

I’m sure Google Inc. is fine for now, but I’d bet money the employee with the IP address listed above is in some hot water.

Stay tuned.

Source: http://www.zeropaid.com/news/92580/mpaa-accuses-google-of-piracy-warns-of-internet-disconnection/
Re: MPAA Accuses Google of Piracy, Warns of Internet Disconnection
#2  February 12, 2011, 12:41:29 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Wouldn't be the first time they accused them.
#3  February 12, 2011, 06:30:59 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
But that's the only way we mexicans get our movies 8)
#4  February 12, 2011, 06:44:57 pm
  • Add-on Pro :P
    • Mexico
^ So true. Mexican versions of movies kinda suck so I download the original ones. 8)

TempesT said:
I just got back from having really hot and raw sex with sal and seph, oh my gosh they violated my body many times, IT WAS GREAT!!!!! They have many big dick and used to have sex with my sex holes! Also my armpits are strictly OFF LIMITS especially to foreign weiners.
>:)
[/center]
#5  February 12, 2011, 08:24:20 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
Our Spanish dubs suck, it's the same god damn voice actor in every movie. There's that generic guy, and that squeaky girl, and that same guy again, then the little boy that's voiced by the woman who's also playing the female lead role, then the same generic guy again.
#6  February 13, 2011, 04:00:59 pm
Our Spanish dubs suck, it's the same god damn voice actor in every movie. There's that generic guy, and that squeaky girl, and that same guy again, then the little boy that's voiced by the woman who's also playing the female lead role, then the same generic guy again.

LOL XD