YesNoOk

Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (added screenies) [hi res] (Read 8406 times)

Started by ujo, June 20, 2008, 03:36:06 am
Share this topic:

ujo

Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (added screenies) [hi res]
New #1  June 20, 2008, 03:36:06 am
i dunno if how many people actually uses the Dr4ch1R'z mvc2 screenpack.

if you dunno how it looks:  http://dr4ch1r.mgbr.net

i remember ryouwin did something like this. So i decide to do it better.

Somehow i like it alot but its limiting as its super low-res. Thus i have edited and converted the screenpack sometime ago for my personal use. Yet i still find some other things missing ...etc i'd decided to re-edit amnd decide to throw in somethings.

My progress thus far:

Video including screenpack title:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdEc9GZZvKs

(new updated!!)

Also i decided to enhance the title screen. It seems familiar. Yes EVE screenpack. So the EVE screenpack title is based on this, i assume as Dr4ch1R'z release this like in 2002? Anyway then i added EVE style into the title with edits.
For now i added the MVC3 logo from the MVC3 screenpack. This is definitely not wad i wanted so i will change it. For now i jus add in there to reduce the emptyness :X

i will use another colour for the BG, in place of the blue spiral or the blue background, to create an alternate title that still retains the mvc2 or eve title feel....

The title should need more than this. Its not final i repeat. This is just testing. I will need more ideas to get it right...

Select screen:

previously

currently

I tried to use glassbox's select frame to give it the more high resoulution feeling and guess its working great. But if i do such frames myself, i will update it to mine. For now im gonna leave it here. i need your opinions. Does it look better with the new frame or the previous? I will release a 2 version for ppl who need more slots...

As for the BF: Currently: tried using rednavi's CVS w's green tunnel sprite. To see if it looks nice. If its cnfirm i will get his permission for the use if the tunnel sprite and coding :) it does looks HR and fits.

i also added the title's lightning to the select screen. If you see carefully u can see the lightning effect. It looks good i think.

The MVC globe somehow looks 3-D due to the BG. I may keep the globe to give the MVC feeling. i will need the permission from ER's  globe.. But i cant contct him one way or another. So i guess i jus credit him shld i use it later on.

as for the cursor i like MVC3's HR 3-D cursor. that i will ask for permission first in respect. And if its an okay i will go on wif it and be final.

Loading VS screen...

i added rednavi's main menu tunnel and use it in the VS BG. It gves the HR feeling and its nice. As for this VS screen i may or may not change so as it wont totally change the screenpack. As for the tunnel BG its final if rednavi gives a okay.

Meanwhile i have sended an email to Dr4ch1R'z. While waiting for his reply. Yup. Also i intend to ask DJ-Van for permission to use his EVE title sprites. : the lightning, the black box.

Lastly this is not final. I will be adding much more bud it will based mainly on Dr4ch1R'z screenpack. So i will not be changing the whole thing. The select screen needs more touch up but i will retain the MVC feel

PS i will be adding the screenies later. For now i jus want to see opinions so to see the response, Note, this isnt jus edit and whoola done. I will require VALUABLE feedbacks Smiley to improve. Also im quite a noob and not a pro screenpack maker so i may need help. I will try to make a new MVC intro too :)

also its not jus purely editing i will try to add some of my own sprites. But currently i do not have the ability or skills to make such HR and beautiful screeen sprites and thus will use some of others. RedNavi u rock. He makes good screenpacks.

PS: after this i may do a MVC full game using this screenpack. Currently my rooster is alr done and for now im doing the screenpack. After which i will continue with the tag patching and also the custom portrait.
Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 10:55:59 pm by Titiln
Re: [hi res screenpack]Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (added screenies)
#2  June 22, 2008, 03:32:16 am
:O

That looks pretty good. Keep it up and good luck ;)
#3  June 23, 2008, 04:07:20 am

pretty awesome screenpack and i'd definitely get it if it had more character slots
#4  June 23, 2008, 04:40:01 am
  • Coffee, Chocolate and MUGEN
    • Brazil
    • www.justnopoint.com/sparta/
instead of cutting the logo from those fake shots, try recreating it. Capcom's and Marvel's logos are quite easy to find in a decent resolution and ready to use. and that 3 looks like from the arial font. with 2 minutes of photoshop (or whatever pic editting program you use), you can assemble this logo in a better way.

even tough it does not fit the rest of the screenpack

(you got everything blue and green, except of the logo which is red).
#5  June 24, 2008, 07:22:45 pm
  • Hugest mugen fan ever made
That char select screen has something from Rednavi's Capcom vs Snk W screenpack..  ;P
#6  June 25, 2008, 08:04:08 am
  • If only I had my rainbow star back -_-
    • www.myspace.com/honest_luke
I don't like it. The select screen hurts my eyes and I can't determine where the char boxes are really located. I think it's better off as char boxes having simpler borders.
It's true that if you own a PS3 then all arguments made by those who don't have one are invalid.

ujo

Re: [hi res screenpack]Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (updated! New title screen and video)
#7  June 27, 2008, 03:38:27 pm
Reply to u guys :)

That char select screen has something from Rednavi's Capcom vs Snk W screenpack..  ;P

yup. It based on it. :)

I don't like it. The select screen hurts my eyes and I can't determine where the char boxes are really located. I think it's better off as char boxes having simpler borders.

pretty awesome screenpack and i'd definitely get it if it had more character slots

Anyway for people who needs more slots, i will be doing an additional select. (see the same select screen) with the MVC pink select boxs and for does who doesn't like the personal select, u can use the pink version with small and clear borders, plus more slots.

instead of cutting the logo from those fake shots, try recreating it. Capcom's and Marvel's logos are quite easy to find in a decent resolution and ready to use. and that 3 looks like from the arial font. with 2 minutes of photoshop (or whatever pic editting program you use), you can assemble this logo in a better way.

even tough it does not fit the rest of the screenpack

(you got everything blue and green, except of the logo which is red).

Thanks dude :) But im no photshop pro u see. If someone can do one i will credit anyway im looking for help too! Oh i changed the select pls see video (link above) the select is simple and i think its nice to match the select. Need opinions