Started by Makkah, July 08, 2010, 07:31:19 pm
Share this topic:
Iori
#1  July 08, 2010, 07:31:19 pm
  • Humanity can be so much more
    • Jamaica
    • https://network.mugenguild.com/makkah/
Oook, how many years has it been now? ;P

Anyway, I've been seriously working on Iori for the past week or so. I've pretty much started from scratch so that I could get him up to a standard similar to Sagat's. For those of you that remember the old WIP, the biggest change here is that he no longer chains similarly to the DS or VS games. Instead I'm giving him his CvS2 combos as well as a couple juggles where I see fit.

What's done
---------------------
-All the boring stuff - required anims, sprites, sounds etc
-A complete overhaul of his collisions and aforementioned anim timings
-Revised practically every vel and cornerpush value
-All basic attacks
-All command attacks
-Oni Yaki, Yami Barai, Aoi Hana special attacks

What's left
----------------
-Kototsuke
-Kuzu Kaze
-EX Moves (Still thinking about a couple of them)
-Super Moves
-AI (ugh)
-ROTB Mode
-Some other stuff I probably forgot

I'd like to add Saika and his LDM from 2k3, but I'm terrible at editing kof sprites into cvs :P. Anyway...

Screenies!!

Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 09:06:11 pm by Makkah
Re: Iori
#2  July 08, 2010, 07:35:57 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
GREAT !!! :D

Try to find Viofitz' edits, if you aren't using them already. Anjel's Iori might have them as well.
And I want the EX moves to be more than simple powered up versions of the special moves, me wants more hits and attributes (wall bouncing, invincibility, etc.)
#3  July 08, 2010, 07:53:23 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I'd like to add Saika and his LDM from 2k3, but I'm terrible at editing kof sprites into cvs :P. Anyway...
Perhaps you could use some of the sprites from the Level 1 version of Kin 1211 Shiki: Ya Otome?

Not exactly the same, but it's the same concept; Iori holding the opponent while enveloping them in flames.

Oh, and this is kinda off topic, but what exactly is the difference between San Shingi no Ni (KOF03 LDM) and Sanshin Waza Korefutatsu (KOFXI LDM)? Aside from some move properties and the in 03 the flame column changes colors from purple to crimson as the move finishes, they are exactly the same.

Back on topic: I am eagerly awaiting this!  ;D
#4  July 08, 2010, 08:27:36 pm
    • Jamaica
Perhaps you could use some of the sprites from the Level 1 version of Kin 1211 Shiki: Ya Otome?
I dunno, that's a lot less epic IMO. :-\

Oh, and this is kinda off topic, but what exactly is the difference between San Shingi no Ni (KOF03 LDM) and Sanshin Waza Korefutatsu (KOFXI LDM)? Aside from some move properties and the in 03 the flame column changes colors from purple to crimson as the move finishes, they are exactly the same.
Truth be told I've yet to play XI. Every time I intend to order it for my ps2 I buy an RPG instead. :P Mostly because I'm really the only one in the house who plays video games these days. Buuut based on what I've seen on youtube and stuff they're practically the same thing.

Back on topic: I am eagerly awaiting this! ;D
Thanks :D. I'm eagerly awaiting your Chun Li as well. Maybe you could make her react to him in a special intro? His name will be IoriMG.

GREAT !!! :D

Try to find Viofitz' edits, if you aren't using them already. Anjel's Iori might have them as well.
And I want the EX moves to be more than simple powered up versions of the special moves, me wants more hits and attributes (wall bouncing, invincibility, etc.)

lol ok, I'll try to make the EX moves a bit more meaningful. I was thinking 1 layer of super armour on Aoi Hana, faster and additional damage for kotosuke (he's charge them up and toss them into the air for them to explode), and yami barai would be extremely volatile when it connects with something (the explosion would hit anyone standing too close to it even if detonated by another projectile). Oni Yaki is still kinda iffy. It would look cheesy to tak extra hits on it when there are clearly only 3 attacking frames. I'm thinking of having him grab p2, spin them around and toss them away if it connects on the ground. Thoughts?

Oh yeah, and I already have viofitz's edits. I'll probably put them to use in ROTB mode.

#5  July 08, 2010, 08:37:31 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman

Truth be told I've yet to play XI. Every time I intend to order it for my ps2 I buy an RPG instead. :P Mostly because I'm really the only one in the house who plays video games these days. Buuut based on what I've seen on youtube and stuff they're practically the same thing.
I've played both, and they're exactly the same, aside from the previously mentioned move properties and the color thing. I was just curious as to why it warranted a name change.

Thanks :D. I'm eagerly awaiting your Chun Li as well. Maybe you could make her react to him in a special intro? His name will be IoriMG.
Well, maybe not a special intro; in CvS2, Chun-Li has an intro against evil characters, and that includes Iori. So I'll add "IoriMG" to the enemy names that trigger that intro.
#6  July 08, 2010, 08:38:56 pm
    • Jamaica
Well, maybe not a special intro; in CvS2, Chun-Li has an intro against evil characters, and that includes Iori. So I'll add "IoriMG" to the enemy names that trigger that intro.
Yeah, that's what I meant. :)
#7  July 08, 2010, 09:07:52 pm
  • Currently working in 8 bits...
    • Sweden
You know what would be a very interesting move in making a new Iori?

Making him XII styled, ofcourse with some more (non flame) moves... oh and his XII costume too. I know that I would require an insane amount of spriting but I think it would even out in the end. :)
#8  July 08, 2010, 09:09:33 pm
  • Fuck You.
lol
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
#9  July 08, 2010, 09:25:14 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
lol kof12. A palette will be enough to remind us that it exists.
#10  July 08, 2010, 09:35:22 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
If he's gonna have Bloom of the Wolf, what pillar effects do you plan on using?

And maybe for example the EX Dark Thrust could be like the Maximum Impact Strong punch version where he throws 2
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#11  July 09, 2010, 03:47:41 am
  • That's awesome!
    • Canada
After you finish your Iori, will you update Sagat? And maybe some 1.0 features for
Iori and Sagat? (winquotes, AILevel, and cond?)
#12  July 09, 2010, 04:26:18 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
for his ex rekkas you could use Mature's ex slicey things from xiii as a reference, where it hits six times instead of three.

And for EX DP+P you could have it function like Kyo's from that same game, same for hcb+k.
#13  July 09, 2010, 05:11:28 am
  • Me Bouncy
    • USA
    • runningwildwolf@gmail.com
    • http://youtube.com/runningwildvidya
Yay, another Iori, with CvS Sprites.
[size=1pt]Like we don't have enough of those already. But he'll have OMG EX MOVES, so he's unique, right?[/size]
#14  July 09, 2010, 06:04:41 am
    • Jamaica
I see that you're trying to be a smart ass but you're only achieving the latter. Go bitch somewhere else. :)

You know what would be a very interesting move in making a new Iori?

Making him XII styled, ofcourse with some more (non flame) moves... oh and his XII costume too. I know that I would require an insane amount of spriting but I think it would even out in the end. :)

I'm sorry, but that's not very feasible at all. :P

If he's gonna have Bloom of the Wolf, what pillar effects do you plan on using?

And maybe for example the EX Dark Thrust could be like the Maximum Impact Strong punch version where he throws 2
I was thinking of editing the ones from kof to make them fit the current style as best I can. I was actually thinking of having him throw 2 Yami Barais as well. I'll do some experimenting and see what works out the best.

After you finish your Iori, will you update Sagat? And maybe some 1.0 features for
Iori and Sagat? (winquotes, AILevel, and cond?)
Yup :)

for his ex rekkas you could use Mature's ex slicey things from xiii as a reference, where it hits six times instead of three.

And for EX DP+P you could have it function like Kyo's from that same game, same for hcb+k.

Thanks for the suggestion I'll look into it and see how it works out. :)
#15  July 09, 2010, 06:49:16 am
    • USA
To elaborate, the ex version of Kyo's hcb+k in XIII is totally unblockable, and his DP has greater range cause the fire spreads out more.
#16  July 09, 2010, 07:00:40 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
If you're going to include the jumping claw special as well, the EX version could have him perform a flaming version of his Forward+LP attack.

As for the two Dark Thrusts, I remember in MI2 at least that the SP version was short ranged. I guess if they were multi hit they could be short ranged as well.

If you can't manage to edit the KOF Wolf Bloom effects, you could always recolour the fire effects from Kouma Kishima.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#17  July 09, 2010, 07:17:51 am
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
Needs more:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#18  July 09, 2010, 07:18:14 am
    • USA
You know, now that I think about it Kyo in XIII is fireball Kyo too, so you could use his projectile as a reference for EX moves as well. 
#19  July 09, 2010, 08:57:53 am
#20  July 09, 2010, 09:04:51 am
    • Chile
wow, nice Small portrait

U can use my Iori`s sprite, wich have colour separation and some edits - like Shiki Saika - it`s very accurate but can serve as base.

Ni ce project, see ya