YesNoOk

Project Catch 'Em All (Read 753805 times)

Started by Ryon, September 12, 2013, 02:52:20 am
Share this topic:
Re: Project Catch 'Em All
#61  September 15, 2013, 04:42:02 am
yeah tried the uno tag after I suggested it and it destroyed the game where it was unplayable.  an alternative I was thinking that would fix this is have a similiar system as the may beta released character but after but have a kill switch like some boss characters that after each pokemon dies it takes out some of the healthbar.  so lets say 6 pokemon and one dies it takes out 1/6th.  then put moral under the healthbar to make more sense.  then to fix the different trainer aspect you can have the sprites for all the different kind of trainers you decide to have in game and give them their own grouping section in each pokemon, so when you switch to a different pokemon you don't switch the trainer as well

may example:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S2fnA5_iWs

of coarse that would only apply to the 2vs.2 +  matches since I don't believe there's another way to select several pokemon unless it's a game of preset trainers with there own set of pokemon
Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 04:46:00 am by ferretsshadow
#62  September 15, 2013, 05:14:13 am
  • "The Future is Now"
I hate to tell you this but the answer is No.

Please stop asking for a pokemon tag system or whatever you want to call it.
Coding wise its very complicated and it would take more work than pleasure.
It would kill the project for us.

Do you remember the days when pokemon were simple but awesome 1 on 1 matchs? none of that 2 on 2, or 3 on 3 stuff?
Well thats what I had in mind, a 1 on 1 match.

And its going to stay that way, so PLEASE stop asking about a tag or 2on2 system.

We are not adding it.
#63  September 15, 2013, 05:15:44 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Ok.
Chilling
#64  September 15, 2013, 06:14:03 am
I wasn't trying to push it so I apologize if it comes off that way, just trying to suggest work arounds but since you're not interested the game as is is just as good.  although I must contradict the last statement.  pokemon has always been a battle of multiple pokemon per trainer switching out in one on one fights switching between pokemon for the most effective against the types they are facing. a battle of strategy to be the best trainer and make it to the top while stopping any evil organizations that comes their way.  it's the premise of the story, it has been since the old days and still is although all be it they now have it were multiple pokemon fight at the same time which I believe you are under the impression that that was what I was implying which it was not.  I'm also not trying to get you to do this system since you don't want to put it in so don't take my following statement as such, but imagine the old days with your pkm blue/red and you got you're starter pokemon and made it all the way through the game beating mewtwo and all with just your starter in every fight... I don't know about everybody else but in the old days when pokemon first started it was unthinkable. although pokemon back then didn't have such badass fights as your game does lol xD
Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 06:23:50 am by ferretsshadow
#65  September 15, 2013, 12:11:29 pm
Can anyone upload this somewhere other than MF? I know it's pretty much the choice website, but it seems to be acting up on my place (Or maybe my whole country since the downloads are still slow even in other computers and networks I've tried)
Maybe Uploaded, I really wanna try this game.

(Quick Questions, what's your probable roster limit for the game? What generations are you planning on having? Will this be a community project in which anyone can submit their own and all you have to do is check them if they work? Will there be Female Trainers? How about Generic Trainers? Like Bug Catcher for Bug Pokemon, Brock on Onix, or Misty on Sea King? How the hell are you gonna even incorporate Water Pokemon?)
#66  September 15, 2013, 02:06:11 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
I wasn't trying to push it so I apologize if it comes off that way, just trying to suggest work arounds but since you're not interested the game as is is just as good.  although I must contradict the last statement.  pokemon has always been a battle of multiple pokemon per trainer switching out in one on one fights switching between pokemon for the most effective against the types they are facing. a battle of strategy to be the best trainer and make it to the top while stopping any evil organizations that comes their way.  it's the premise of the story, it has been since the old days and still is although all be it they now have it were multiple pokemon fight at the same time which I believe you are under the impression that that was what I was implying which it was not.  I'm also not trying to get you to do this system since you don't want to put it in so don't take my following statement as such, but imagine the old days with your pkm blue/red and you got you're starter pokemon and made it all the way through the game beating mewtwo and all with just your starter in every fight... I don't know about everybody else but in the old days when pokemon first started it was unthinkable. although pokemon back then didn't have such badass fights as your game does lol xD

Well, you certainly make a valid point. That, I cannot deny. However, the general manageability will be thrown out the window if we go down that route. Personally, I like the idea, but I'd be the one coding it, lol. I'm not sure how it would work cleanly. If you'd like to continue talking about it, PM me. I don't want to mention it anymore unless it becomes a possibility.

Can anyone upload this somewhere other than MF? I know it's pretty much the choice website, but it seems to be acting up on my place (Or maybe my whole country since the downloads are still slow even in other computers and networks I've tried)
Maybe Uploaded, I really wanna try this game.

(Quick Questions, what's your probable roster limit for the game? What generations are you planning on having? Will this be a community project in which anyone can submit their own and all you have to do is check them if they work? Will there be Female Trainers? How about Generic Trainers? Like Bug Catcher for Bug Pokemon, Brock on Onix, or Misty on Sea King? How the hell are you gonna even incorporate Water Pokemon?)
Those other trainers would have to be sprited in the style of Red and Gold. We're limited by our resources. We can't sprite, neither one of us. Water pokemon would behave like Blastoise. They can be out of water for the most part, unless it's a fish or something. The limit is the amount of usable sprites that Johsr made. Yes, that's how collaboration will work. Do your best and follow the rules and after I review your work, we'll add it to the game, or send it back with feedback on things to fix, etc.

-[Все слова это только слова.]-
#67  September 15, 2013, 03:32:27 pm
thanks for letting me know I'm not crazy.  it's not the the same as having six pokemon per trainer like in the games. but with a little trail and error, thanks to the guys in coding help reminding me where it was, I changed the rounds to one instead of two.  this way when your pokemon faints you can switch to which ever pokemon you want, and is true to source healthwise for the pokemon
#68  September 15, 2013, 03:57:40 pm
  • "The Future is Now"
Is anyone else having trouble with the download link?
#69  September 15, 2013, 05:38:14 pm
  • (o.O)!
  • MadkaT Was Here
    • Guernsey
    • a@b.xxx
    • Skype - admin
    • network.mugenguild.com/madkat
I've changed the perspective of the sprites, this will be ok?

Seems nice for me  :P
<- Foros Mugen en español. And also English forums.
#70  September 15, 2013, 05:40:53 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
Yes, it's a lot better, but the shadow doesn't look right. You should stretch it more, so it looks like it's actually on that surface.

#71  September 15, 2013, 06:17:21 pm
Excellent work, Ryon and Алексей! While certain Pokemon are OP (coughskarmorycough), overall the game is quite polished. I especially love that it involves some strategy, particularly with timing weak attacks to counter the enemy and follow up with a strong attack.

Looking forward to future updates!  :yippi:
#72  September 15, 2013, 06:18:54 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
Thanks! A newly nerfed Skarmory will be in the next update. I've changed up Fly's mechanics a bit and increased the ATB recovery rate on most attacks. :)

#73  September 15, 2013, 06:48:23 pm
  • (o.O)!
  • MadkaT Was Here
    • Guernsey
    • a@b.xxx
    • Skype - admin
Is this shadow ok? :P or should i use a positive value? Actually is -.75

#74  September 15, 2013, 06:51:32 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
It doesn't look much different. The idea is to stretch the shadow back and "up" so it looks like it's on the ground. Try to match the way the ground looks. Trial and error. :)

FYI: You can take a screenshot with F12 instead of having to crop it.

#75  September 15, 2013, 07:31:26 pm
  • (o.O)!
  • MadkaT Was Here
    • Guernsey
    • a@b.xxx
    • Skype - admin
Ohh I got It!, Something like this?

#76  September 15, 2013, 07:32:04 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
Yes, much better.

#77  September 15, 2013, 08:39:01 pm
  • (o.O)!
  • MadkaT Was Here
    • Guernsey
    • a@b.xxx
    • Skype - admin
One more to see

This one lacks of anims :(

The others have scrolling of the clouds :P
#78  September 15, 2013, 08:44:07 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
Hmm, not sure what's goin' on in this one, lol. The shadows should be reversed though because the light source is far back, in the sky.

Question: These are made already? If so, could you PM me some links?

#79  September 15, 2013, 08:52:52 pm
Looks great there man. İ can' wait to see how mine will look in game.
#80  September 15, 2013, 08:54:17 pm
  • (o.O)!
  • MadkaT Was Here
    • Guernsey
    • a@b.xxx
    • Skype - admin
Yes, the shadows are reversed :P Now I've fixed them

Of course, let me upload the 2 stages that i have completed ;)