YesNoOk

Changing lifebars colours depending of the life?? It is possible?? (Read 1919 times)

Started by Basara Lapis, August 01, 2011, 10:44:35 pm
Share this topic:
Changing lifebars colours depending of the life?? It is possible??
#1  August 01, 2011, 10:44:35 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/

As all you know, I'm not just making CF 63 1/3 chars (Earthworm Jim is the first one), also i'm making the lifebars from this game. But there you start your lifebar in green, when it comes to 2nd round, it comes yellow, and when you reach 20-30%, it comes red.

My question is: It's possible to change the colour of the lifebars with the life of the player?? I got the 3 lifebars already added in the SFF (green, yellow and red) and I wanted to change during the round (started to green, yellow at 50% and red at 20%) but I can't change it, I know this could be possible via codes, but the ones I used didn't work...

Someone has some idea to reach it or definitively it's impossible??

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
Re: Changing lifebars colours depending of the life?? It is possible??
#2  August 01, 2011, 10:48:44 pm
    • USA
Only if the lifebars are coded as explod/helpers inside the char. Via fight.def is not possible.
#3  August 02, 2011, 12:30:12 am
  • Smart Icoca wannabe!
    • Poland
    • samouczek.com/
Actually for this to make sence it would have to coded in a full game, basically the whole lifebar would have to coded into a character since the envshake would shake the colored part and the lifebar would stayed pinned to the screen. At least for now since mugen 1.1 allows to pin helper / explod to a specific part of the screen without the shake effect (considering it will ever get released) I have this problem with my Ibuki where I have a static lifebar and a guardbar and custom power bar placed beneath lifebar and everytime there a screenshake it looks plain stupid! :(
Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 12:33:33 am by WooshaQ
#4  August 02, 2011, 12:35:10 am
    • USA
...And that's why you code the whole lifebars, including the BGs and FGs as helpers and explods, so they shake in the same manner.

Oh well... Atleast 1.1 got rid of that but their lifebars coding is still the same thing.
#5  August 02, 2011, 12:41:44 am
  • Smart Icoca wannabe!
    • Poland
    • samouczek.com/
This all boils down to the point that mugen need better screenpack / lifebar / victory screen customization! PERIOD!
#6  August 02, 2011, 10:41:38 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Shit... just as I thought :-\

Well, I think I attached to the original plan with these lifebars... thanks for your answer :)

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X