YesNoOk

[HIGH RES] Capcom VS SNK2 "Capcom" Portrait Pack (Read 34912 times)

Started by Saikoro, October 31, 2011, 06:56:17 pm
Share this topic:
Re: [HIGH RES] Capcom VS SNK2 "Capcom" Portrait Pack [MvC2 Preview!!]
#21  December 01, 2011, 07:28:01 am
I'm not sure but I  believe you can find cable over at cvgunited
#22  December 01, 2011, 06:07:30 pm
hi man

mugen created by me with their portraits
I did the small portraits using the same portraits  ;D

I want to ask you something

you will also make portraits third strike?

see how they are similar to cvs

You can download all the portraits in high quality on this site http://www.streetfighter.com/finishme/
down there by clicking on the characters

they are really nice too! think about it

#23  December 01, 2011, 07:18:48 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
:pwnonk:

So you used my artwork to make those facial portraits?? NICE!! You did a fantastic job here. I would have never thought to make small ones like that. Sweet deal!! :lugoi:

Guile also looks dumbfounded by the clarity your faces provide.  ;D

Also, I do plan on releasing SF3 portraits down the road utilizing Third Strike's art direction. The Hugo you presented shows off Capcoms "Remix" art made for TS: Online. I personally hate those pieces and will instead go with TS' original artwork. I actually made those already, but in low resolution. The link is:

http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=135683.0
(This is the same link as provided in my signature)

I bundled them in with my SvC Chaos pack. I'm using these two styles again for my high resolution releases. Here's my projected Capcom release lineup:

Marvel VS Capcom 2 (currently on #8)
Street Fighter Alpha
Street Fighter 3
Street Fighter 2
Street Fighter
Pocket Fighter
Darkstalkers
Cyberbots

Progress is slow, but amazing. I want to start a WIP thread soon to show what's already been made. They look killer.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#24  December 01, 2011, 08:18:01 pm
Also, I do plan on releasing SF3 portraits down the road utilizing Third Strike's art direction. The Hugo you presented shows off Capcoms "Remix" art made for TS: Online. I personally hate those pieces and will instead go with TS' original artwork.

You mean this?

http://fightingstreet.com/folders/artworkfolder/artworkpages/sf_art_pages/sfiii_art_pages/sfiii3s_art_pages/sfiii3s_portsprites.html

I bundled them in with my SvC Chaos pack. I'm using these two styles again for my high resolution releases. Here's my projected Capcom release lineup:

Marvel VS Capcom 2 (currently on #8)
Street Fighter Alpha
Street Fighter 3
Street Fighter 2
Street Fighter
Pocket Fighter
Darkstalkers
Cyberbots

Progress is slow, but amazing. I want to start a WIP thread soon to show what's already been made. They look killer.

I do not understand, those are the ones you plan to do in high resolution?  o_O

but has high-resolution sprites all these games?

#25  December 01, 2011, 08:38:21 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
While those select screen portraits are good, I'm planning on using these as they are my favorites:

I'm for more of a darker look to my art direction. I also like to aim for more underutilized artwork, stuff that you don't see to much of even though they rock.

Lastly, what I mean by "High Resolution" is Mugen's native resolution. As listed previously, Mugen's regular portrait size is low resolution which includes 120x140 pixels with 72 dots per inch. My portraits are high resolution which include 240x280 pixels with 300 dots per inch. The difference in clarity is amazing as my portraits are twice the size of the norm, kinda like the difference between WinMugen's 320x240 resolution and Mugen 1.0's 640x480 resolution.

I don't think I've ever used the word resolution so much in a paragraph. Did I clarify things for you??

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 08:43:11 pm by Saikoro
#26  December 01, 2011, 08:43:48 pm
This portraits contribution is excellent, it's always a freakin pain in the butt to do it yourself. I'm glad someone took care of it. That looks very clean. Good job and thank you.
My stages exhibition
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO2YZO7ut5I

Find them at: http://www.trinitymugen.net/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=cat294

You are free to use the materials in the stages I released before 2014. Credits are always appreciated.
#27  December 01, 2011, 09:25:13 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
This portraits contribution is excellent, it's always a freakin pain in the butt to do it yourself. I'm glad someone took care of it. That looks very clean. Good job and thank you.

Thanks Jean. Seeing positive remarks makes me proud. As I've said before, hearing good feedback makes the sometimes mind numbing editing worth it.

#28  December 02, 2011, 07:05:18 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
#29  December 02, 2011, 08:56:06 pm
  • Mugenite
    • www.freewebs.com/mangalegend
I respect you as a creator and I'm an all round nice guy so I'm thinking of using these.

Will these work effectively if my resolution is set to 640*480? Good work by the way

Much appreciated Z.

The only way these will work is if you set your portrait scaling to .5 using the standard 640 by 480 localcoord. I actually haven't tested them in higher resolutions yet, but I would assume that the scaling would change as I stuck with the commonly used standard.

I'm going to soon post a preview thread to showcase what's to come.  :sugoi:

Call me dumb but you'll have to explain what scaling to .5 would entail. I used to do a lot of portrait exchanging in old Mugen.

My favourite was Fallen Vega but I won't take credit for something I found in the Infantry portrait submission thread.

I essentially change characters portraits I either hate or ones that double up, it looks like I may have to do for characters who don't have winscreen portraits too.

Reu's Evil Ken seems to missing one of those.
I rock

#30  December 02, 2011, 09:51:28 pm
^ scaling by .5 means opening the system.def going to the area were the select screen is coded and enter:

portrait.scale = .5,.5
#31  December 02, 2011, 10:35:24 pm
  • Mugenite
Would this mess up the rest of the portraits or anything?, I'm new with 1.0 you see.

You seem pretty clued up on this you see, just out of curiousity, what would happen if I applied these without scaling or anything?

Just took a portrait and straight replaced it?, would it wind up stupidly big or just not appear?

Stupid questions but you don't learn anything unless you enquire.
I rock

Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 10:41:31 pm by Zantetsuken
#32  December 02, 2011, 10:47:25 pm
it would be stupidly big, but if you did scale all the old portraits would become smaller so you use these and other portraits of the same size
#33  December 02, 2011, 11:24:29 pm
  • Mugenite
That is a shame, readding 2000 portraits would take far too long if thats why I would have to do.
I rock

#34  December 03, 2011, 06:30:23 am
yeah but it's worth having a game that looks great in the end, and besides imagine how long it takes us, the guys who make them, to create and replace them  o_O
#35  December 03, 2011, 05:55:06 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
yeah but it's worth having a game that looks great in the end, and besides imagine how long it takes us, the guys who make them, to create and replace them  o_O

Time. I wish I had more freakin' time!! I'm certainly going to release everything as planned, but my conversion process is taking a long time. Boneclaw Wolverine is 90% done, but it took a literal 4 hours of pixel editing between 5 days. Also, I've looked into some shortcuts using the magic wand tool, but use of it is too generalized (too many pixels are selected at the same time) so all of my editing has to be done by hand. It's like I'm making all new artwork from scratch.

If you're going to make CvS2 portraits

not really, those are by a totally different artist. If you want to start with SF3 characters, I'd suggest the art in New Generation and Second Impact because Kinu (the artist for CvS2 and Cannon Spike) did those.

http://sfgalleries.net/art/sf3/sf3/series1/

Fine, fine choices J, but my concern is matching pieces for my entire subsets of rosters. Second Impact is misissing a few characters from Third Strike, so portraits for those characters would be different. I want a unified look for everyone. And honestly, if I had more free time and a quicker conversion process, I'd easily make portraits for every iteration of every popular title. Balance.... Curse you!!  :S

#36  December 03, 2011, 10:49:33 pm
  • Mugenite
These are even better than what is in CvS2 which is really good considering it is the same artwork.
I rock

Re: [HIGH RES] Capcom VS SNK2 "Capcom" Portrait Pack
#37  April 06, 2012, 12:28:15 am
  • ||X|||
Freaking awesome! Thanx Saikoro. You rule!
Re: [HIGH RES] Capcom VS SNK2 "Capcom" Portrait Pack
#38  April 06, 2012, 12:49:59 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Freaking awesome! Thanx Saikoro. You rule!

Much appreciated!! I'm glad forum goers are still utilizing my work. I'm coming upon the completion of my Marvel VS Capcom 2 "Capcom" set. With school and work, my progress has slowed a bit, but not stopped. I should be done with this set come the end of April. Then it's onto Street Fighter 2, Alpha 3 and Third Strike.

:sugoi: