YesNoOk

Bloodbane - Update (8/8/09) (Read 23318 times)

Started by DEMAN, March 01, 2009, 06:10:41 am
Share this topic:
Re: Bloodbane - Release [Valkyrie Profile]
#21  March 04, 2009, 02:33:32 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
That :
but would add a defensive move where he pushes back his opponent (such as MVC guard push or Choujin's Cell's Energy Field).

This would give him time to prepare his attacks.

With which char can you keep landing perfect on him ? Not that I fought him a lot, but using a grappler such as Clark or Ralf, or even KFM, it's not so easy.
#22  March 04, 2009, 04:26:39 pm
  • Foolish, but learning.
After I test it my self

I find that ... he god dame too weak !!

if anyone don't get perfect when fight him, then he/she have to restart play Fighting game all over again  :P

yeah if u try to hit him and then he dodge, he will be unhitable for a short time and he might beable to hit us.

So I just stand in front of him. Stand there any wait ... when he try to attack I kick him!! yeah very simple just do that over and over again he have no way to fight back  --;

So I ask you guy for an idea

what should I do to give him a chance to fight back?

Something to draw them in or drive them away.  Use his 'victory' animation for some of of pushback breath that gets him back to normal quickly.  Maybe a charge of some sort that gives him extra speed on his next attack.

Maybe speed up his spells so they can draw the enemy in.  They're ALMOST fast enough to come out before an enemy hits him-at present they're about 50/50.  Prismatic Missle's good, since it shows up earlier, and is independent of you.  Can screw up people.  Oh, and at the minute, he has no hope of getting heal off.

One thing though-all he NEEDS is that 'one attack'.  His x attack is his fastest and has large range, and brings a massively long stun-regardless of blocking, due to Guard Crush.  And wouldn't you know it, his dodge gives him enough time to get one out-If it fails, the pushback means he's got a chance to try it, or any other attack again(Flame's the best option), or he can try to dodge-and-smack again.  Once they're helpless, hit them with whatever-flame's the best bet, which sets up for a Gravity Blessing thanks to insane power gain.  If he hasn't enough for it then, they'll still be recovering from the first one and pushed to the edge of the arena, which means you can flame/do whatever AGAIN.

Make him do that dodge-x business when CPU-controlled, I'm pretty sure his chances of success grow massively.  It certainly does when using him.

Oh, and though it's been mentioned-MAKE DAMM SURE YOU MAKE GRAVITY BLESSING TAKE ALL POWER!  As it is now, after the move, if the opponent is not dead, you can smack them when they're on the ground.  This gives you enough power to cast Gravity Blessing again, and the hit-stun is enough to ensure it comes out, despite the time-delay on consecutive castings.  Which is pretty sure to kill all but the hardiest, and of course, you can keep doing it...

About the only one these tricks don't work on is Bloodbane himself.
\"So you have chosen....death.\"-Saruman.
Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 05:56:39 pm by Bloodly
#23  March 04, 2009, 06:27:17 pm
After I test it my self

I find that ... he god dame too weak !!

if anyone don't get perfect when fight him, then he/she have to restart play Fighting game all over again  :P

yeah if u try to hit him and then he dodge, he will be unhitable for a short time and he might beable to hit us.

So I just stand in front of him. Stand there any wait ... when he try to attack I kick him!! yeah very simple just do that over and over again he have no way to fight back  --;

So I ask you guy for an idea

what should I do to give him a chance to fight back?

Something to draw them in or drive them away.  Use his 'victory' animation for some of of pushback breath that gets him back to normal quickly.  Maybe a charge of some sort that gives him extra speed on his next attack.

Maybe speed up his spells so they can draw the enemy in.  They're ALMOST fast enough to come out before an enemy hits him-at present they're about 50/50.  Prismatic Missle's good, since it shows up earlier, and is independent of you.  Can screw up people.  Oh, and at the minute, he has no hope of getting heal off.

One thing though-all he NEEDS is that 'one attack'.  His x attack is his fastest and has large range, and brings a massively long stun-regardless of blocking, due to Guard Crush.  And wouldn't you know it, his dodge gives him enough time to get one out-If it fails, the pushback means he's got a chance to try it, or any other attack again(Flame's the best option), or he can try to dodge-and-smack again.  Once they're helpless, hit them with whatever-flame's the best bet, which sets up for a Gravity Blessing thanks to insane power gain.  If he hasn't enough for it then, they'll still be recovering from the first one and pushed to the edge of the arena, which means you can flame/do whatever AGAIN.

Make him do that dodge-x business when CPU-controlled, I'm pretty sure his chances of success grow massively.  It certainly does when using him.

Oh, and though it's been mentioned-MAKE DAMM SURE YOU MAKE GRAVITY BLESSING TAKE ALL POWER!  As it is now, after the move, if the opponent is not dead, you can smack them when they're on the ground.  This gives you enough power to cast Gravity Blessing again, and the hit-stun is enough to ensure it comes out, despite the time-delay on consecutive castings.  Which is pretty sure to kill all but the hardiest, and of course, you can keep doing it...

About the only one these tricks don't work on is Bloodbane himself.

I agree. he needs something to blow the enemies back

as for more villains someone mentioned Hrist, Loki, and Surt

I'll add Barbarossa,
#24  March 05, 2009, 02:09:05 am
  • Origin of Darkness
    • www.freewebs.com/demandforce/
wow the great king Barbarossa well he have to get in line. but yeah now he on the line  ;D

first off u can get perfect from any char . just don't attack untill he attack so he dodge have no meaning.

and guard push won't help anything because I just wait untill he attack so it not the matter of his defensive ability.

all his spell has the same speed. they all will come out at AnimElem 14 and then they will be independent from bloodbane.

about dodge. it can't dodge hyper move. so try that or just wait untill he attack.

I really don't want to give him any fast attack  :-\ so I will have to think about that
I'll work on his weakness some how.

anyway let try this update patch

http://www.esnips.com/doc/d875a222-f4fa-47c5-834d-9e4a0212647c/BloodbanePatchA1

Update
- Adjust Diseased Tempest push back ablility
- His power no longer stop dropping when he get hit
- Decrease Dragonic Flame power add
- Decrease Diseased Tempest's damage
- Gravity Blessing will only be use when Life drop to 50% or less
+ Adjust Gravity Blessing effect and liedown time
+ Fix Guard Crush not let it show, if it hit something with enemy that guarding
+ Increase Fire Lance and Prismiatic Missile's poweradd
+ Increase Sacred Javelin's damage

† Today you beg for your life, but one day you will beg me for your death †
#25  March 05, 2009, 08:45:38 am
  • Foolish, but learning.
just don't attack untill he attack so he dodge have no meaning

So have him wait till someone attacks.  I say it again; his dodge invincibility is long enough that it will allow him to get a swipe in if he strikes immediately.  I've tested it multiple times, vs A.I, v.s myself in training(Controlling both sides, striking as fast as possible with both sides)-it ALWAYS works; the enemy cannot get an attack through before the swipe hits.  I wouldn't bring it up in regards to making him harder if I wasn't speaking from experience.  It is perfectly possible for Bloodbane to take minimal damage, or get perfects of his own if you get the timing down right(A.I. doesn't have the same issues a human would with timing), and he's got enough HP that you/he can afford to wait/learn.  You WILL get them eventually-it's only a matter of time.

If you honestly want to make him harder, have him (ab)use that aspect as a player would, since he can dodge almost everything.  It means rush-down will be punished, and badly.  If you really want to be evil, allow him to dodge FORWARDS(Through the opponent?  Stranger things have happened), so the enemy has less ability to back off from his claws.  I can see it clearly.  He's not doing much, you move in-dodge, counter, burned.  You back off, you're flamed, or magic'd, or worse Tempested.  In all cases, the pace is his-as slow as he is.

The only reason he seems weak right now is that he's using the bad default MUGEN A.I; attacking fairly randomly.
Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 09:15:41 am by Bloodly
#26  March 05, 2009, 10:08:18 am
  • Origin of Darkness
u just don't get it  :P

then I won't attack it ether win or draw  :P

even with best AI in the world as he is right now he have no chance against me.

I will just stand next to him and wait. if he wait for me to attack, then I won't attack.
and when he try to attack I will kick him, as slow as he is even he move first I still can hit him fisrt.
or I just do Power Charge and hit him with hyper move that he can't dodge.

and this is the problem that need to fix, it have nothing to do with dodge ability.
It his offensive that need some help. what should I do to give him a chance to attack first ,if his enemy don't attack him.

#27  March 05, 2009, 10:38:29 am
  • Foolish, but learning.
That presumes the prescence of Power Charge.  Sure, it's fairly common, but it's not with everyone.  Heck, your own Shadow Geist and Skullomania don't, and are thus entirely screwed against him.  Regardless...Possibilities:

1.Make your offence spells a better option: Make them come out earlier in the animation.  And/Or use the 'Victory' animation for his spellcast, rather than the long animation you have now. That would give you a swifter option for when you need it.

2.Give him a throw.  Pick 'em up, sling them away, give yourself room to work.  Use his x attack animation for it, or possibly mix up his standard animation(He stretches his head out, catches them, throws them over his head or away from him.  Maybe he shakes them a bit beforehand).  It's not unreasonable.  He's got decently-sized arms, so you can make the capture zone relatively large.
Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 11:06:00 am by Bloodly
#28  March 06, 2009, 10:35:20 am
  • Origin of Darkness
Thorw It's same thing as he has a fast attack move  :P it break the boss condition that I make him to be.
And it won't help when he fight someone like Living Armor that can't be thorw and have fast attack.

for the spell anim, I don't think people who played Valkyrie Profile will agree on that.
it change too must that they will note and give him too must advantage.

Anyway please look at the end of this video and you will see the problem that I talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li2qxJgOI1I

#29  March 06, 2009, 04:27:03 pm
  • Foolish, but learning.
If you're unwilling to speed him up in places, then Super Armour-being able to absorb a certain number of hits without going into hitstun-might be an answer.  Of course, this could make Diseased Tempest frankly ridiculous combined with it's pushback.

Alternatively, allow him to cancel his attacks into a dodge early in the animations.

...I must admit to be honestly worried at working on sealing his only real weakness, and have been since the start.  He could easily become outright impossible to deal with.  Which is no fun at all for everyone concerned.  At least he doesn't have overly flashy attacks...Gravity Blessing gets a pass because it's game-accurate.
#30  March 06, 2009, 05:51:21 pm
again bloody has some pretty good ideas. super armor will nix stunning then you won't have to worry about speed at all. Think mech zangief nothing stops him you just gotta hope you survive to kill him

this will surely increase his difficulty in a fight against him.

still, there is only so much you can do with a non fighting game character, like you said don' wanna change him so much that he don't feel like a Valkyrie Profile character. For me thats his main selling point at least
#31  March 07, 2009, 01:23:20 am
  • Origin of Darkness
Hey what about Throw?

Not Throw the enemy It a skill in Valkyrie Profile

Throw
Gives the ability to hurl a magic blade at your enemy.
Accuracy is only fair, so don't it can't be relied on too much.

an little enegy blade that will come out and hit the enemy before he make an attack.
this should do the trick. it prevent enemy from waiting for bloodbane to attack, if they just wait they will be hit by this enegy blade first (or they have to guard this blade)

oh this won't come out when he try to use a spell.

============================================

I think I will give him some of Valkyrie Profile's skills as a choice at start of the match.
you have to choose only 1
or Should I give 2 of A-Type skill and 1 for B-Type and 1 for C-Type?
nhaa it'll make him too powerfull :P but I might give all that to the black one  >:D

#32  March 07, 2009, 06:55:49 am
  • Foolish, but learning.
Throw, huh.  Could work.  Of course, the wretched thing was unblockable and had good tracking, and dodging is based on your own skill rather than RGN, so...

You see him as a fighter.  That limits the pool.
A:Auto-Item/Guts/Throw.
B:Splash/Reverie(Combo Counter is here, but he has no combo to counter with...)
C:Scarlet Edge/Strike Edge/Charge/Dark/Trick Step.

Thoughts:
Auto-item=Unkillable.  He'd just keep using elixers at 1500 or less health.
Guts would give back several hundred HP.

Splash would raise his damage to stupid levels, as would Reverie; I don't even want to think of Reverie with Feel my Flame.

Trick Step he practically already has.  Dark would potentially be broken.  Charge and the Edges could be great or useless depending on the health cost.
#33  March 08, 2009, 12:12:12 pm
  • Origin of Darkness
Trick Step not the same as dodge
Trick Step don't need to wait for enemy to attack.

I tried Throw out and It dosen't suit him  :( It work but it destroy his charm  :P

May be I should give him a new skill like C-Type

Hold Forward when attack you'll lost 5% of LifeMax and that attack unstopable (Active HitOverride)

Call it Endure  :D

I'll will work on it right away.

Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 02:03:44 pm by DEMAN
Re: Bloodbane - Update (3/10/09)
#34  March 10, 2009, 07:29:22 am
  • Origin of Darkness
UPDATE !! (3/10/09)

+ Fix Power add of Helper
+ Add Super-Armor, or what I call Endure, Hold Forward when use Dragon Claw or Dragonic Flame
  You will lost 5% of LifeMax but that attack can't be stop ^^
+ Add D.AI Lv1 !!!!

#35  March 10, 2009, 04:01:28 pm
  • Foolish, but learning.
Testing, testing...

Was it really wise to put Endure on Feel my Flame?  The sheer amount of screen space that covers on a normal battlefield makes it nigh impossible to dodge without strong aerial movement(Go over), small size(Go under/rush close), lucky positioning(If you're close you may get over him.  Hitting him if he's in it and Endured simply turns him round), or a combination of these, it's unblockable to begin with, and of course now you can't even hit him out thanks to the Hyper Armour from Endure.  You'd think the claw would be enough.  Remember he's got 20 uses of Endure(not counting heals), by your design.  Feel my Flame is worth a lot more than Claw-a good strike will take over half a normal person's life off; maybe make it cost more in health if you don't like the thought of it not having it on Feel my Flame.

As expected, the mere addition of some intelligence has made him far more dangerous an opponent.  Even without the changes he'd be dangerous.  I didn't realise how annoying Sacred Javelin was till now.  Tracks you, comes from the top of the screen, unblockable, and very fast to drop.  You're not getting out of it if it drops.  At least Fire Lance and Prismatic Missle are 'trickable'.

Endure's health penalty seems to be not functioning at all, though the Hyper Armour is working.
Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 04:38:39 pm by Bloodly
#36  March 10, 2009, 09:01:08 pm
  • Origin of Darkness
Endure's health penalty not functioning ? did you fight Bloodbane or D.Dragon?
The black one is an exception  ;D

Well for his flame, it not like it's not posible to aviod it. He is a boss after all it your job to out smart him  :sugoi:

If you able to jump over or get very close, you won't get hit and you will be able to hit him many time and he will stand there and take it :)

Also I think he need Endure for his Dragonic Flame. if he don't have any long-range Endure attack,
enemy like Sentinel, Magaman, WarMachine and other that good at long-range attack will keep fire their projectile at him untill he die.
And his movement is very slow he can't get close to use his Claw. so with out Endure in Dragonic Flame he will be too easy to kill.

PS.His 5% penalty is a big down side. his Claw deal 200 damage, while his 5% of Lifemax is 150.
also if you set up life in options at 300% he will lose 450 when he make 200 damage  :P

oh and you can go n get his BGM from here
http://bluelaguna.net/downloads/mp3s/valkyrie-profile-lenneth-ost-soundtrack/227+Systematic+Enemy.mp3

Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 09:29:09 pm by DEMAN
#37  April 08, 2009, 04:12:29 am
  • StormEX Team Advisor

Oh now that you mention him.

Man !! this picture make my D.Dragon look small  ;P

Dragon Vs Armor !!

and the result is  ;D

Where can i get those 2 characters. I know this sounds like a noob question ( i am a noob) so dont yell at me. Im just a bit confused on how to get those gundam characters and the cool looking ones in the pic

#38  April 08, 2009, 04:21:08 am
  • DAT SAX
We have a Request forum for a reason.

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)
#39  April 08, 2009, 06:19:42 am
  • StormEX Team Advisor
Ok sorry about that. Thanks ishida! btw what are those 2 characters?

#40  August 08, 2009, 12:10:44 pm
  • Origin of Darkness
UPDATE !! (8/8/09)

-Change his Life from 3000 to 222000 just like in VP. (Yes it's over 9000!!!!!)
  but with only 1 defence point, he will take damage*100.
  You can say now his Life point is 2220.
+ Allow Him to recover when fall.
  Still falling but can't be hit.
+ D.Dragon (the black one) all the spell can't be cancel by a hit.
  He'll get hit normally but the spell still come out.
+ Fix attack distance of all spell to 0.
  When enemy hold back they won't change into guard state so it allow them to walk back.
+ Add sound of Stond and Frozen effect of Diseased Tempest
+ Little AI Fix

And little funny video but include new version of bloodbane and D.Dragon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVSa3ftUb7I