YesNoOk

Evil Honor Student! ★ Bibin Appears!! (Read 6391 times)

Started by Toshio Tenma, March 28, 2011, 08:26:45 pm
Share this topic:
Evil Honor Student! ★ Bibin Appears!!
New #1  March 28, 2011, 08:26:45 pm
  • Maker of obscurity.
    • http://tetsuwanatom.b1.jcink.com/

Check spoilers:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
-Toshio Tenma
Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 03:44:30 pm by Toshio

GOH

Re: Evil Honor Student! ★ Bibin Appears!!
#2  March 28, 2011, 08:37:50 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
I thought I was gonna get the funny food character. :(
#3  March 28, 2011, 11:59:16 pm
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
I thought I was gonna get the funny food character. :(
Bibin is the name of a japanese food if I am not wrong, thus the joke.

-----------

* Her medium punch deals 60 damage and the strong punch deals 37. It also deals more damage in its own than using the chain combo [Standing A > Standing B] which causes 52 damage.

* The explods during her dash don't disappear if
- she stops dashing and walks backwards
- she uses a standing/crouching attack
- she uses a dash jump

* The sound used for dash doesn't stop when she stops dashing as well. The code used in her statedef -3 isn't working right.

* The afterimage for her [f, f + B] persists for some moments if she whiffs the attack.

* [f, f + A] is her only attack which uses a helper as a hitspark. None of her other attacks has this feature.

* I have both my old nick and my current nick listed in the credits. It looks like I'm 2 different people.

* In your demonstration video, the volume of the fight sounds is thrice as higher than the volume of the anime. Windows has the option of turning down the input volume for recording sounds in Control Panel, do it.

* There's no need to keep a doc called feedback.txt in her folder.

-----------

In my opinion she looks more solid than both Comet and 6-button Bibin.
Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 12:59:18 pm by Zzyzzyxx
#4  March 29, 2011, 11:51:06 am
  • Maker of obscurity.
The joke is based in NHK's method of using icons for his characters, he usually put a misleading thumbnail making the user unsure of which character he is about to download. And yes, when you search for "Bibin", you might find odd results like food for example. Bibin is just spelled as "Bibin" and not "Vivin" like some people thought, the character herself write her name in roman as well. I've made that version of Bibin mostly for self improving, I've studied the feedback from the "Plus version" and tested on that version first. I thought about sending you the beta, Zzyx, but you haven't replied my PM, so I decided to try and release anyway. Also, I must admit that version of Bibin can make Comet feel shame, LOL Thanks for the tips, I'll work on it with time^^
-Toshio Tenma
#5  March 29, 2011, 12:40:14 pm
  • Trying now to act normal
    • https://onedrive.live.com/?id=7DB65F02B0BBD12E!105&cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
Finally the boss is available!  Thanks a lot!  I will surely give her a try!!!!
* Pleasing other people is nice, but when creating for Mugen, you're supposed to please yourself first. -- Cybaster
#6  April 01, 2011, 01:57:07 pm
  • Maker of obscurity.
@ Zzyxx: I forgot to remove that feedback file before releasing, but anyway, delete your folder before installing a new version. And yep, hope we don't get the same issue like the useless Cometto-san extra cmd... Do you have suggestions for a better length for her after images? I'm clueless about it. And I'm having bindtime issues with her explods, I'll have to study tutorials about it. Also, she was supposed to be released with the "wrongstatetype" to avoid having bugs like "walking in the air", however I removed for the public release. That code might make Bibin MC broken if the player used her in bonus games or certain stages (if Bibin is played in a stage of an Bonus game character, then she might freeze mugen, Contra mini-game start with that issue and even if the player Contra-Nes is not being fought.) In Mario Nes game, Bibin would freeze whenever she tried to jump over pipes or platforms. I suggest that code to be only used in private tests and removed once the release is done.
@ Werewood: Thanks for trying her out, if you wish to try an boss patch to fit like her ai from the game, then you're welcome. You can even host in your site if you wish^^
-Toshio Tenma
Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 02:00:13 pm by Toshio
#7  April 04, 2011, 01:07:11 am
    • www.youtube.com/user/PersonDude
Well, aside from the known issues and the stuff Zzyxx pointed out, there isn't much else wrong here.

Her backdash is too fast though, and it doesn't take her as far as it should.
And after Bibin does her jumping A, she should go back into her jumping state.

And since you're going for accuracy here, you should remove the three extra special moves that this Bibin still has (qcf+A, qcf+B, and qcf+C) and replace them with the Edochin Throw (which is currently dp+A/B/C).

Also, her level 3 super is very weak. It should do around 35%-40% damage. Right now it only does 20%.

In regards to her jumping B (the star shot) not hitting twice, maybe you could make it so Bibin's staff also does damage? From what I could tell, in Magical Chaser the move only hits twice if Bibin is on top of her opponent, so it wouldn't be a stretch to make the tip of her staff able to damage too.
Speaking of, I know you changed the way the move works to avoid infinites, but I think if you made the move closer to how it works in Magical Chaser (as Bibin shoots the stars, she keeps ascending/descending as if she were jumping normally), there would be no problems.

~Legendary training~
#8  April 12, 2011, 02:05:44 pm
  • Maker of obscurity.
I've started updating Bibin Plus (the six buttom version plus extra features) and Bibin MC, and about Bibin MC:
I'm making tests and fixing the known issues best I can, although the Plus version still needs more work before sending a new beta:
a) Her strong attack with the stars is confusing, in original game if you keep pressing the "medium attack button" in air then her stars will hit much more. Still needs to get the original effect. In original game, she can even combin these stars with a strong attack (the super air kick) if the timing is perfect (I'm unsure of how it would works in mugen).
b) Air versions of Bibin Bui Bui gotten updated, she jumps in middair after launching the stars, but is still not perfect.
c) I've fixed issues with her medium attack explod, looks much better now.
d) Bibin throw is being updated to fit the original game and I may use an state to identify a compatible character since it sends the enemy to an prone animation which few characters are compatible.
e) All versions of Bibin Bui Bui doesn't work like the original, I'm unsure about what to do.
f) Edward projectiles (they're actually dark messengers) are supposed to pass through the enemy and keep going forward regardless if they hit or not. Not sure how to fix.
g) Edochin slap could only be made with qcb+A, but I decided to allow the player to use it with other buttons.
h) Bibin's cmd is not accurate, Bibin Bui Bui was supposed to work with d,d+A/B/C, but the command always failed that I had to leave as ~d,f+A/B/C instead. So Edochin Attack went as ~f,d,df, A/B/C instead.
i) I've fixed the issue with her weak attack in which she doesn't get back to her jump state after finishing it.
j) I've fixed the issue with her super jump, the time in the CMD was what made the move fail to be activated.
I'll do more fixes before releasing an update.
-Toshio Tenma
Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 02:08:51 pm by Toshio