YesNoOk

Help With Stage Adjustments (Read 2229 times)

Started by Toxic Masculinity, July 08, 2019, 10:29:12 am
Share this topic:
Help With Stage Adjustments
#1  July 08, 2019, 10:29:12 am
  • If you want peace...Prepare for War
    • USA
I've been out of the loop for a couple years now, so I haven't learned all the processes of configuring some of the newer mugen things, such as 1.1 stages. I was just hoping someone could help answer a question I had regarding them. Apologies if this is ancient news btw.
With most of the newer stages I've acquired, I noticed that the characters are not forced to stop at the edge of the screen like normal, but just continue to walk backwards until they reach the end of the stage, regardless of where the other character is on screen. It looks cool and usually is, but for characters like Gambit or Gotenks Z2 that have special moves where they jump back against the wall then spring off of it towards the enemy, the specials don't work due to the fact that the characters are not confined to the edge of the screen like they were designed to. Is there a simple line of code or setting in the stage def that I can add or edit that will cause the characters to stop at the edge of the screen and behave normally?
Re: Help With Stage Adjustments
#2  July 08, 2019, 04:38:31 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I use 1.0 only, but you might want to try

[State 718, ScreenBound]
type = ScreenBound
trigger1 = 1
value = 1
movecamera = 0,0  ;0,1 if you want the camera to follow it upwards
;ignorehitpause = 1
;persistent =
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
Re: Help With Stage Adjustments
#3  July 09, 2019, 10:34:26 am
  • If you want peace...Prepare for War
    • USA
Thanks man, I appreciate the help. I will test that as soon as possible and let you know if it does the trick. I also found a stage that has both a 1.0 version where the characters are not bound as I explained, and a 1.1 zoom version where the characters are bound like I want them to be, so I will compare the 2 versions and see if I can locate the differences that I need, but only after I try what you suggested first, as that would be the quickest and easiest process. I have about 300+ stages I need to fix, so I'll release the edited defs afterwards if anyone wants them and avoid having to do what I'm about to do.