YesNoOk

Ikemen GO (Read 1207632 times)

Started by K4thos, May 26, 2018, 03:04:27 am
Share this topic:
Re: Ikemen GO Plus
#1001  May 25, 2019, 06:22:51 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
Hey MangeX sorry for not begin there while did you have problems with OpenGL.
About the x86 build. It can be automated like the others.
In Dan's docker image it includes a x86 compiler, so maybe we could use the same image.
I'll check.

About OpenGL. Using DirectX is not the solution both use hardware render and depend on GPU drivers so if you want compatibility with older systems a software render he way to GO.
But a software render is not easy to write and I don't know how to program it, so another person has to volunteer for making and maintain it. (Not a easy task)
If anyone wants to build a software render is welcome.

Is a problem with the Open GL , the machine used had 2009 drivers and was fixed updating them; is because default windows only have OGL 1.0 support in favor for it´s Direct X.
But unless mugen wich can be played in older enviroments, ikemen has driver issues and ikemen go have problems because of pure OGL so an alternative is highly required (SDL, DirectX).

By the way i found this familiar thing:

4 tag vs 3 simul characters separated lifebars
[youtube]https://youtu.be/f4790ipIDcA[/youtube]

Lost Here comes a new challenger working
[youtube]https://youtu.be/DAL8SVcD-4w[/youtube]

In favor of kh4tos labor i can´t share his code unless authorization, he didn´t made it publicily available for an unknown reason that i must respect.

I understand we need K4thos giving the rights to his code to use it.

So the TAG code is not that useful now because we are already implementing it. (Not completed but still)
Seeing the "Here comes a new challenger" in action is interesting.

K4thos did say that the unreleased code was incompatible so I wonder how hard is to port it.

EDIT:
Wait a 20mb exe with dependencies bundled is too large?

EDIT 2:
Well to explain the size of the EXE is because of the insane amount of Debug stuff that GOlang bundles in the exe.

Also guys I was planing to include a openAL Software implementation (Non driver dependent) dll with the download. (So it's not needed to install anything)
I'll check licencing stuff before doing it tough.
What do you think about bundling openAL?
But wait!! We haven't made the Suave Dude character yet!!
Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 07:43:17 am by Gacel
#1002  May 25, 2019, 06:54:14 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
Maybe you've answered that already, but does your native tag mode also comes with expanded lifebars?
Lasagna
#1003  May 25, 2019, 06:56:44 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
So a lifebar that is independent/different from the simul one? (If I misinterpreted your question, correct me)
Well the tag mode by default uses the simul lifebar but it can use his own lifebar if is specified in the screenpack.

For example:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
And
Should work.

If you are talking about support for 16 player lifebar. (Or any above 2vs2 players)
It still does not work. (Except in turns mode)
Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 10:10:30 pm by Gacel
#1004  May 25, 2019, 08:05:43 am
    • Brazil
I'm talking about like the one in MangeX video.
Lasagna
#1005  May 25, 2019, 08:25:31 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
The 4 lifebars per player.
Well, is not implemented yet.
Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 10:11:10 pm by Gacel
#1006  May 27, 2019, 08:02:30 pm
#1007  May 27, 2019, 08:08:32 pm
  • 2D Forever. Maybe.
    • www.twitch.tv/brendle
Hi, I'm new to Ikemen. Quick, very general question - What advantages does Ikemen GO Plus have over Mugen 1.1, from a creators side? It looks real interesting, I see it has netplay.
An anthropomorphic existential nightmare.
#1008  May 27, 2019, 08:40:45 pm
    • USA
If you aren't interested in a full game, very little. These days it seems the direction is to make "everything" automated taking away the whole point of creating anything yourself. With Parsec, the online isn't such a big deal anymore. All this time && I haven't seen one person test the online etc(The most important feature?). IMO, use Ikemen plus. The original creator lost interest, but that version is the most stable. The extra modes, dedicated arcade mode are the best features imo. If you don't want to get your hands dirty, you can wait for this. No matter which version you choose, it's superior to 1.1 only because you can actually edit things.
#1009  May 27, 2019, 08:41:53 pm
    • Turkey
Hi, I'm new to Ikemen. Quick, very general question - What advantages does Ikemen GO Plus have over Mugen 1.1, from a creators side? It looks real interesting, I see it has netplay.

*Open source
*Widescreen support for low res stages
*Shader support without third party applications
*4vs4 support(actually limitless)
*Tag mode without patches(in next update)
*Extra modes
I will write more if i find.
#1010  May 27, 2019, 09:34:46 pm
    • Brazil
    • zero800@oi.com.br
Android version near or far?
Netplay on Android should be awesome!
#1011  May 27, 2019, 11:51:54 pm
i tried replace the new stuff for a screenpack with the resolution 384,224 and 470,240 but the screen didn't run correctly with the aspect ratio of fullscreen.
the resolution seems to be a problem when you add a new screenpack, i hope a more stable version with animated portraits and a perfect fit with other resolution for different screenpacks can be released soon.

#1012  May 28, 2019, 02:26:53 am
    • Brazil
I'm curious about the native tag mode... how will it work? Because ADD004 and UnoTag have compatibility problems with some chars.
Lasagna
#1013  May 28, 2019, 03:42:13 am
Here are 2 things I know break add004 and unotag:
-Characters with constant super armor (or is a helper the entire time)
-Characters who doesn't use the animation standards or state standards (add004/unotag patch and assume your Mugen character uses the standards, some characters I have though don't use these animation IDs or numbers so it in turn breaks them. For example there is a charcter who flies the entire time but they do not have a state 0, so instead state 0 redirects to state 80000 instead, so it has no traditional moves and doesn't follow the typical standards. This messes up the character, you would have to edit the patches manually or change the character itself)

My guess is tag in as long as it doesn't assume every character was developed in a sppecific standard, it would have to be up to the user to manually to assign how it works, I think this is basically any system though.
#1014  May 28, 2019, 04:45:41 pm
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
In that case a helper system could use TagIn and TagOut it does not require any standard and it teorically would work on any character.
The Ikemen GO, Tag mode allows the user to make his own system, Instead of begin built in.
But from now it does not exist a Tag system that uses Ikemen GO exclusive tag features.

Thinking about the super armor problem to stop the super armor from making contact maybe a TAG system could put the character in a unreachable area when in "TAG Out".
To stop breaking some other chars maybe the character could use the Named Variable feature for compatibility options.

There is so much to consider on a TAG system.

Android version near or far?
Netplay on Android should be awesome!

Dan was working on porting it to android.
It will not have touch controls tho, because android TV boxes was his target.

i tried replace the new stuff for a screenpack with the resolution 384,224 and 470,240 but the screen didn't run correctly with the aspect ratio of fullscreen.
the resolution seems to be a problem when you add a new screenpack, i hope a more stable version with animated portraits and a perfect fit with other resolution for different screenpacks can be released soon.

Did you modify the localcoord on the localcoord.lua file?
Could you please say what screenpack did you use? It would be to test it in my end.

About the animated portrait that feature is still broken. It was made for the original Ikemen and it does not work on linux or mac. (Because it uses old elecbyte binaries)
It needs to be rewritten from the ground up.

EDIT:
It seems I messed up the tag explanation and you guys did understand it wrong.
So to clarify about how TAG mode would work.
The Ikemen GO TAG mode that I'm making is made in CNS and would be able to edit and/or be replaced by the user.
Think about it like a global tag patch that does not override simul and does not require patching individual characters.

If someone wants to make a new compatible TAG system himself, it would be welcome.
I'm just planing to make a basic one that could be bundled with the engine. (And to clarify it could be edited or removed and replaced with a custom one)

EDIT 2:
To make it more clear people could still create his own custom TAG systems (The system even encourages that). Ikemen GO is just making the process more streamlined and remove the individual patching and override simul requirements.

And also adding 2 more buttons that could be used for TAG mode. (Because buttons combos could break some chars)
But is these are not forced to use when making a tag system.

If someone haves some question or did not understand please ask.
Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 05:57:57 pm by Gacel
#1015  May 28, 2019, 07:07:33 pm
    • edwin@disenowebcostarica.net
#1016  May 28, 2019, 07:12:22 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
On the topic of issues, I'll dig up another issue I have.
"Infinite's SVK Ryu's Afterimages don't disappear until he's airborne. And his dash-in after his Supers doesn't work well with zoom-out."
This goes for his other edits of this type.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#1017  May 28, 2019, 09:49:48 pm
  • MvC Adict!!
    • Argentina
    • marvelvscapcomextreme.000webhostapp.com
Question about Tag System:

I´m trying to implement myself a Tag System in mugen 1.1 using add004 and UNOtag, to create a new one from my MvC project (3 lifebars too).
I´m implement this into simul mode.
This could work perfectly on Ikemen too?  or in Ikemen works only with the tag mode that you are doing Gacel? I want later in Ikemen to remove all the modes, and that the user can use only simul mode with this tag system that I´m doing.
Marvel vs Capcom Extreme (find the MvC2 characters project right here too!):
marvelvscapcomextreme.000webhostapp.com

Follow the project on:
www.instagram.com/marvelvscapcomextreme/
www.youtube.com/c/MarvelvsCapcomExtreme
www.player.me/marvelvscapcomextreme/

I recieved messages of users that want to donate from paypal or patreon, if you consider that this is a nice and very dedicated project, you can donate any amount that you want right here:
www.paypal.me/marianoemeschini
#1018  May 28, 2019, 10:27:05 pm
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
Wait what did happen to my post...
Okay I'll just rewite everithing

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/560287470390870016/582974316472434688/unknown.png?width=637&height=383

Gacel, are you aware that mask and transparencies are not working on Screenpacks? Just to know if you are aware.
Down the text that says press abxy to start should be masked inside the box and the cursor is not transparent, because is hiding the first item.

I did not know. Thanks for the info.
The reason why it does not work is because k4thos did implement a different parser made in lua for the sceenpacks.
Once I finish what i'm doing i'll implement it.

On the topic of issues, I'll dig up another issue I have.
"Infinite's SVK Ryu's Afterimages don't disappear until he's airborne. And his dash-in after his Supers doesn't work well with zoom-out."
This goes for his other edits of this type.

The issues with zoom-out are probably the fault of the character coding there is little what I can do there.
The after image issues is probably Ikemen fault.
Thanks for reporting it.

Question about Tag System:

I´m trying to implement myself a Tag System in mugen 1.1 using add004 and UNOtag, to create a new one from my MvC project (3 lifebars too).
I´m implement this into simul mode.
This could work perfectly on Ikemen too?  or in Ikemen works only with the tag mode that you are doing Gacel? I want later in Ikemen to remove all the modes, and that the user can use only simul mode with this tag system that I´m doing.

It will work there is a "Legacy tag mode" option if you don't want to do any changes.
And if you replace "TeamMode = Simul" for "TeamMode = Tag" it will probably work in the new system.

And I'll say it again: (I did say that in the post above, I hope you read it.)
The Ikemen GO TAG mode that I'm making is made in CNS and would be able to edit and/or be replaced by the user.

To make it more clear people could still create his own custom TAG systems (The system even encourages that). Ikemen GO is just making the process more streamlined and remove the individual patching and override simul requirements.

So the TAG mode I'm making is probably not too different from the one the other people could make.
It could be removed with just removing a file.
Is not built in in the exe.
Is begin made in CNS (The same stuff the characters are made) so it's not harcoded.
It can be replaced and/or edited.

Maybe it just me that I'm very bad at explaining. :embarrassed:

EDIT:
If you plan to port it you could use the statedef -10, -20 and -30 in the common files.
These are like globals statedef -1, -2 and -3.

Also about removing modes...
Is posible but I am not sure if k4thos implemented it.
I'll check.
Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 10:37:05 pm by Gacel
#1019  May 29, 2019, 12:32:35 am
  • If you rip sprites i´ll rip your code
    • Mexico
    • www.m3xweb.260mb.com

ShinLucho fixed the transparences.
K4thos already made all those things and many many more easily editable.
Gacel better focus on engine bug fixes with localcoord and those related to video display issues as user custom resolutions.

The tag related thing is the most easy to implement, with tagin, tagout and standby commands recicle mugen animations like jump, run, kick, taunt and that is; if anyone wants a more complicated tag then let it be.
Use the new two buttons to command those character changes
and a trigger that detects the team mode: 
      trigger 1 =   if team mode  = simul ; then the buttons are free to nothing.
      trigger 2 =   if team mode  = tag    ; then the buttons works as spected for legacy lazy people support.

You are focusing much time on a simple feature for an ENGINE that if you want to use you need examples for learn.
Forget every character in existence, your main target character is kung fu man
There is no knowledge that is not power
--------------------------------------
My Web Site
#1020  May 29, 2019, 01:18:17 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
The basic TAG mode example is actually not the focus at this moment.
I was just talking about it because people did not understand how it was supposed to work.
Actually, I said that I'm focusing on engine internals.
There is so much stuff to do so I will do them in the order that I started working on them.
Right now I'm working on Directory handling
For example lifebar font loading does not work correctly or "../../Data/Common4.cns" does not work.
I'm working on fixing that.

And yeah creating a TAG mode is that simple... =D
Recycling Mugen default animations was the plan.
Actually what you posted should work just only gripe "team mode" is written "teammode"

Also KFM is not the only character for bug testing, other characters exhibit bugs in the engine that we could not found otherwise.
For example the audio overlapping bug.

EDIT
Also I merged some changes on the repo.
Kidcy added a scanline shader.
And neatunsou made some improvements to the lifebars and it seems it fixed a audio bug.
Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 02:56:29 am by Gacel