YesNoOk

Bowsette (Original-ish Character - Includes Stage) (Read 14277 times)

Started by MrPr1993, December 31, 2018, 05:09:22 am
Share this topic:
Bowsette (Original-ish Character - Includes Stage)
#1  December 31, 2018, 05:09:22 am
  • Born From the 93's
    • Puerto Rico
    • http://mrpr1993.deviantart.com/
It took several months, and I am very, very late for this meme. But here she is.

My version of Bowsette!

The year was nearly over, and I took way too long, so I wrapped things up, did some cleanup and polishing, and uploaded this character in time before 2019! Hooray!

Sure was nice finishing up something. Enjoy~ ^^

Character Download (V1.01)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZuuFpVKOsXIGBXNTxDxFcmH8AuwtiafK

Stage Download
https://drive.google.com/open?id=12sOAUwQclDUNs1yghwAU-yAZWV_QiMOK

I miiiiiight update this some time later, but I gotta get back to another character of mine. My beartrap girl, my 1930s girl... my Springfield... yeah.

See yas in 2019, folks!
CURRENT PROJECTS:
-Characters: Vera Trappz (OC)
-Stages: Springfield Town Square (Update)

IDEAS I HAVE:
-Characters: Mona-Lisa (OC), Danny Phantom, Betty Boop, Kim Possible, Aladdin, Oggy, NEW! Cartoon Guy
-Stages: Toon World (Cartoon Guy), End Of The World
Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 03:36:21 pm by MrPr1993
Re: Bowsette (Original-ish Character - Includes Stage)
#2  December 31, 2018, 09:23:02 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
It's looking good, I'll test Bowsette now, thanks!
#3  December 31, 2018, 02:11:10 pm
  • What's a title
  • Novice M.U.G.E.N. creator
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/rmaster007smugensite/
Some feedback:
- Her throw animation is pretty stiff.
- Kung Fu Knee is left in from the base character, and she disappears when using it.
Spriting is harder than I thought.
#4  December 31, 2018, 03:36:03 pm
  • Born From the 93's
    • Puerto Rico
I wake up and AH ON HO I forgot to remove that ;w;

Alright it's updated and removed it.
Hm too stiff... got it. Thanks RM!
CURRENT PROJECTS:

IDEAS I HAVE:
-Characters: Mona-Lisa (OC), Danny Phantom, Betty Boop, Kim Possible, Aladdin, Oggy, NEW! Cartoon Guy

DW

#5  December 31, 2018, 05:56:07 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
This is...not gonna lie...actually pretty cool. Oddly enough, I'm not really into memes and what not. Though it's actually pretty cool that you turned it into a Mugen char. She animates fairly well overall, though it would be nice if you came back to her in the future, and gave her some alt attacks. Like whether or not she's close to p2 and what not. I got a pretty good laugh out of the story and ending. It's a nice homage to how KFM's stuff is. It's also pretty cool that you have a lot of special states for her. Some of which I'm not fond of, like her getting sliced in half(among a few others), but it's cool you went the extra mile.

You even added Messatsu's char traits! I was actually shocked when my KFM and Poison did their special intros against her. She works for what you've done. I don't really want to go over everything coding-wise, because it would be a LONG read. Though I will point out a few things:

-Her projectiles need a limitation. She can spam like nobody's business.(You should code these as helpers as well...but, just stick to what you know for now.)
-Giga Bowsette seems to have some wonky stuff going on. While there's no debug flood, her clsns seem to keep stacking when hit during the form. It needs some fine tuning. It may need to be redone altogether.
-Clsns could use work.
-Include a text file with her with her moveset.
-Throw should be able to switch sides.

She could really use a color separation. I'm looking over her sprites now. I may be willing to help with that. Along with refining the char as a whole. What you have here is a very cool concept, just needs the finishing touches to her overall. I like what you have here, it's a good start. I hope you are willing to keep going in the future. She has the potential to be very good. As it stands now though, she's still pretty cool. Good job and thanks for the share.
Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 05:59:38 pm by DW
#6  December 31, 2018, 07:23:15 pm
    • Brazil
Well, better late than bad character. This Bowsette is quite solid, I really liked it. Aside from what DW said, I also think Giga Bowsette needs a shorter duration, I get she loses all specials, but super armor and the ability to combo in that form are quite powerful for how long it takes.
#7  December 31, 2018, 11:47:00 pm
  • What's a title
    • USA

I also think some of her moves are too strong, especially her hypers. She could also use a damage dampener.

Also, she needs the animation for her body in the MK decapitation state.
#8  December 31, 2018, 11:50:32 pm
    • Brazil

I also think some of her moves are too strong, especially her hypers. She could also use a damage dampener.

Also, she needs the animation for her body in the MK decapitation state.
I don't think her hypers are too strong at all. Giga Bowsette is, but the other ones do a fair ammount of damage.

DW

#9  January 01, 2019, 01:39:53 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Color separation concept:

Her tongue and teeth are not included in this concept(though would be in the final product). There's also the matter of her arm/wristbands. I got tired of looking through all the sprites to try and find out, so I'll just ask you directly. How many color shades do her arm/wristbands have?  I know they share with her clothes and her clothes have 2 shades. Though in most of the sprites I looked over, her arm/wristbands only use the clothes darkest shade. So, just one. If so, I'll just separate them and the spikes on them. If they have 2 like the clothes though, I'd rather leave them as is, and separate her undies(and details) instead. As it'd be less work.

The only things that will share will be her horns and claws. Maybe the turtle shell detail as well. Depends on if I feel up to separating that... Though prolly not, cuz I'm lazy. :P Also, it's not that big a deal if the shell detail+claws+horns share. It'll look fine still. Also gonna have her lips share with her eyeliner/lashes, cuz I definitely don't feel like going through the headache of separating that.

Oh yeah! One last thing, I'll separate the jewel on her breastplate(?) too. Though now it still shares with her earrings and crown.
Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 06:06:53 am by DW
#10  January 01, 2019, 02:09:24 am
  • Born From the 93's
    • Puerto Rico
Oh wow that's awesome. But yeah. The spikes black parts all have 1 color. As for the jewel sure ^^
CURRENT PROJECTS:

IDEAS I HAVE:
#11  January 01, 2019, 02:44:50 am
  • What's a title
    • USA
How about having her voice be deeper?

DW

#12  January 03, 2019, 06:15:27 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
It wasn't suppose to be like this... :gonk:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

So...I had to stop myself, because I was adding too much. Without realizing I'm the one that's gonna have to do it! There's still a few things I may have to deal with. Like her shocked special state. Along with the super BG strip that her hyper portrait shows up on during supers.(Those miscellaneous things won't matter though in terms of coloring them) You didn't have the Bowser sprites sharing with her main sprites in your original SFF, so, I left them separate.

This is the finalized CS here. I was gonna separate her spike collar from the armbands... But I just can't muster up the strength... Maybe later, once I finish what's planned here... More than likely not though. :P At any rate, I'm working on updating my own stuff, and another CS. So, don't expect anything right away. However, I do want this done, so I will do it. I'd like to go over some other things with you, but let's just take it one step at a time.
Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 06:18:38 am by DW
#13  January 10, 2019, 02:29:37 pm
  • Born From the 93's
    • Puerto Rico
It wasn't suppose to be like this... :gonk:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

So...I had to stop myself, because I was adding too much. Without realizing I'm the one that's gonna have to do it! There's still a few things I may have to deal with. Like her shocked special state. Along with the super BG strip that her hyper portrait shows up on during supers.(Those miscellaneous things won't matter though in terms of coloring them) You didn't have the Bowser sprites sharing with her main sprites in your original SFF, so, I left them separate.

This is the finalized CS here. I was gonna separate her spike collar from the armbands... But I just can't muster up the strength... Maybe later, once I finish what's planned here... More than likely not though. :P At any rate, I'm working on updating my own stuff, and another CS. So, don't expect anything right away. However, I do want this done, so I will do it. I'd like to go over some other things with you, but let's just take it one step at a time.

Ohhhhhh Woah. So much effort there.
CURRENT PROJECTS:

IDEAS I HAVE:
#14  June 22, 2019, 06:59:22 am
    • USA
Not to distract you from your other projects, but it appears as though Bowsette here completely lacks the ability to guard.
I'm back, baby!
#15  June 23, 2019, 10:23:32 am
  • 仮面ライダーグランドジオウ
  • The Scavenging Time and Space God
    • USA
I assume she's most likely suppose to be a boss character, but yeah, that ain't right.
#16  December 23, 2019, 06:51:41 pm
  • Born From the 93's
    • Puerto Rico
CURRENT PROJECTS:

IDEAS I HAVE:
#17  December 23, 2019, 11:07:51 pm
  • Born From the 93's
    • Puerto Rico
Tiny tiny update
-Bowsette Bomber can be done for a combo
CURRENT PROJECTS:

IDEAS I HAVE:
#18  December 24, 2019, 12:54:28 am
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
#19  December 24, 2019, 03:00:29 am
  • Born From the 93's
    • Puerto Rico
CURRENT PROJECTS:

IDEAS I HAVE:
#20  December 24, 2019, 09:35:21 pm
    • Brazil
i absolutely love her design, loli bowsette is my ass