YesNoOk

CvSE Sprite Project (Tifa, Asura) (Read 338429 times)

Started by hatter, February 28, 2016, 04:46:44 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Capcom vs. Square Enix Sprite Project Thread (Current: Asura, Tifa Lockhart)
#181  February 13, 2017, 03:12:46 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Yeah, I missed the fact that her hair shouldn't function like that (I traced over 2K2 Kyo for that animation). Its an easy fix since I sprite the hair in last.

And trust me, the Get Hits are the Phase 2. ;)
This is a generic forum signature.
Re: Capcom vs. Square Enix Sprite Project Thread (Current: Asura, Tifa Lockhart)
#182  March 12, 2017, 01:24:44 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

Progress is slow as ever. I'll do my best to breath some life into this thread every now and then, so that it doesn't give me or anyone the annoying WARNING sign. Once I finish these, its going to be full gears on Asura until his Phase 1 animations are done.

So as you may know, I'm working on custom FX for the game too. I've completed the light hit, heavy hit, and guard (haven't shown it) FX. Currently, the medium hit FX is in progress:

(<-- needs ironing out)

After this FX, the only original FX remaining are the Limit Break FX, Slash hit FX and Dash FX. I won't be doing anything original for the ground hit or wall crash FX, I'll be taking them from an existing Capcom game, haven't decided which one.  I'll release the FX when I implement the FX in Ryu.

Regarding the playable cast, I've shaved the roster down to the Capcom vs SNK 2 roster size (44 total). I will not be discussing why or who I shaved off, due to the fiasco that happened in this thread. Don't ask me about it here or elsewhere.

The only thing I'll say is that Tifa, Asura, and Gene are still going to be made. That's about all you'll get.
Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 01:29:36 am by Paz Hatter
#183  March 12, 2017, 03:35:42 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafĂ­o.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
It's good that you shaved some of the cast off, it would of took forever to make all
Them sprites and you'll probably get fatigue and de motivated by then. Don't put
Too much on yourself you still got a shit ton of chars to code out and those take
Time as well.
#184  March 12, 2017, 04:23:18 am
  • Getting better, still a long way to go
    • UK
For the jumps, the forward one is fine but ya probably gonna have to edit the hair in a few frames for the back jump. Otherwise hair looks a bit iffy. With the back dash, i have to ask why does her hair raise up with her? Wouldn't it be swinging in front of her? Otherwise looks dece man keep it up
#185  March 12, 2017, 04:33:52 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
The hair should be in the other direction, now that I look at it again. As for the jump, if it flows well in gameplay, it'll stay as is, so I'll wait until I put it there to make my verdict on her hair.

Thanks.
#186  March 12, 2017, 09:32:09 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
good progress!!
And yes, about hair position, perhaps you could check long hair characters like Athena?
#187  March 30, 2017, 03:39:10 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Nah, you don't need to do that to figure out where to position the hair.

I think it looks better now, honestly. Only kink left for me to iron out are the arms on the last frame of the jump (before the landing; and thats the most obvious kink).

I'm also refining some old frames. These aren't the only ones. And it shouldn't be too long. Asura's getting a similar treatment for his face as well. More on that will follow soon.
#188  March 30, 2017, 03:47:33 pm
  • SNK is life
When she jumps back, you're gonna fix the hair for that, right?

2OS

#189  March 30, 2017, 05:48:57 pm
  • 608 Wannabe
  • Ich schicke dich zur HOELLE!! STIRB DU FEIGLING!!
    • Egypt
verdict on her hair.

that shouldn't even be a debate. unless she can go super saiyan it makes absolutely no sense for her hair to rise before her let alone with her.

relieve all tension from your hand and flick and raise your wrist. it adds gravity to your hand; that's what needs to happen to her hair.

edit: hell the stance demonstrates that you understand that.

one of the frames is severely lacking in shading (though that may be intended since it's just a demo gif).
#190  March 30, 2017, 05:53:07 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
one of the frames is severely lacking in shading (though that may be intended since it's just a demo gif).

Well.. yeah? The incomplete nature of it is really apparent if you ask me..

And yeah, the GIF I posted yesterday was more of a "what the hell was I thinking when I posted that", so yeah I agree, and I'm working on it. Maybe next week I'll actually have some complete animations to show, and more Asura.

EDIT:

Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 06:03:22 pm by Paz Hatter

2OS

#191  March 31, 2017, 06:07:37 am
  • 608 Wannabe
  • Ich schicke dich zur HOELLE!! STIRB DU FEIGLING!!
    • Egypt
#192  April 16, 2017, 03:21:41 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

Asura also got a face lift, but I'll show it later.

Also, hey look who else is joining the fray:

||
Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 03:29:37 am by Hatter

lui

#193  April 18, 2017, 03:13:46 am
    • USA
YES COMMAND MISSION X

personally one of my favorite incarnations of X so far
#194  April 25, 2017, 01:23:51 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I'm going to probably redo his blue color scheme at least. It doesn't look CPS2 in the least.

Redid the Tifa sprite entirely in 4 hours. Asura's gonna get a similar treatment, but for his golden limbs, size and some color scheme mistakes I made. So in other words, I'm going to be ghost for a while lol
Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 01:33:21 am by Hatter
#195  April 25, 2017, 02:00:31 am
    • USA
Your work is SOOOO impressive, I eagerly anticipate this project
#196  April 25, 2017, 02:06:25 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Thanks. If you want to get a taste of how it'll play out, you can give Ryu a go if you desire.

Some things will possibly change/get updated, but it won't be too grand of a change, at least gameplay-wise.
#197  April 25, 2017, 02:09:56 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
I'm assuming the sprite on the right is the updated one? If so, that's a pretty good improvement over her previous sprite. The shoes and skirt in particular look a lot better, and so doesn't the face. Debating on if the shirt is any better than before, I kinda liked the details in the previous one.  There's something about her left leg there (artist's left) that seems...off though? Might be just me, but the angle seems weird. In particular, the right side of the leg that blends into the knee, if you know what I mean?
#198  April 25, 2017, 02:16:20 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Debating on if the shirt is any better than before, I kinda liked the details in the previous one.

There's really not that much of a difference.

There's something about her left leg there (artist's left) that seems...off though? Might be just me, but the angle seems weird. In particular, the right side of the leg that blends into the knee, if you know what I mean?

I'm not really getting what you mean by this, but I used Sakura as my main reference:

Maybe it can help you in elaborating a little bit on what you mean?
#199  April 25, 2017, 02:23:03 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/

The right side of this leg. If you look at how the thigh goes to the knee and curves around, that's what I'm referring to. Might be because the knee isn't as defined in that sprite as in the previous one? Actually, looking at her right leg too, the way her leg comes out behind her knee like that seems...off too? Like I don't think that's how lower legs meet with the knee/upper leg, is it? o.o???
#200  April 25, 2017, 02:34:11 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I now see what you mean. And you are right.

I used Karin to reference the knees, and this is what I got:

Do they look better?