YesNoOk

Gouken SF2 Sprite Sheet (and SF1 Portrait of him) (Read 255591 times)

Started by SiL3Nt J, August 10, 2015, 04:33:09 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Gouken SF2 Sprite Sheet (and SF1 Portrait of him)
#221  June 22, 2018, 01:51:38 am
    • Brazil
Nice progress
#222  June 22, 2018, 05:03:34 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Nice job, looking forward to the next video.
#223  June 23, 2018, 11:55:16 pm
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
As a CVS-sprites lover I must say, this project rocks! It's funny... I'm so invested into CVS sprites and playing your Ryu was so refreshing, not only because it's something different from what I'm used to, but the new attacks and the additional graphics are pretty cool. The Gouken is the same, good luck.
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
#224  June 24, 2018, 11:28:38 am
    • Germany
Small preview of Gouken.

I have a question about the costume options, how do they work with the mugen limitations? I know that mugen has some problems with throws and custom states etc. that will force characters back into there base sprites and stuff like that.
#225  June 24, 2018, 01:36:52 pm
#226  June 24, 2018, 02:24:00 pm
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
Yeah, I know. That's why I said "It's funny...". It was surprising to me older sprites looking so cool.
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 02:36:31 pm by Speedster
#227  June 25, 2018, 04:39:57 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Don't know if I included these, but touched up the hadoukens a while back to make them look less "chopped." Also, any chance we could get one of these levels made?

#228  June 25, 2018, 04:53:24 pm
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
    • electroslair.blogspot.com/
@Speedster I'm a big fan of the older styled art. The only problem is that it's harder to work with because they are smaller than the sprites Capcom later produced. So frankenspriting or drawing completely new legs and arms is very time consuming. It's amazing how much detail Capcom crammed into such a small space with these characters.

@Lichtbringer The costume still has the same limitations. It's really not that noticeable except for the hat. I'm also making a full game with the street fighter characters & in that game there won't be a problem with costumes.

slightly improved from the video.

@Silent_J While I do think those are good stage ideas. I was just going to make a 2D version of Gouken's SF4 stage. Thanks for the updated fireballs!

#229  June 25, 2018, 09:14:09 pm
    • Argentina
    • matrerog@yahoo.com.ar
@Lichtbringer ... I'm also making a full game with the street fighter characters & in that game there won't be a problem with costumes.

So it's a confirmation: Ultimate Street Fighter 2 Proyect is coming?
#230  June 26, 2018, 01:11:06 am
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
@Lichtbringer ... I'm also making a full game with the street fighter characters & in that game there won't be a problem with costumes.

100% confirmed. I need a good name for it. If I call it Ultimate Street Fighter 2 then it will get lost on the internet behind all the other stuff named Ultimate SF etc.. So maybe calling it Ultimate World Warriors or Street Fighter 2 1/2, would be better for search purposes.
#231  June 26, 2018, 09:58:54 pm
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Just thought it would be cool to see the Dojo. Had a couple of ideas for the hands. Was thinking instead of removing the wrist guards completely you could either color them the same as the belt (left) or just remove the top part and put ropes around the wrist (right). He doesn't have to look exactly like he did in SF4. Saw some artwork once where he had ropes on his wrist:

Also, some names you could try:

Street Fighter 2: Platinum Edition
Street Fighter 2: Director's Cut
Street Fighter 2: The Hidden Challenger
Street Fighter 2: Gouken's Quest
Street Fighter 2: Last Assassin
Street Fighter 2: The Last Warrior
#232  July 02, 2018, 01:23:47 am
    • Argentina
    • matrerog@yahoo.com.ar

100% confirmed. I need a good name for it. If I call it Ultimate Street Fighter 2 then it will get lost on the internet behind all the other stuff named Ultimate SF etc.. So maybe calling it Ultimate World Warriors or Street Fighter 2 1/2, would be better for search purposes.
:yuno:

#233  July 16, 2018, 09:53:48 am
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
This is the last time i'll be posting in this thread. The next thread will be the SF2 project. Anyway, here are some costume options for the chars. All based on SF4.