YesNoOk

Merry Hyper Dragon Ball NEW Majin Build 2015 (Read 194249 times)

Started by Iced, December 23, 2015, 11:50:01 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Merry Hyper Dragon Ball NEW Majin Build 2015
#101  December 29, 2015, 07:39:05 pm
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
He may be referring to goku's teleport attacks.
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#102  December 30, 2015, 07:02:58 am
    • Tunisia
#103  December 30, 2015, 05:26:54 pm
  • pew pew
    • sniris5@gmail.com
i always thought a character with a dashing+teleport capability would be cool.

with that same pose Goku flew towards freeza on namek. or like Gohans Portrait. You could either dash normally (Like Vegeta does, but different pose).Or Dash and vanish right into the opponents face. with the option to link in an melee attack, to start a combo
#104  December 30, 2015, 09:00:37 pm
  • Spriting takes so long! I'm decent at it though!
    • USA
    • nthndunham@gmail.com
Why is this version called the Majin build? I mean after all, the release with Super Buu, and Gotenks, will be more of a Majin build?
Although that'll probably be a year or so away, just wondering?
Still love it though!
#105  December 30, 2015, 09:01:17 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Babidi and Majin Vegeta
#106  January 01, 2016, 12:53:28 am
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#107  January 01, 2016, 06:37:54 am
    • USA
    • nthndunham@gmail.com
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
#108  January 02, 2016, 09:32:47 pm
    • Tunisia
so my work is going slowly but surely what i did so far with beerus HBZ version (0.25)
restructuring the files to be same as HDBZ characters (helps me try to copy stuff)
added teleport moves (D , B , x y or z differents uses)
tweaked dash effects
added a explosion effect using vegeta explosions sprites
alpha version of his super mode (no name yet but basically a genei jin mode with air teleport  D, D x+b)
of course , he needs a ton of sprite and sound work but i will do my best with what i have
dropbox link
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ll7hekdjxuh1dig/LordBeerus%20HDBZ%200.25.zip?dl=0
#109  January 03, 2016, 03:01:39 am
  • "I'm not going to Hell alone"
so my work is going slowly but surely what i did so far with beerus HBZ version (0.25)
restructuring the files to be same as HDBZ characters (helps me try to copy stuff)
tweaked dash effects
alpha version of his super mode (no name yet but basically a genei jin mode with air teleport  D, D x+b)
of course , he needs a ton of sprite and sound work but i will do my best with what i have
dropbox link
Uh not to sound like a douche-canoe but I don't think this is thread for that broham XD
I was the Perfect warrior! Cold and Ruthless! I lived by my strength alone! Uninhibited by foolish emotion!
#110  January 03, 2016, 05:03:07 pm
    • USA
    • nthndunham@gmail.com
tweaked dash effects
dropbox link

what jweezy34 said, you need to make your own thread, also I already have dash collision sprites for beerus.
#111  January 03, 2016, 06:10:03 pm
    • Tunisia
tweaked dash effects
dropbox link

what jweezy34 said, you need to make your own thread, also I already have dash collision sprites for beerus.

really ?? i thought he was trash talking about that hhhh my bad sorry ....before that what's the point of doing it ? sorry to ask
ah and where should i create the thread  thx
Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 06:39:25 pm by koufdell
#112  January 04, 2016, 03:55:13 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Create the topic in the WIP section of the forum (not of HDBZ), along with a presentation of your project.
People are asking you not to post your project here because this topic is about the release of "HDBZ Majin Build", not side projects from other people not affiliated with the HDBZ team.
#113  January 05, 2016, 10:13:40 pm
    • USA
I can't seem to enable a second joystick for vs/co-op play, whenever I change the settings this new build doesn't start. I'm assuming it's different from the EVO ones, what should I do?

*I realize there's a faq, but it hasn't been touched in some time and this thread seemed the most pertinent to the subject at hand. Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask*
#114  January 06, 2016, 12:26:43 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Thats odd, what do you mean by changing the settings, do you mean in options? Because the settings are inside the game and you can save them from the options menu, but you need, ofc , to have it all unzipped.
#115  January 06, 2016, 08:47:44 am
  • pew pew
    • sniris5@gmail.com
This has been on my mind for ages, why cant you kill with a counter? with p2 and you both at no hp whatsoever just waiting for 1 hit to kill you, and you cant even move cause you're back to a corner and getting Dragon Fisted by Base Goku, you cant do anything. it makes no sense to me that a counter does damage, but cant end the fight? any particular reason why it's like that?
#116  January 06, 2016, 06:44:00 pm
    • Barbados
    • Skype - threestacks
downloaded the majin build and just wow well done guys can't wait for the final product
#117  January 06, 2016, 08:53:42 pm
    • USA
Thats odd, what do you mean by changing the settings, do you mean in options? Because the settings are inside the game and you can save them from the options menu, but you need, ofc , to have it all unzipped.

When I go to options, the second joystick is disabled and I can't enable it from within that screen.
So I went to the mugen.cfg file, since that's what I did in the EVO2014 build. I scrolled down to this section:

[Input]
P1.UseKeyboard = 1
P2.UseKeyboard = 1
;Joystick type:
;0 - Disabled
;1 - Enabled
P1.Joystick.type = 1
P2.Joystick.type = 0

I switched the P2Joystick to type 1 since that's enabled, but when I did that, Hyper DBZ wouldn't start up. So I switched ";0" from disabled to enabled, but again, Hyper DBZ wouldn't start up. I set everything back to their default values and decided to consult somebody here for help.

This has been on my mind for ages, why cant you kill with a counter? with p2 and you both at no hp whatsoever just waiting for 1 hit to kill you, and you cant even move cause you're back to a corner and getting Dragon Fisted by Base Goku, you cant do anything. it makes no sense to me that a counter does damage, but cant end the fight? any particular reason why it's like that?

It's like that for a number of fighting games. I don't think Alpha Counters killed in SFAlpha or CvS either, and this game is trying to remain faithful to Capcom's arcade fighters. Plus, Alpha Counters are meant to give you some breathing room and possibly a chance to reverse the momentum of a match via some well-placed mixup or an opportunity for mindgames, since they at least force the opponent to tech (some may even cause a hard knockdown). If you could kill with them it'd just reward the player for turtling. I have a Shin Akuma in my MUGEN roster that can not only kill with his alpha counter, but can also start combos from the launch it grants. O_o
Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 09:01:11 pm by MegaSobi
#118  January 07, 2016, 12:05:03 am
  • pew pew
    • sniris5@gmail.com
oh that makes sense

crp

#119  January 07, 2016, 10:50:09 am
    • France
I switched the P2Joystick to type 1 since that's enabled, but when I did that, Hyper DBZ wouldn't start up. So I switched ";0" from disabled to enabled, but again, Hyper DBZ wouldn't start up. I set everything back to their default values and decided to consult somebody here for help.

Did you try to change Disabled to Enabled for player 2 in game with the keyboard (numpad 1235 I think are the default direction for player 2)?

#120  January 07, 2016, 04:59:02 pm
This might be old, but I think I found a (very minor) glitch. If you hold down MP+MK while you finish off an enemy with Vegeta's Final Flash, you get the Vegeta Headbanging Dance instead of a victory animation.