YesNoOk

New Dragonball Super Series (Read 1524072 times)

Started by Omega, April 28, 2015, 02:37:30 pm
Share this topic:
Re: New Dragonball Super Series
#2161  March 20, 2018, 11:38:58 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
The art style and animation look cool.

I think Tien doing something that did nothing is worse than Krillin doing nothing.
Did Tien's level cap really early or something? He has literally done nothing but kikohos in the manga since Nappa and they've all been no sold.  What a loser.
#2162  March 21, 2018, 04:07:37 am
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
it looks like that guy in DRAGON BALL SUPER MOVIE TRAILER, look at his hand

1:13
Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 04:16:45 am by yaret
#2163  March 21, 2018, 07:06:44 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com

https://torrentfreak.com/japanese-govt-intervention-fails-to-stop-mass-dragon-ball-super-piracy-180319/

On Saturday night, fans of Dragon Ball Super gathered in their tens of thousands across South America to watch public screenings of the penultimate episode of the hit series. Despite being organized by local governments, every screening was unlicensed and completely illegal. Not even personal intervention by the Japanese government could halt the fun.

Earlier this month, fans of Dragon Ball Super in Mexico started a movement on social media which suggested that everyone should be able to watch episode 130 (titled “The Greatest Showdown of All Time! The Ultimate Survival Battle!!”) together in public.

Surprisingly, this movement started receiving support from various local governments, many of which agreed to erect large screens in public places, from town and city squares to football stadiums.

Official government Twitter accounts lit up with announcements from the authorities, with posters like the one below issued for many of the events.

While this all sounded wonderful in practice, there was a huge problem. According to Toei Animation, the Japanese company behind the hit anime show, no one had the licensing rights to show Dragon Ball Super in public.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#2164  March 21, 2018, 10:48:37 am

1:13
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8DmlL4nhqg[/youtube]

Great opening. I like the animation. Also, still early but, movie seems very solid aswell. Looking forward to it. Thanks for sharing man.
#2165  March 21, 2018, 10:57:29 am
The movie guy's glove is a typical Saiyan gear like what Raditz, Nappa, Bardock, Turles had. He also wears some puffy cloth like Broly (except made of fur) on his waist and butt. The guy in Legend is wearing different gloves and pants.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#2166  March 21, 2018, 01:20:58 pm
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
https://torrentfreak.com/japanese-govt-intervention-fails-to-stop-mass-dragon-ball-super-piracy-180319/

On Saturday night, fans of Dragon Ball Super gathered in their tens of thousands across South America to watch public screenings of the penultimate episode of the hit series. Despite being organized by local governments, every screening was unlicensed and completely illegal. Not even personal intervention by the Japanese government could halt the fun.

Earlier this month, fans of Dragon Ball Super in Mexico started a movement on social media which suggested that everyone should be able to watch episode 130 (titled “The Greatest Showdown of All Time! The Ultimate Survival Battle!!”) together in public.

Surprisingly, this movement started receiving support from various local governments, many of which agreed to erect large screens in public places, from town and city squares to football stadiums.

Official government Twitter accounts lit up with announcements from the authorities, with posters like the one below issued for many of the events.

While this all sounded wonderful in practice, there was a huge problem. According to Toei Animation, the Japanese company behind the hit anime show, no one had the licensing rights to show Dragon Ball Super in public.
Mexico is based af.

Japan btfo.
#2167  March 21, 2018, 04:48:32 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Too bad that copyright laws don't work like that, a company does not decide how do they work, if the mexican law states that public showings of whatever are ok as long as no profit is being made, well too bad for toei.
#2168  March 25, 2018, 04:45:40 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Boy, that was fun.  Can't wait until next week's episode.

Spoiler: But yeah (click to see content)
#2169  March 25, 2018, 04:53:24 am
  • Raging Fist
yeah that live screening was epic.
Also noted in belief, I believe for the DBS Movie, Goku may be fighting not so much a villain but a kindred spirit. Perhaps Goku will finally face THE SUPER SAYIAN GOD YAMOSHI.
#2170  March 25, 2018, 04:54:42 am
That final fight tho.
The Great Priest's last comment about what Zeno expected in the first place is a nice touch. I mean.... It kind of throws away every urgency there was when the tournament started, and it basically makes the entire thing useless, a literal bowl of fanservice galore because Japan loves tournaments in their shounen manga, but for his (their) character, it's a step up. And in the end he really doesn't give a shit one way or another as long as he has fun. He's really the ultimate viewer-insert.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 05:16:14 am by Byakko
#2171  March 25, 2018, 01:42:07 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
That was very satisfying as an ending.

Im looking forward to more cross universe storylines.
#2172  March 25, 2018, 01:56:54 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
A very nice ending. I wonder how long the gap will be between Super and the next series
#2173  March 25, 2018, 02:09:50 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
Vegeta got mad as fuck at being headbutted by a baby.
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller

lui

#2174  March 25, 2018, 02:14:19 pm
    • USA

#2175  March 25, 2018, 02:52:28 pm
I wonder how long the gap will be between Super and the next series
The movie comes out at the end of the year, maybe by then the manga will be almost caught up with the anime ! Then it can get a little bit of a head start. I wouldn't be surprised if the anime restarts sometime like summer '19.
Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 03:47:32 pm by Byakko
#2176  March 25, 2018, 08:37:45 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
So it just occurred to me now, but I'm disappointed that we didn't end Super actually catching up the End of Z.  Either just before getting to Uub or ever re-doing the scene with some changes to match what Super's presented.  I was rather hoping whatever they do for the next series would not still be constrained to this time period before Goku leaves with Uub.  Since they were going to go as far as to mess with GT, then at least they should replace that time frame with some new content.

They still could, mind you, but I'd imagine now they'll probably stick to a time period right around Super's end, since they left that time gap open.
#2177  March 25, 2018, 09:26:14 pm
This isn't the end of Super.
Super is ending because they had various problems and they have no idea how to handle anything resembling pacing, but this is definitely not the end of what was planned to be the events in the 10 year gap.
We're not hitting the Uub tournament before a very long time. It's been two years and a half and we're barely over halfway there, including the hiatus and movie we still have at least three years to go if not more.
So you just have to consider that this actually isn't the end of Super.
(but I am expecting Trunks and Goten to start growing up a bit at last when "Super" or its sequel returns, come on guys, update your designs)

I haven't heard anything about messing with GT. I haven't heard anything about keeping it either, considering that it was never canon in the first place and Toriyama will probably ignore it if he ever decides to do a continuation to Z's final chapter. But so far there's little indication that he has any plan to do that. I figure that the end of Dragon Ball is the end of the manga in his head.

... oh right, actually, rejuvenating the Pilaf gang was already a fuck you to GT ever since the F movie. He's definitely ignoring GT.
Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 09:41:31 pm by Byakko
#2178  March 25, 2018, 11:15:11 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
This isn't the end of Super.
Super is ending because they had various problems and they have no idea how to handle anything resembling pacing, but this is definitely not the end of what was planned to be the events in the 10 year gap.
We're not hitting the Uub tournament before a very long time. It's been two years and a half and we're barely over halfway there, including the hiatus and movie we still have at least three years to go if not more.
So you just have to consider that this actually isn't the end of Super.
(but I am expecting Trunks and Goten to start growing up a bit at last when "Super" or its sequel returns, come on guys, update your designs)

I haven't heard anything about messing with GT. I haven't heard anything about keeping it either, considering that it was never canon in the first place and Toriyama will probably ignore it if he ever decides to do a continuation to Z's final chapter. But so far there's little indication that he has any plan to do that. I figure that the end of Dragon Ball is the end of the manga in his head.

... oh right, actually, rejuvenating the Pilaf gang was already a fuck you to GT ever since the F movie. He's definitely ignoring GT.

my brother told me that they're going to take a break on super, i hope you guys enjoyed it though

the english dub is still on the future trunks arc
#2179  March 26, 2018, 05:23:36 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Freezer and goku ntring vegeta was pretty hilarious, tho.
#2180  April 21, 2018, 04:54:15 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
Chapter 35 of the manga is out.