YesNoOk

Characters (Read 111600 times)

Started by FeLo_Llop, April 02, 2014, 10:53:23 am
Re: Characters
#41  April 04, 2014, 09:26:55 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Still even when they are finished, they might not be the quality we're looking for. Remember Benhazard revamping CVSNB's Gouken sprites? He wouldn't be doing that if he didn't feel like they needed the extra work put into them.
#42  April 04, 2014, 08:53:15 pm
I revamped some of his Asuka sprite as well because it was needed.

If "finished", Kairi would need a revamp.

SNT

#43  April 12, 2014, 03:33:45 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
- T. Vincenson: I know Cammy is from SF2. But her sprites are, by the moment, SFZ(Killer Bee). I know Chuchoryu's making a DR Cammy but, I saw it and...no, mi amigo. Let's see if she gets developed in a future ;).
I thought you were doing a Delta Red Cammy set in between stints of Viper?
#44  April 12, 2014, 04:33:47 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
In the brainstorming thread we began talking about the next batch of characters after Ryu.

My 1st thought was 3 characters. Balthazar suggested chun Li and Eagle.

I just had another idea though. What about making the stars of each game? Ryu, Guile/Chun Li?, Alex, Abel

Buckus is starting Abel for his project. Do you guys think if we all combine our sprinting resources we could get Abel coming along? I'm not on a good enough level to make good outline only bases but I can do flats and some shading that might need retouching.

Thoughts?
Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 05:19:46 pm by Just No Point
#45  April 12, 2014, 05:03:16 pm
    • Netherlands
I'm still iffy about using sprites from SFA :P And getting the 'heroes' done first might leave some 'holes' later on.
Hoping all of the SFA chars get redrawn to CvS is kinda...well you know.
Either Chun-Li or Eagle sounds good to me, Zangief too (though Eagle is very different from either as well).
#46  April 12, 2014, 05:13:12 pm
JNP, it's Abel. :P
I would go for Chun Li, at least her spriteset is complete, we just have to add some other sprite to fit in the game.
#47  April 12, 2014, 05:18:30 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I don't mind using the sfa sprites. I'd prefer new characters get made that have no 2d sprites than spend time converting sfa sprites to cvs style.
We can replace the sfa sprites later if it gets to that point.
What do you be by the heroes might leave "holes"?

Even without doing all the heroes I think it'd be useful to help buckus with Abel. That's a character that might get more community involvement.

Could be ChunLi, Eagle, and Abel? All these characters would by cvs and Abel has quite a few unique things like rolls and a special throw.

Though it's up to the spriters of course. We have Abel's 2.5D sprites that we can trace. After Ryu I can try a bit myself. I'm not suggesting anything that I'm not willing to do myself. Except music. I have NO experience there :p I'm still trying to think of an answer to what I want to hear!!!

I don't know what you mean Alex! I said Abel the whole time!!!
#48  April 12, 2014, 05:30:10 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
I'd say making first those from SF1 who have their sheets complete(Birdie, Gen, Eagle, Adon, Sagat, Ken), thn those from SFZ, SF2, SF3 and FF. Last bunch would be people from SF4,, missing from SF1 and 2 from EX, but this last bunch would be optional: our priority are those who have their sheets done.

About what Balthazar said about converting the SFZers...I have a small idea, but I don't know if you all fell it good. They have a BIG light area(first skin/clothe tone), then a BIG interlude area, and then smaller 3rd and 4/5th colour(skin or clothe). My idea is, reducing the 2nd flesh/clothe colour to simple pixel interludes(as in CvS), giving more priority to the third, as in CvS.
The problem here comes...because light source is not the same. Usually, the leg who's advanced has the second light colour in flesh or clothes. This is what I'm talking about:

So, basically is a spriting problem. It's very noticeable in Juli/Juni, R. Mika and others

About the Cammy thing: I did some "sketchy sprites" for a .sff placement, but still on hold. I first want to finish Viper, who I'm hating right now ò_ó.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#49  April 12, 2014, 07:53:21 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Getting all the current already made SF1 cast might be fun. But for interest reasons maybe we should do 2 chars of interest and 1 less popular?

There is a number of user asking for Chun Li so I feel we should follow community demand. Eagle is in SF1 already.

Who is a character that isn't very popular to balance out the awesomeness of ChunLi and Eagle?
Birdie would meet SF1 criteria, introduce throw and charge character game play options. No one likes him but Diepod and Jango who has made new animations for him as well (Jango by commission)

I don't think we need any new frames for Chun Li. Like everything is made already isn't it? JMorphMan has the bestest Chun Li ever ready for the poaching.

I like your idea to convert the SFZ sprites Felo, but it's still a lot of work that could be spent elsewhere.

Is everyone okay with Chun Li, Eagle, and Birdie?
#50  April 12, 2014, 08:06:13 pm
    • Netherlands
I'm down with Birdie, though some of his animations are a bit choppy (at least as far as my memory recalls).
Preferably he could use a few more inbetweens, but we'll discuss that later.
#51  April 12, 2014, 08:15:11 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I know that there are a lot of stuff that should be done before things like that. But for some of these cosmetic things I really want to let the spriter work on them if they WANT to do it. Otherwise all you guys are getting is assignments. That's why I've been letting the spriters work on unimportant things.

Basically, yes. If someone wants to make some in betweens or something for fun that's okay. I just think we need to probably moderate it a bit more. JMM had a point but a happy medium would probably work best so that you guys still have the freedom to take it upon yourselves like that.

@Felo_Llop:
@Alex Sinigaglia:
Are you guys okay with these 3 being next?
#52  April 12, 2014, 08:24:12 pm
Birdie(even "jumpy sprites) is awesome. I never liked playing with him, but his design is certainly STREET. I'd choose him because of it AND the grappler+charge type.

So, my vote isa yes for Chunners, Eagle(already CSed) and Birdie(I'll have to rush it!!! NYAAAHHHHH!!!)
#53  April 12, 2014, 08:28:19 pm
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
I have a suggestion: Try altering the palette a bit for Birdie. Not drastically, but enough to make the CS easier. That what I'm doing with Jin. Hope it helps.
#54  April 12, 2014, 09:20:10 pm
#55  April 13, 2014, 12:51:36 am
I have a suggestion: Try altering the palette a bit for Birdie. Not drastically, but enough to make the CS easier. That what I'm doing with Jin. Hope it helps.

I did it two days ago. Now he's green *o*!!
#56  April 13, 2014, 09:54:02 am
    • Netherlands
I tried my hand at it as well, what do you think (the one on the right obviously, left is the original)?
#57  April 13, 2014, 10:59:41 am
I think those colours are awesome, Mr. Balth!!

The green I'm using for Birdie is clear enough for making an easier CS, so colours could be easily findable. I'll post a sprite later.

Also, here's a graphic explanation of the degradation shading from SFZ into CvS:

That sprite was converted in less of 3-4 minutes. Of course, Honda is not a guy with lots of details(as Mika is, as example)
#58  April 13, 2014, 11:26:12 am
    • Netherlands
Damn FeLo, that looks really good, I'd say that just about kills the need to redraw him to CvS, this edit rocks!
#59  April 13, 2014, 03:02:33 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Yeah that looks quite impressive! I'm having Easter and my sister in law's birthday today and working again tomorrow. If any of you guys want to make a thread for the next 3 characters discussing movelist and what animations HAVE to be made for them that'd be great!

ChunLi will be the toughest movelist wise. She has a ton of variety!!! I guess for her list all of her moves from all games and we can discuss them. Pretty much everything should be in JMorphMan's ChunLi
#60  April 13, 2014, 07:49:33 pm
  • Screenpack Novice
  • *Also accepts laundry service during Sundays.
    • Philippines
I tried my hand at it as well, what do you think (the one on the right obviously, left is the original)?

I have this weird feeling to try CSing once. This was my scrapped attempt on Birdie:

I don't know how relevant this is to the topic but meh.
My image parsing is stupid.