YesNoOk

Birdie Released / Alena & Mai Updated - (CVS2+ Style) (Read 23152 times)

Started by Noctis, August 18, 2016, 05:14:11 am
Share this topic:
Birdie Released / Alena & Mai Updated - (CVS2+ Style)
New #1  August 18, 2016, 05:14:11 am
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
Note that there may be things missing, broken or seem like it wasn't updated at all due to a glitch in FF3 not saving my progress every now and then so expect this.

Birdie
This is Birdie from Street Fighter Alpha 3 with CVS styled sprites and what I now call CVS2+ styled gameplay. I'd appreciate any comments or tips on just about anything you want to tell me about really.
Works on 1.0 & 1.1, but he currently does not work in WinMugen due to having used coding not supported by WinMugen.
Check out his "Readme" file for info, movelist and updates.

In order to use him, change his folder name to the version you want to play him on. "Birdie_1.0" would be for 1.0 and "Birdie_1.1" for 1.1.
You also need to change the name in MUGEN's "select" file to the version you want to play him on.

Warning! Somewhat large filesize (23.94mb).
Download - Updated August 29th, 2016

Bull Slam

Preview
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Enjoy.

Feedback?

Alena Tsarevna
This is Alena Tsarevna from Dragon Quest with CVS styled sprites and what I now call CVS2+ styled gameplay. It's like a WIP. I'd appreciate any comments and tips on things relating to her mechanics and gameplay or whatever else you want to tell me about really.
Works on 1.0 & 1.1, but she currently does not work in WinMugen due to having used coding not supported by WinMugen.
Check out her "Readme" file for info, movelist and updates.

In order to use her, change her folder name to the version you want to play her on. "Alena_1.0" would be for 1.0 and "Alena_1.1" for 1.1.
You also need to change the name in MUGEN's "select" file to the version you want to play her on.

Warning! Somewhat large filesize (16.18mb).

Bakuretsuken

Preview
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Enjoy.

Feedback?

Mai Shiranui
This is Mai Shiranui from King of Fighters or CVS2 with what I now call CVS2+ styled gameplay. Any comments or opinions or anything, please do tell.
Works on 1.0 & 1.1, but she currently does not work in WinMugen due to having used coding not supported by WinMugen.
Check out her "Readme" file for info, movelist and updates.

In order to use her, change her folder name to the version you want to play her on. "Mai_1.0" would be for 1.0 and "Mai_1.1" for 1.1.
You also need to change the name in MUGEN's "select" file to the version you want to play her on.

Warning! Somewhat large filesize (22.33mb).

Yume Sakura

Enjoy.

Feedback?

(Youtube) (WIP) (Mediafire) (New Anime Shop) My Manga Reviews! Personal favorite Patreon! Check her out!

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 06:13:31 am by Noctis
Re: Birdie Released / Alena & Mai Updated - (CVS2+ Style) [August 17th, 2016]
#2  August 18, 2016, 06:32:46 am
    • USA
    • morbidjoe666@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Kik : morbidjoe
congratz on birdie
I need more PSN friends
#3  August 18, 2016, 09:40:45 am
Very good Birdie!!Nice!!

・Birdie has no palette selector.
・Your palette selector has very short time.
  I think better long time like Infinite's characters.
#4  August 18, 2016, 10:23:56 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Can the s.meter be disable, on any of your fighters.
#5  August 18, 2016, 01:28:54 pm
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
Very good Birdie!!Nice!!

・Birdie has no palette selector.
・Your palette selector has very short time.
  I think better long time like Infinite's characters.

Birdie has no palette selector because he only has 12 palettes for now. I'd do more myself, but it's very time consuming and I've never gotten anyone else to help me with them.
It's set up so that every time you change color, you reset the time to 2.5 seconds. Seems long enough to me. Unless it didn't save....will look into it for that at least. Yeah, it's fine! If 2.5 seconds isn't long enough then I'll move the var to the config file and you can edit it freely yourself in an update.

Can the s.meter be disable, on any of your fighters.

Their Morale Bar? I forgot to consider that when I released Alena and got asked the same thing. Lemme check it out and see what needs to be done for that.

I'd also like to point out that I forgot to add some commands to his read me, lol. Son of a bitch.

Edit:
Phew boy. When editing in style changes I've come across MULTIPLE things that were unsaved due to a glitch. The biggest thing being Alena and Mai's config file is practically empty and has nothing in it that I said it did when Alena was released, lol. Jfc, FF3. Save shit. It's not that hard.
For some reason, however, Birdie has it all saved properly even though it was copied over from Alena? Makes no sense but whatever. I'll be updating soon.

(Youtube) (WIP) (Mediafire) (New Anime Shop) My Manga Reviews! Personal favorite Patreon! Check her out!

Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 03:15:47 pm by Noctis
Re: Birdie Released / Alena & Mai Updated - (CVS2+ Style)
#6  August 18, 2016, 06:02:46 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
Nice work.

Very quick feedback on Birdie...

- sounds doesn´t fit the "SKIP TO MY CHAIN" super, p.e. last throw doesn´t have a "p2 hits the ground" sound
#7  August 18, 2016, 06:09:11 pm
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
Nice work.

Very quick feedback on Birdie...

- sounds doesn´t fit the "SKIP TO MY CHAIN" super, p.e. last throw doesn´t have a "p2 hits the ground" sound

I played the snd to make the crash noise fit with when they hit the ground. If it doesn't match up, it's because Mugen's game speed has been changed. Mine is set to normal.
If not that, then there's something else conflicting with it. I'm testing it and it all fits perfectly for me.
Anything else you can tell me about it? Because if its that much of a problem I could edit the sounds to be 2 instead of 1.

#8  August 18, 2016, 06:10:37 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Where did birdies move set come from, is it original or is this sf5? (I wouldn't know I've only played it twice)
#9  August 18, 2016, 06:12:24 pm
    • Germany
GameSpeed is set on default = 0...

IMO make the sounds play depending on the animation.
#10  August 18, 2016, 06:38:48 pm
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
Where did birdies move set come from, is it original or is this sf5? (I wouldn't know I've only played it twice)

Both (with some tweaks.)
He had a lot but I had to improvise and add a bit more.

GameSpeed is set on default = 0...

IMO make the sounds play depending on the animation.

I mean...I'll change it, but believe me when I say I've used this attack at least a hundred times within an hour, on the day I finished the attack alone, in as many situations as I could. The sound always matched up for me. I'm confused why it isn't for you. Because it could be something else I'd need to fix for all I know.

Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 06:56:45 pm by Noctis
#11  August 18, 2016, 07:02:45 pm
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
Birdie Bull Revenger super shouldn't auto face and grab opponent if he happens to jump and land past the opponent.
#12  August 18, 2016, 09:04:03 pm
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
Fixed all the errors mentioned. Added a few vars to give you a choice on his style. There's the regular morale bar, custom combo and jugglecounter now which is Custom, no morale bar or custom combo or jugglecounter which is normal, and then you have infinite which is the same as custom except for the difference of the morale bar and jugglecounter forever filling up overtime.

Links updated.

#13  August 18, 2016, 09:59:56 pm
    • Germany
Really like what you did with Birdie, p.e. those little details (p2 survives the level 3 "Skip to my chain" super and Bridie says "How are you still standing after that attack...").

Some more little feedback (using the chars 1.0 versions in MUGEn 1.0)

- is it intentionally that I can select color & style again in the second round? IMO it shouldn´t be so...
 - please add the color select to Birdie
 - command normals are missing in the readme for Birdie (F+MK & D/F+MP)
#14  August 18, 2016, 10:20:53 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
I made few palletes for your Birdie. I hope you like them.

#15  August 19, 2016, 12:17:11 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
I like the extra details like when he rotates before jumping FWD, backwards and the rotation on the enemys when thrown lol cool shit
#16  August 19, 2016, 01:45:47 am
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
Thanks for the compliments! He had very little to him in the ways of motion so I had to spice things up a lot. It's pretty cool what you can do with a little rotation.

Birdie DOES have the palette selector, he just doesn't have enough palettes. I can make a bunch, but I ain't no palette wiz. It takes me a few updates to get them in there :P
Which is why I greatly appreciate the palettes, Sabockee! I was gonna make a template, but I can't get people interested enough I guess lol.

Also, I did add the command normals for his Bull Slider and Bull Drop. I'm looking at it right now. I just accidentally put hold DF + MK instead of MP for Bull Slider. If it's not in there for you then something's up with not just FF3's saving, but my computer's. Really wish this problem wasn't a thing >_>

#17  August 19, 2016, 12:34:59 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
Some more palettes.
#18  August 19, 2016, 05:06:29 pm
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
Also of course I like'em, Sabockee. I've added all of them and will update birdie sometime down the road because I'm updating all 3 of them again and I'd hate to continuously upload 100+ mb's like every 6 hours. Maybe next Tuesday or Wednesday you'll get the updates.

I was gonna make a CVS styled Ibuki, but I have to piece her hair together.....so I decided against it. So maybe I'll start looking into lifebars and stages and shit for now.

#19  August 19, 2016, 07:41:15 pm
Thanks for updating!
#20  August 20, 2016, 12:11:12 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA