YesNoOk

Injustice Gods amongs us 2: The armored edition (Read 402575 times)

Started by Iced, June 10, 2016, 11:24:32 am
Share this topic:

lui

Re: Injustice Gods amongs us 2: The armored edition
#81  June 15, 2016, 03:41:05 am
    • USA
LOLOL EMMET

thats actually kinda awesome, damn it boon don't keep us in the dark >:(
#82  June 15, 2016, 04:28:25 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com

THEY STILL DONT STAY DOWN AFTER THEYRE BEATEN WHY HAVENT NRS FIXED THAT

Because, unlike Capcom, Netherrealm realizes these are SUPER heroes and villains. They don't get knocked unconscious after cute little tussles like these. That, or that armor REALLY helps.

Have you never seen or read a comic in your life?  That's a serious question.

Well, not really action/superhero comics... I know death is prevalent in a fairly large chunk of them, though. But, still, that doesn't disprove the whole SUPER thing.
#83  June 15, 2016, 04:36:41 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
man obama would own in mkx
#84  June 15, 2016, 04:58:18 am
  • Amature Spriter, Voice Pack Maker, Friend.
I'm really interested into seeing more of the gameplay of Grodd, and if Captain Cold is possible, mainly cause I had proposed a mugen game around the Flash Family vs his rogues gallery like Cold, Grodd, Prof. Zoom, Magenta and Shade.

That and would like to see more of Flash's new styles as well, his final armor transformation from the trailer looks similar to the square enix flash figure.

Anyway, looking forward to this game, and would love to see Dr Fate to, (maybe used some of my ideas.) :D
#85  June 15, 2016, 05:06:56 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
#86  June 15, 2016, 05:17:09 am
    • Brazil

Wager is back, I think its better than before, but it still makes little sense.
#87  June 15, 2016, 05:20:20 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Super Girl face is really bad
the rest of the game is looking great so far
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#88  June 15, 2016, 05:56:06 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Conroy's back as Batman, sweet.

Looking at Superman's intro hints Regime Superman returning.

I'm curious about Supergirl's trait being full screen laser.
#89  June 15, 2016, 06:02:01 am
    • Germany
Funny how Superman just ignores the Kryptonite in his intro, I hope they explain why he is strong enough to resist it now.

lui

#90  June 15, 2016, 06:05:31 am
    • USA
supergirl looks fine to me, its wayyyy better than the female faces from the first game.

this game is probably one of the best, if THE not best looking fighting games i've seen in a long time, the armor direction is pretty dumb but the backrounds with literal wars happening within them as the fights go on, lighting, color choice, hell the facial animations are on point as if its mafia 2 all over again, its all just beautiuful. it really does feel like im watching a DC war. I cant WAIT to see how the story looks like
#91  June 15, 2016, 06:21:53 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
this game is probably one of the best, if THE not best looking fighting games i've seen in a long time, the armor direction is pretty dumb but the backrounds with literal wars happening within them as the fights go on, lighting, color choice, hell the facial animations are on point as if its mafia 2 all over again, its all just beautiuful. it really does feel like im watching a DC war. I cant WAIT to see how the story looks like

Revelator destroys this game visually tho
#92  June 15, 2016, 06:27:48 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
You cant really compare the two games
really like the art direction on this one alot more colorful than the first one
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-

lui

#93  June 15, 2016, 06:47:23 am
    • USA

Revelator destroys this game visually tho

well shit i forgot all about revelator.....
guess they're tired for me :P
#94  June 15, 2016, 08:17:29 am
    • Brazil
I hope they don't add NPCs in this game, Sindel, Rain and Baraka were disappointing enough.
#95  June 15, 2016, 09:37:08 am
You cant really compare the two games

I don't see why you can't. I mean, yeah sure you can't make 1:1 comparisons because of drastically different art styles, but I don't think it's a stretch to say which looks better out of two games from the same gaming generation.

Meh not amazed with this game visually, it's just like almost every other fighter being released this gen. Not bad, but it's a whole lotta power with little in the way of tech that I would consider impressive. NRS will probably make the game look better when it's closer to done but even then, it won't be anything mind-blowingly different. Don't mind me any, I'm just not seeing a drastic improvement over last gen with a lot of games.

Supergirl also looks off but work in progress I suppose. At least she's not this amazing piece of art.
Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 10:08:40 am by GSN
#96  June 15, 2016, 04:00:49 pm
    • Germany
Boon exlpains how the gearsystem works.

How I understand it:

Armor parts give different stats, some unlock Moves and some have just cosmetic effects.

Boon says they want to add a Mode without stats for competitive play, but is not sure how to do it right now.

Boon is hinting that they want to add a DLC way to unlock Gear for Lazy people who don't want to unlock it in game, and possible add more gear this way so he can milk player money for months.
#97  June 15, 2016, 04:05:33 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
If you ask me it just looks like more of the same. And none of that is a good thing. Wager and stage transitions are little more then annoyances for me and i'm no tourney player.

edit: now I remember what Super Girl's face reminds me of.

Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 04:09:14 pm by Negi Springfield
#98  June 15, 2016, 04:17:30 pm
Boon already confirmed there's gonna be a no stats mode offline (6:42). Online wasn't made official but he said it's likely that it will have a no stats mode too.

Depends on if you like more of the same. Tbh I was interested in seeing if they'd find a way to make gear a irremovable part of the game, could've been a really interesting way to stand out if done right. But I guess that was a bit too much to handle for players after seeing how gems fared. At least streams won't be infested with butt-ugly tin.
#99  June 15, 2016, 04:32:08 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
No stats mode doesnt mean no armor, it means the armor would just be for show.

Which actually makes sense because if its anything like xenoverse you end up having a bunch of top levels all looking the same because they all want to use the armor that gives the most stats.
#100  June 15, 2016, 05:14:52 pm
That's what all competitive games boil down to, finding whatever's the best.

I was speaking more from a perspective in which there'd be more about the game to discover. Throwing a Marvel comparison, it has tons of flexibility as to what you can do because there are so many combinations of teams and assists. Sorta like a sandbox fighter. Sure people are gonna go to whatever works, but part of the fun of Marvel is experimenting what can be found that no one else has tried. It's why the game has so much replayability in the tourney circuit, at least outside of it being made by Capcom.

Gear I think could've added a similar element, but more akin to something like CvS2. I know I sound like I'm buying into PR, but I was intrigued at the idea of people finding which combo could make the best Batman, or whoever. Even though it'd look like an optical atrocity. A vanilla game without any of this sounds much more limited in comparison, even with it being easier to get right.

But eh, probably for the best, random loot crates already sounded like it was headed for failure.