YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 734758 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros for Switch
#201  June 12, 2018, 07:10:40 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
My word, that's a lot! Is that the biggest we have seen in a fighting game other than MUGEN?
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#202  June 12, 2018, 07:17:16 pm
  • Literally the goddamned fun police.
    • Canada
In regards to narrowing down Darkwolf's post...About 65, or 68 if we count the "echo fighters".
...wonder why only Dark Pit, Lucina and Daisy count as "echo fighters", though. I mean, there's a whole slew of moveset clones that got introduced in Melee.

But hey.
#203  June 12, 2018, 07:18:48 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
In regards to narrowing down Darkwolf's post...About 65, or 68 if we count the "echo fighters".
...wonder why only Dark Pit, Lucina and Daisy count as "echo fighters", though. I mean, there's a whole slew of moveset clones that got introduced in Melee.

But hey.

Sakurai might have made the former clones get new moves.... Like Gannondorf using his sword more in his moveset.
#204  June 12, 2018, 07:20:38 pm
  • Lover of yardsales.
    • USA
December 7th can't get here fast enough!
#205  June 12, 2018, 07:22:43 pm
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
#206  June 12, 2018, 07:25:15 pm
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
My word, that's a lot! Is that the biggest we have seen in a fighting game other than MUGEN?

I believe this is the largest fighting game roster in history now. MvC2 had it going for years and now it's Smash's turn, not including DLC either.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#207  June 12, 2018, 07:59:43 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
really digging greninja's new artwork, it's better than the previous one
#208  June 12, 2018, 08:13:32 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
Finally he's here.
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#209  June 12, 2018, 08:26:10 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Holy crap.  All of the cut characters coming back?  I wasn’t expecting that at all. I wonder how exactly they’re going to differentiate Young Link from Toon Link now.

Much as I love the additions to Ness and Lucas’ final smashes, I can’t help but also be dissappointed knowing that it means none of those Mother characters are going to be playable.  At least there’s still hope for Flint.
#210  June 12, 2018, 08:35:58 pm
  • Was it something I said?
Just when you think you've collected all the Smash amiibo, they're throwing in everyone they got. Welp, that's the joy of being a Nintendo fan. :)
#211  June 12, 2018, 09:07:18 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#212  June 12, 2018, 10:02:46 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Holy crap.  All of the cut characters coming back?  I wasn’t expecting that at all. I wonder how exactly they’re going to differentiate Young Link from Toon Link now.

Probably taller hitboxes, less horrible range, and maybe Young Link’s spin will be N64’s or something.
#213  June 12, 2018, 11:11:02 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
^ That makes sense.  The character vid from the site shows he's got his fire arrows too, which I totally forgot that he had.

There's actually a lot of new stuff in those videos they didn't show off in the presentation.   There's an assist trophy for Krystal, and a New Donk City stage with Pauline's band playing in the background.
#214  June 12, 2018, 11:29:16 pm
  • My username has a history to it.
    • USA
    • pineappleproducer.webs.com/
No King K Rool. 0/10

Seriously though, this looks absolutely amazing. All I've ever wanted was to have all the characters in one game, and now it's finally here! 
*I have an uncle who can't grasp why Donkey Kong isn't on PlayStation 3.
*EMBRACE YOUR INNER WEEABOO!!! :D
*Proud owner of Godzilla on PS4.

#215  June 12, 2018, 11:40:51 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Wait, if we have New Donk and New Pork, that means we can literally have A Tale of Two Cities.
#216  June 12, 2018, 11:42:09 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
So I'm just going to say this nitpick now so as to move on to the rest of the good stuff as I mull over all the information overload.  The fact they stuck with Other M Samus and that annoying jet boot thing for Zero Suit still very much so irritates me.  They had the opportunity to update her as they did most others, and did not.  Which they really probably should have all the more, what with that final announcement.

And dear god, Ridley, I thought you would look like your 2D versions, but not the decaying husk version from Fusion.  Jesus Christ, he's a monster compared to the entire rest of the roster.  It's fantastic.
#217  June 13, 2018, 12:28:38 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
You are forgetting the most important news out there: Daisy is playable!!!!! :D
#218  June 13, 2018, 12:30:55 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
What about the updated facial expressions? I think that's even more important.

Or how everyone's Final Smashes now are literally super tryhard Mugen Level 3 hyper attacks, complete with hyper portraits?
#219  June 13, 2018, 12:47:49 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Ok, a few thoughts.  So Sakurai stated that there will be little to look forward to in newcomers, because that work has already been put to reviving previous entry characters.  That's fine, but now we need some in-depth look as to what makes their return worthwhile beyond nostalgia.  Because Pichu's cute, but a joke character before.  Is that still the case, or is it a more dangerous Lucario now, does more damage the higher its own is while also always hurting itself?  And Young Link, does he incorporate the masks in some format?  I would imagine the by far fan favorite Fierce Deity Link would be his Final Smash move.  But in general, I want to know what makes these characters worth the effort beyond "they're back".  Explain what changes Dark Pit got.  Even more-so, what's going on with Ganondorf now.

With Pichu restored, I kinda want a Raichu to be a Pokémon DLC character.  Yeah, it's not nearly the highest requested choice, and expands the Pokémon roster even further, but it feels odd not to complete the evolutionary line now.  And you could have Alolan Raichu as an alt.  But I have no expectations of that coming to fruition.  And the assist trophy section is like a shot to the heart, watching Waluigi, Bomberman and Midna go by.  So close to a full inclusion, then left just as a gimmick.  Likely none of them will end up full characters down the line this title.

Also, since they said everyone will be back, I wonder if that includes Alph.  He wasn't shown off today.  But then, granted, he was just an Olimar skin.
Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 12:58:36 am by Long John Killer
#220  June 13, 2018, 01:08:49 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
For once, I would love to see the looks of the black sheep of the Super Smash Community's faces when they see Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.