YesNoOk

Crashman (Update 7/14/2019) (Read 23773 times)

Started by Mr. Giang, October 03, 2018, 03:35:31 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Crashman (edited by Mr.Giang)
#21  October 04, 2018, 12:22:09 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
And even if he releases bad things it's still something.
Can someone ban this idiot troll please?
Enough time lost here.
#22  October 04, 2018, 12:57:35 pm
Hey, spaceman, stop deleting your posts.
spaceman said:
Come on, he makes ..... correct characters.
#23  October 04, 2018, 03:52:42 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Who was this spaceman guy anyway? Because he's clearly NOT from IMT, and NOT a part of the RMM project.
Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 03:57:36 pm by Magma MK-II
#24  October 04, 2018, 04:01:21 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Anywho, at the end I do like some of the stuff he got here, controversy aside. Plus he is compatible with uno tag, and the other stuff he did does have some charm to it. 
#25  October 04, 2018, 04:32:04 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
Oh, I didn't wanted to turn this topic into a war. It wasn't intentional at all. My apologizes for all the MFG staff.

I had zero idea about this Crashman being O Illu's chars (or who O Illu is)
Yeah, I was working with them in RMM for quite some time (I've released many Robot Masters here in MFG). And I am working with Mugen since 1999. If you don't know my work (which is ok), I invite you to take a look at my site http://brazilmugenteam.com/

Anywho, at the end I do like some of the stuff he got here, controversy aside. Plus he is compatible with uno tag, and the other stuff he did does have some charm to it. 

Like I said to him, if he wants to work on those characters, he could simply messaged me/us and help with us. We would accepted the help gratefully.

You have a problem with someone taking another's work and editing it? That's too bad, because as long as credit to the original author is given, we don't really care and it's not enforced. Plus that mentality is really elitist and there was a reason why it was abandoned several years ago.

Sorry, but them's facts. If the original authors want to quit because someone edited their work, that's their problem. If that means no more releases from them, oh well.
I understand your point of view and your right to think that way. I just don't agree with it. But I won't go into a witch hunt thanks to that, really.
This episode is what made me to take a decision: I've quit from that project.

I am a 40 year old guy with severe health problems and who has 2 children to care for. My free time is very short and I feel horrible pain constantly, all the time (I'm feeling as I write). I spent a lot of my little free time doing these characters and I felt a lot of pain in the process. To avoid wasting more time with this, I'd rather not continue with these characters (Crash Man, Shadow Man and the whole RMM project). I have a few things to finish, but after that, I'd rather retire. I hope you understand me.

I'm not here to do any drama, to be honest. I'm just explaining my situation. I do not intend to be protesting against anyone, persecuting anyone. I believe that everyone has the right to do what he thinks is right.

Be at peace and forgive any confusion.
Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 04:48:21 pm by O Ilusionista
#26  October 05, 2018, 02:34:03 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Oh, come on.
First, you're making quote pyramids. (at least you fixed that but you're now deleting your posts)
Second, you're using the "if you haven't made anything, then shut up" argument. Which falls flat since he made stuff for mugen. Just check the "Topics started" section of his profile, plus he gave feedback to a lot of creators for their characters.
Third, this is all off-topic.
Admittedly, I've pretty much stopped doing it, but still, everyone who has tried to pull that argument has always been in the wrong.

Oh, I didn't wanted to turn this topic into a war. It wasn't intentional at all. My apologizes for all the MFG staff.
Why are you apologizing? You didn't do anything.

I understand your point of view and your right to think that way. I just don't agree with it. But I won't go into a witch hunt thanks to that, really.

I think I get where you're coming from. Personally, I like to see it as "Alternative representations" rather than butchering the original or trying to one up it.
#27  October 05, 2018, 10:01:49 am
  • The Illusionary Wanderer
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam

Gotta admit this is one of my more unique edits so far but I'm glad you like this Crashman. Enjoy!

Like I said to him, if he wants to work on those characters, he could simply messaged me/us and help with us. We would accepted the help gratefully.

Did I miss your message or it was implied somewhere? I barely heard about you only until very recently (I literally only did some researches about you since the extremely passive-agressive message you sent me on Discord that I didn't bother to reply and no, it wasn't something like "Giang, if you want to work on my char, come and join us, we have a slot for you" either). That being said, I have zero interest in helping you on your projects as we have a completely different game-balancing philosophy (I focus on tag-team gameplay as well as keeping the balance between other characters of mine while you focus more on 6-button MvC-style, which I'm not a big fan of) and I don't want to be a part of a community that always has "editors are killing MUGEN" mentality, as well as sending many shady personal attacks just because someone edited their favorite author's characters.

So basically, you can't start a witch hunt on me because there aren't a lot of people here agree with you? And then you decided to stop doing what you are literally unable to finish for goods just because of this one small turn of event? That's so cringey and childlish. Well, it's your choice to make anyway so I won't even bother with whatever you decide. For someone whom I'm supposed to respect for being here way longer than I am, you sure know how to lose all of your credibility in my eyes fast.

I think I get where you're coming from. Personally, I like to see it as "Alternative representations" rather than butchering the original or trying to one up it.

Glad that there are a lot of people who understands this. I only intend to give some old characters some new fresh airs in their playstyles to make them feel new and fresh, not to belittle or dishonor original's work and author at all. Saying that is like saying Mr.Ansatsuken ruins POTS's Ryu by editing him, which doesn't make any damn senses to me.
And as final conclusion, I have added IMT to the list of special thanks as they all deserve to get the credits of making this character since this seems to be a work of the entire team, not of an single individual. Hopefully this will clear everything out.
Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 12:31:46 pm by Mr.Giang
#28  October 05, 2018, 04:26:42 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
a community that always has "editors are killing MUGEN" mentality, as well as sending many shady personal attacks just because someone edited their favorite author's characters.

We don't have such mentality and don't send personal attacks to anyone. I don't know where you got that idea from, and I'd like for you to prove me wrong if you can.
#29  October 05, 2018, 06:12:17 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Now, all he wanted was credit and you was talking like one guy just did it. It also shows where you get your stuff cause BLACKLISTED always change stuff without giving a notice, and all I can say is that to just be super careful when editing stuff, cause all people should ask for nowadays is proper credits and that's it cause at the end of the day, it's just a hobby and nothing more. Hopefully, we can just let this lie cause we talked about this enough, and there are even worse communities than here when it comes to edits.
#30  October 09, 2018, 06:08:28 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
Guys, just to make it clear - me and Mr. Giang had a good talk about this.
Everything is okay now and the credit was given.
All set.
#31  November 07, 2018, 04:32:33 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Update:
- c.Strong's recovery increased by 4f.
- c.Medium's recovery increased by 2f (no longer can perform c.Medium into s.Weak into c.Weak into c.Medium infinity shenanigan).
- Crashbomb no longer screenshakes on explode.
- Updated hitsparks for Crashbomb's detonation.
- Updated with hi-res explosion effects.
- Reduced the length of vs Megaman's OST.
#32  November 18, 2018, 11:38:00 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Update:
- Added launcher effects.
- Fixed velset during air-combo.
- Fixed a glitch which made Crashbomber Barage unable to explode.
- Drill Strike now causes techable knockdown against airborne opponents.
- Drill Strike's hitpause reduced by half.
- Dive Drill's hitpause reduced to 2f.
- All weak attacks' hitpause reduced to 10f.
#33  November 19, 2018, 04:36:47 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
1.0 version of Crashman has been released (Link in the video description).
#34  November 19, 2018, 09:18:17 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA

Now that you posted an 1.0 version, here's some feedback now that I can test him:
-His crouching MA uses default hit sounds instead of slash sounds (Since he uses both hands to drill, I thought slash sounds from the drill hyper would've sound better).
-The stomp on the hyper where Crash Man summons two Metools has a default hitspark if it hits the opponent.
-The explosion effect still appears behind the opponent if they never got hit by the Crash Bombs.
-Crouching HA does not trip the opponent and can't be block when they are standing.
-The C launch attack has no guard sound when blocked.
-His super jump is not very high.

That's all for now. Will post I find anything else.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#35  November 19, 2018, 10:36:21 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Thanks for your feedback. I have fixed anything related to hitsparks and hitsounds. The exposion effect was an overlook from the newest update and that was fixed as well. That being said, other problems you pointed out were intended and I'm afraid I won't change them:
- Crouching HA is supposed to be low-blocked. Also, it isn't intended to be a sweep that could knock down opponents (many fighting games also have characters that do this, such as Polnareff from JoJo, Injustice 2 Joker,...). With so many ways to knock opponents down and a lot of good okimeze options available for Crashman, giving him a knock-down sweep isn't a good balancing idea.
- His super jump's main use is supposed to be a way to cancel launcher into air combo, not a main way for him to get around the stage. If I made him jump higher, that would give him a huge amount of unintended mobility, reducing the usefulness of ground Air Strike (which was designed to be his main mobility option).
Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 10:53:06 am by Mr.Giang
Re: Crashman (Update 4/12/2018)
#36  December 04, 2018, 01:37:45 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Update:
- Updated CLSN boxes for get-hit anims.
- Fixed a glitch that allows crouching Hard Attack to chain into crouching Medium attack.
- Crashman now plays voice sounds less frequently.
- Throw range decreased.
- Fixed a glitch which made Crashman lose hurtboxes during throw start-up.
- Successful throw animation length increased.
- Launcher and Crouching Hard's guard pushback increased.
- Crouching Hard's hittime increased to 18f.
- Added SFX to indicate hard knockdown after air-combo.
Re: Crashman (Update 2/8/2019)
#37  February 08, 2019, 09:10:24 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Update:
- Added Taunt.
- Updated with a new damage dampen system.
- Now can perform delayed hyper in Tag Mode.
- Fixed a glitch that made Crashman stay mid-air after getting hit during Crash Drill's recovery.
- Fixed p2 pos during throw animation.
- Fixed the glitch that doesn't allow opponents to tech throw in Simul mode.
- HP reduced from 1000 to 950.
- Crash Bomb no longer causes knock down.
- Crash Drill's damage reduced from 50 to 45.
- Crash Drill now causes untechable knock down.
Re: Crashman (Update 5/12/2019)
#38  May 12, 2019, 01:33:12 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Update:
- Added new FXs.
- Adjusted hitpause time.
- Reworked CLSNs.
- Fixed all debug floods.
- Fixed several tag issues.
- Fixed a glitch which makes Crash Drill unable to calculate damage scaling correctly.
- Now can tag out when Mets are active (tagging out will destroy all Mets).
- Crash Drill now drags opponents.
- Crash Drill's damage reduced from 45 to 25.
- J. Special now has recovery.
- J. Special's ground hittime increased by 10f.
- J. Special now can hit OTG.
- J. Special now hits once per frame.
- J. Special now causes soft knockdown.
- J. Special's damage decreased from 40 to 15 per hit.
#39  May 12, 2019, 03:56:40 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA

No update for 1.0? 1.0 version is severely outdated since November of last year.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#40  May 12, 2019, 06:51:13 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
No update for 1.0? 1.0 version is severely outdated since November of last year.

This update was supposed to downgrade him to 1.0 (it was announced on my Airman thread). I just forgot to do it. I will merge both versions in the next update then.