YesNoOk

Marvel vs Capcom 2 characters project (Read 777187 times)

Started by REDHOT, September 08, 2016, 04:02:55 am
Share this topic:
Marvel vs Capcom 2 characters project
New #1  September 08, 2016, 04:02:55 am
  • MvC Adict!!
    • Argentina
    • marvelvscapcomextreme.000webhostapp.com

Hi to all!, I´ll presents the characters that I´ll released just right here, in this thread (check the title when you want to know the character, anyway I´ll inform right here in one post too).
As the characters, all will be edits realized by me (except Gambit and Cyclops that I create years ago), I think that it`s OK to post this in edits.
let´s do this together!, the perfect MvC2 characters roaster in MUGEN!.

As everybody know, in MvC2 there are 56 characters, two of them are Wolverine Bone Claw / Wolverine Adamantium Claw.
It is necessary to clarify that I only will do ONE of them, the adamantium claw, so the character 56 will be an unknown, and I didn´t think much about it... maybe Onslaught? Norimaro? Anita? Shadow Lady? Abyss? the thing is that THIS character has to be in the Marvel side.

The characters availables for now are:

CAPCOM:
- Akuma (by Mouser)
- Strider Hiryu (by Splode)
- Charlie (by Mouser)
- Guile (by Mouser)
- Captain Commando (by Splode & DarkWolf13)
- Jin (by hsiehtm)
- Dhalsim (by Aku ma)
- Jill (by XCB, DarkWolf13 & Walruslui)
- Hayato (by Mouser)
- M.Bison (by Mouser)
- Dan (by Mouser)
- Megaman (by Jin Kazama)
- Morrigan (by hsiehtm & DarkWolf13)
- Ken (by Mouser)
- Sonson (by FerchoGTX, Ryou Win & Kong)
- Tron Bonne (by Beximus)
- Amingo (by Kong & DarkWolf13)
- Ryu (by Mouser)
- B.B.Hood (by Beximus & DarkWolf13)
- Anakaris (by Kong)
- Ruby Heart (by Mouser)
- Chun-Li (by Supermistery, Walruslui & DarkWolf13)
- Zangief (by One Winged Angel)
- Sakura (by Beximus)
- Cammy (by Mouser)
- Felicia (by Ahuron)
- Roll (by hsiehtm)
- Servbot (by Kong)

MARVEL:
- Silver Samurai (by Iwakick)
- Gambit
- Cyclops
- Colossus (by Iwakick & DarkWolf13)
- Thanos (by Whiplash, DarkWolf13 & Walruslui)
- Iron Man (by One Winged Angel & Unko man)
- Juggernaut (by Splode)
- Hulk (by One Winged Angel & Unko man)
- Magneto (by Kong & DarkWolf13)
- Iceman (by Splode)
- Sentinel (by Kong)
- Wolverine (by Sander71113)
- Sabretooth (by Unkoman)
- Spider-Man (by FerchogtX & DarkWolf13)
- Captain America (by Unkoman)
- Doctor Doom (by DCL)
- Cable (by Whiplash, & DarkWolf13)
- Omega Red (by Cyanide & DarkWolf13)
- Spiral (by Iwakick & DarkWolf13)
- Venom (by Big Eli King & DarkWolf13)
- Storm (by Kong)
- War Machine (by One Winged Angel)
- Blackheart (by Sunboy & Beximus)
- Shuma-Gorath (by Cyanide)
- Rogue (by Splode)
- Psylocke (by WhiteMagic2002)
- Marrow (by Buckus, DarkWolf13 & Walruslui)
- Norimaro

Download them and know more about the project in the web page!:

Something to say?, feedbacks? or you want to help me in codes? all are wellcome, like I said, let´s do this together!.
those who help me with specific codes that I need of some character in particular (I´ll comunicate when I release the character), obviusly, that person will be in the credits of this character and the project.

Posted: September 08, 2016, 04:10:45 am

Hi!, I present a MvC2 Colossus with the Original MvC2 1vs1 gameplay as faithfull as possible - 6 button gameplay edition.
MUGEN vertion: 1.0 and 1.1
The original author is Iwakick with a first edit and wonderfull job by DarkWolf13 (let say that he´s the author too), and this edition is made with a lot of effort to try to improve Colossus in MvC2 gameplay, this character was not worsened to offend the great work of the original author.

Download in the project web page!:

http://marvelvscapcom2mugen.esy.es/

What was edited?:
- Hitdef and some codes in all standing, crouching and air punches and kicks (to an original MvC2 gameplay as faithfull as possible)
- Hitdef and some codes in all special moves (to an original MvC2 gameplay as faithfull as possible)
- Hitdef and some codes in all hyper moves (to an original MvC2 gameplay as faithfull as possible).
- Wall Bounce code elaborated by me
- Animations
- Sounds and FX
- Throws codes (Camera and velsets)
- Pallettes (to the original MvC2 game as faithfull as possible)
- New FX (to the original MvC2 game as faithfull as possible).
- New sounds (to the original MvC2 game as faithfull as possible)
- Walk before intro (by mouser edited by me)
- Hyper BG
- Cancel dash with a hit
- Portait select
- Velocities
- Combos
- State hits
- Intro
- Portaits
- Character scale
- Super jump
- Yacells
- Commands

Credits:
- Iwakick (Original author and some original codes of this character)
- Mouser (some original codes of this character)
- DarkWolf13, walruslui and ExShadow (First edit, various original codes of this character, Hyper Ports, and Common1 codes)
- Iwakick (Tech-it coding)
- FerchogtX (Some MvC2 FX and sounds)

You want to help me to perfect Colossus?
- I need how to do the exact palette in the Super Armor (like in MvC2), is that possible?
- Get hit in Super Armor like in MvC2, I know that Iwakick could do something like that (Check Silver Samurai!, when you do the Ice hyper Silver Samurai has a Super armor with this get hit that I need to incorporate in Colossus)
- Power Tackle (center screen), I know how to do the center screen in throws, but I don´t know why that code not work here hehe.
- Power Tackle (Camera follow Colossus when you press up and down)
- Power Tackle / Air power tackle (More damage if you press up and down)

Hope you enjoy it.

Cheers.
Marvel vs Capcom Extreme (find the MvC2 characters project right here too!):
marvelvscapcomextreme.000webhostapp.com

Follow the project on:
www.instagram.com/marvelvscapcomextreme/
www.youtube.com/c/MarvelvsCapcomExtreme
www.player.me/marvelvscapcomextreme/

I recieved messages of users that want to donate from paypal or patreon, if you consider that this is a nice and very dedicated project, you can donate any amount that you want right here:
www.paypal.me/marianoemeschini
Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 03:24:08 pm by REDHOT
Re: Marvel vs Capcom 2 characters project (COLOSSUS RELEASED)
#2  September 08, 2016, 04:53:23 am
wow man so love what your doing! keep up the good work! just need a good screenpack for this. just wish someone would make a good mvc2 style screenpack to hold these chars and more
#3  September 08, 2016, 08:32:58 am

As everybody know, in MvC2 there are 56 characters, two of them are Wolverine Bone Claw / Wolverine Adamantium Claw.
It is necessary to clarify that I only will do ONE of them, the adamantium claw, so the character 56 will be an unknown, and I didn´t think much about it... maybe Onslaught? Norimaro? Anita? Shadow Lady? Abyss? the thing is that THIS character has to be in the Marvel side.

I actually prefer to have both Bone and Adamantium claw :P but anyway, how about Norimaro? he is in Marvel side in Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter  :D if you are gonna make Onslaught and Abyss, you can use Xslaught's version to modify: http://www.codejin.com/ all the best, looking forward to your project  ;)

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#4  September 08, 2016, 08:59:44 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
I suggest also to work on Abyss. I'm curious to see how you will handle with him :)
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#5  September 08, 2016, 12:43:24 pm
btw, is it possible to have an option in config.cns to remove the tag system in your characters?
Edit: I forgot that you use Darkwolf13's characters to modify, now the problem is solved  :P

Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 01:32:39 pm by tehdevil
#6  September 08, 2016, 12:48:39 pm
Will there be any other mvc2 custom characters in it? Like Batsu by Mouser, Bad Megaman by Mouser, all the edit chars by Darkwolf13 etc?
#7  September 08, 2016, 01:50:28 pm
  • MvC Adict!!
    • Argentina

I actually prefer to have both Bone and Adamantium claw :P but anyway, how about Norimaro? he is in Marvel side in Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter  :D if you are gonna make Onslaught and Abyss, you can use Xslaught's version to modify: http://www.codejin.com/ all the best, looking forward to your project  ;)

Thanks!
I think that updated the Norimaro I did years ago it´s a good option for now, I´ll see what to do.

btw, is it possible to have an option in config.cns to remove the tag system in your characters?
Edit: I forgot that you use Darkwolf13's characters to modify, now the problem is solved  :P

I implement the MvC2 base that he implement in his characters, that in fact it´s Mouser base haha  ;D
If Darkwolf13 did a MvC2 character that already has all the MvC2 system (messages.. guard push... etc..), saves me weeks of work, like in Captain Commando or Colossus.
Anyway, he didn´t edited all the characters, and I don´t pretend use all. With some characters that I released I had to do this myself, like Cyclops, Gambit, Strider, Jin...
and in some characters that I do the MvC2 system myself, I save weeks of work to him too, so it is a job that saves time both in each of our projects.

The Tag System if exist, it´s removed when I release a character like Colossus.
The only that have a Tag System for now is Akuma, but it will be removed.

Will there be any other mvc2 custom characters in it? Like Batsu by Mouser, Bad Megaman by Mouser, all the edit chars by Darkwolf13 etc?

Nop, only the 56 characters in MvC2, at most, in the end, some characters that appears in the VS saga (Shadow Lady, Norimaro, Onslaught, Apocalypsis, Cyber Akuma, Abyss, Anita, Lilith), but I doubt it, I think for now this ends when all the 56 characters are COMPLETED (not released há)

Follow the project on:

I recieved messages of users that want to donate from paypal or patreon, if you consider that this is a nice and very dedicated project, you can donate any amount that you want right here:
#8  September 08, 2016, 02:11:14 pm
Nop, only the 56 characters in MvC2, at most, in the end, some characters that appears in the VS saga (Shadow Lady, Norimaro, Onslaught, Apocalypsis, Cyber Akuma, Abyss, Anita, Lilith
I prefer this  ;D this is going to be awesome  ;) I wonder how about X-Men COTA's Classic Gouki and Marvel vs. Capcom's Complete Change Ryu, would you consider both of them as well since they are different from the default MVC2's Ryu and Gouki?

#9  September 09, 2016, 02:21:09 am
  • MvC Adict!!
    • Argentina
Nop, only the 56 characters in MvC2, at most, in the end, some characters that appears in the VS saga (Shadow Lady, Norimaro, Onslaught, Apocalypsis, Cyber Akuma, Abyss, Anita, Lilith
I prefer this  ;D this is going to be awesome  ;) I wonder how about X-Men COTA's Classic Gouki and Marvel vs. Capcom's Complete Change Ryu, would you consider both of them as well since they are different from the default MVC2's Ryu and Gouki?

They will be exactly like in MvC2

Follow the project on:

#10  September 09, 2016, 02:46:51 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
I really suggest to you consider putting a brand new character or work on Abyss as a character with your code[With transformations but with less size files or separated to make the final three final matches on arcade mode with the three forms].

Unless you want to put a red-headband Ryu as a bonus character instead of the white-headband Ryu[Because... Well, the MvC1 Ryu sounds better to see on MvC2 than the Zero series Ryu]

Overall, it's up to you. Keep it up with these characters! :D
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#11  September 09, 2016, 03:10:18 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Funny you mentioned Norimaro... that attempt you did for Norimaro years ago with the tag system is what sparked my inspiration for the tag project. The Norimaro in my Tag Project is edited from yours.

Also, I'm liking what you're doing REDHOT. That's amazing.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 03:14:07 am by DarkWolf13
#12  September 09, 2016, 01:35:23 pm
  • MvC Adict!!
    • Argentina
I really suggest to you consider putting a brand new character or work on Abyss as a character with your code[With transformations but with less size files or separated to make the final three final matches on arcade mode with the three forms].

Unless you want to put a red-headband Ryu as a bonus character instead of the white-headband Ryu[Because... Well, the MvC1 Ryu sounds better to see on MvC2 than the Zero series Ryu]

Overall, it's up to you. Keep it up with these characters! :D

I think that CAPCOM do that thing in MvC1 ´cause they don´t want to put Ken and Akuma in the game haha.
Anyway I like MvC1 Ryu too.. I´ll see in a future, for now will be MvC2 Ryu.

About Abyss, if one day I want to do it, I think that the three transformations in separated files (or characters) is the easy way definitely

Funny you mentioned Norimaro... that attempt you did for Norimaro years ago with the tag system is what sparked my inspiration for the tag project. The Norimaro in my Tag Project is edited from yours.

Also, I'm liking what you're doing REDHOT. That's amazing.

Thanks! I have to say that you and Mouser inspiring me to complete this project that I began 10 years ago too! thanks!

Follow the project on:

Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 01:40:26 pm by REDHOT
Re: Marvel vs Capcom 2 characters project (THANOS RELEASED)
#13  September 15, 2016, 03:31:45 am
  • MvC Adict!!
    • Argentina

Hi!, Is Thanos turn right now!, with the Original MvC2 1vs1 gameplay as faithfull as possible - 6 button gameplay edition.
MUGEN vertion: 1.0 and 1.1
The original author is Whiplash with a first edit and wonderfull job by DarkWolf13 and Walruslui (let say that they´re the authors too), and this edition is made with a lot of effort to try to improve Thanos in MvC2 gameplay, this character was not worsened to offend the great work of the original author.

Download in the project web page!:

http://marvelvscapcom2mugen.esy.es/

What was edited?:
- Hitdef and some codes in all standing, crouching and air punches and kicks (to an original MvC2 gameplay as faithfull as possible)
- Hitdef and some codes in all special moves (to an original MvC2 gameplay as faithfull as possible)
- Hitdef and some codes in all hyper moves (to an original MvC2 gameplay as faithfull as possible).
- Wall Bounce code elaborated by me
- Animations
- Sounds and FX
- Throws codes (Camera and velsets)
- Pallettes (to the original MvC2 game as faithfull as possible)
- New FX (to the original MvC2 game as faithfull as possible).
- New sounds (to the original MvC2 game as faithfull as possible)
- Walk before intro (by mouser edited by me)
- Hyper BG
- Cancel dash with a hit
- Portait select
- Velocities
- Combos
- State hits
- Intro
- Portaits
- Character scale
- Super jump
- Yacells
- Commands
- More sprites
- Dash
- Backward strong kick
- Diving shoulder

Credits:
- Whiplash (Original author and various original codes of this character)
- DarkWolf13, walruslui and ExShadow (First edit, various original codes of this character, Hyper Ports, and Common1 codes)
- Mouser (various original codes of this character)
- The None (Running/Dash - Gauntlet Soul & Gauntlet Reality code)
- Iwakick (Tech-it coding)
- FerchogtX (Some MvC2 FX and sounds)

You want to help me to perfect Thanos?
- I need how to do that the Gauntlet Power´s fireball follow slowly the enemy if he jumps, for example.
- In a hitdef it´s impossible to put an Vertical spinning as animation. Well in MvC2 if you hit the enemy with Gauntlet Reality appears the vertical spinning animation, a good option is the p2stateno o a targetstate, but to code in a p2stateno the walls hit is a PAIN IN THE ASS.
- If you throw a bubble when the enemy it´s already trapped, the bubbles blow up, I need how to do that (for now, I did that the bubble go behind the enemy.

Hope you enjoy it.

Cheers.

Follow the project on:

#14  September 15, 2016, 03:53:27 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Well you can try to put this in the fireball's state

Code:
[State 3000,1]
type= VelSet
trigger1 = P2Dist Y > 10
y = 1.5

[State 3000,1]
type= VelSet
trigger1 = P2Dist Y <= 10
y = 0

Not sure if it'll work but it's worth a shot.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#15  September 15, 2016, 01:29:44 pm
  • MvC Adict!!
    • Argentina
Well you can try to put this in the fireball's state

Code:
[State 3000,1]
type= VelSet
trigger1 = P2Dist Y > 10
y = 1.5

[State 3000,1]
type= VelSet
trigger1 = P2Dist Y <= 10
y = 0

Not sure if it'll work but it's worth a shot.

haha it was so simple, I always thought a code that containing p2dist but more complicated, but I think that this will work for sure, actually in MvC2 you only see that the fireball follows slightly the enemy if he jumps.. but only that, so this it´s OK for me.
Thanks!

Follow the project on:

#16  September 15, 2016, 01:52:10 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
- In a hitdef it´s impossible to put an Vertical spinning as animation. Well in MvC2 if you hit the enemy with Gauntlet Reality appears the vertical spinning animation, a good option is the p2stateno o a targetstate, but to code in a p2stateno the walls hit is a PAIN IN THE ASS.
It sounds like you need some practice with custom states! I say you put the breaks on everything you're doing now and take the time to learn them better. They too scared me at 1st. Especially in a multi part throw with tons or targetbind going on. But now they are super simple. Also there is an optional animation standard for that particular animation so you can have the exact needed anim from MVC2! Always be sure to add an alternative using normal get hits for characters without the standard. If you need more details I'd really make a help thread over this. I've made some dumb help threads. I want you to know that it's never dumb to try and understand what you're working with. Always ask. If you don't understand it you are not being able to take full advantage of it and someone else may be having the same issues!

- If you throw a bubble when the enemy it´s already trapped, the bubbles blow up, I need how to do that (for now, I did that the bubble go behind the enemy.
I assume the trapped state puts them in a new trapped bubble anim? It could be a helper or explod anim I presume.
If P2 is in state x (the state that the bubble puts you in on contact) and  NumHelper(bubble) or bubble explod id exist then movecontact of the thrown bubble needs to route to a new stateno where is uses a destroyself anim and then the helper destroys itself

Does that make sense?
#17  September 15, 2016, 05:19:27 pm
  • MvC Adict!!
    • Argentina
It sounds like you need some practice with custom states! I say you put the breaks on everything you're doing now and take the time to learn them better. They too scared me at 1st. Especially in a multi part throw with tons or targetbind going on. But now they are super simple. Also there is an optional animation standard for that particular animation so you can have the exact needed anim from MVC2! Always be sure to add an alternative using normal get hits for characters without the standard. If you need more details I'd really make a help thread over this. I've made some dumb help threads. I want you to know that it's never dumb to try and understand what you're working with. Always ask. If you don't understand it you are not being able to take full advantage of it and someone else may be having the same issues!

Hi!, I know some things about custom states, actually in Legion (Strider Hiryu hyper), Mega Optic Blast (Cyclops hyper), and other hyper of other character that I´m working right now I put custom states, and works fine..
I put a changeanim2 to put right there the anim that I want, I forgot to do this in Mega Optic Blast  ;D, and I put the anim in the STATEDEF, this is my mystake cause the anim in STATEDEF find if the enemy has this anim.. if not, MUGEN will replace with another (and that´s could be an standing animation... and thats sucks), if you put a changeanim2 MUGEN ONLY find the sprites, and that´s a simple way cause all the MvC2 have the same number of sprites.
I do this in Jin´s Standing Strong Punch, and in Cap.Commando´s Captain Fire

After that, you put some velsets.. gravity.. veladd.. codify that state.

But right here, in Gauntlet Realily is more complicated, or more work, cause as the wall approaches the enemy, values are others, and when the walls appears in the stage and hits the enemy, the values are others too.... maybe works with TIMES or ANIMELEM in some triggers in velsets...
Doing more MvC2 characters in fact is more practicy for me!, so I think in Thanos v2 this will be fixed :) like in all the MvC2 characters that I releazed.

I assume the trapped state puts them in a new trapped bubble anim? It could be a helper or explod anim I presume.
If P2 is in state x (the state that the bubble puts you in on contact) and  NumHelper(bubble) or bubble explod id exist then movecontact of the thrown bubble needs to route to a new stateno where is uses a destroyself anim and then the helper destroys itself

Does that make sense?

Maybe that could work. I´ll check when I´ll update Thanos in v2.

Thanks for your tips!

Follow the project on:

#18  September 15, 2016, 05:29:02 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Just use KungFuMan's wall bounce code. Always works for me. Adjust it if you need it to be adjusted :P
#19  September 15, 2016, 06:02:46 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1

That's strange. I'm almost certain my character has that functionality, not sure how it was changed.
You can make the hitdef send the opponent into a different state depending on what state the enemy is in, that what I did. But the bubbles trap in general is hard to get right without causing infinites. Not even Capcom could do it lol.
#20  September 16, 2016, 02:17:10 am
  • MvC Adict!!
    • Argentina

That's strange. I'm almost certain my character has that functionality, not sure how it was changed.
You can make the hitdef send the opponent into a different state depending on what state the enemy is in, that what I did. But the bubbles trap in general is hard to get right without causing infinites. Not even Capcom could do it lol.

Hi!, I tried your Thanos right now, and I can´t throw another bubble when the enemy it´s trapped with the giant bubble, could be?
Months ago I was a little close to figure it out... I could throw a bubble when the enemy it´s trapped and when the little bubble touch the giant bubble, this small bubble dissappear, but lamentably, this create like a loop.. I could throw more and more bubbles, and the time that the enemy it´s trapped in the giant bubble was repeated, plus this causes more damage to the enemy.
In MvC2, you can throw another bubble and nothing happens, (no loops, or damage), only appears a littles bubbles like the bubble that you throw blow up.

I think that with a helper this could work.. but the problem is WHERE, without causing damage and loop (maybe an ignorehitpause there in this helper state...and maybe create another hitdef in the bubble helper indicating a "trigger1 = p2stateno =1045", "damage    = 0"   (statedef 1405 is the state when the enemy it´s trapped)

Follow the project on: