YesNoOk

SF3 Evil Ryu REMAKE (Read 90159 times)

Started by vyn, June 18, 2018, 04:30:50 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Which voice would you be better for this guy?

SFIV Evil Ryu
SFV Kage
Re: Updating my first Character
#21  July 04, 2018, 08:35:12 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
white bg just looks weird, but i made the red lighter so the black stuff is easier to notice, i will also mess with timings once im working on the actual character
Do it up how ever you think looks best man. In game is a little different than a gif.

One suggestion I might make, is make it 18 hits. I've come across a bunch of characters, and I LOVE Ultras that tie each other. I've noticed a lot of characters that do projectile ultras usually have an 18 hit combo. I could still take the same amount of time and damage. Just a dumb suggestion.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv

vyn

Re: SF3 Ryu, Updating my first Character
#22  July 05, 2018, 06:44:21 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Ive started working on the actual character (no more test footage).

Anyone got any good suggestions for his V-Skill and V-Trigger?. For these I like to focus on mobility and tricky stuff, im not a big fan of straight attacks or temporary boosts.

A couple of screens just because.

#23  July 05, 2018, 07:41:07 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Well, too bad you're not a fan of a temporary boost, because for a character with Satsui No Hadou that's the perfect option. In fact, rare V-Trigger by fact isn't temporary boost of one or another parameter... But I think I've come up with one idea for a V-Trigger you might like, even though that's a temporary boost too.
"Satsui No Rakurai".
Pretty much Ryu's V-Trigger with Electricity properties for moves, but with some differences:
-I suggest you make it limited not by time, but by moves usage, like Urien's Aegis Reflector as V-Trigger. 3 Bar pieces instead of 2 = 3 Moves to use. But, to compensate for such harsh limit, you really must Reu-style go wild with extra-properties and thunder usage.
For example, Shoryuken. While you can go with Normal and EX versions of it as it's done in your CvS Evil Ryu, Buffed Shoryuken could be Shin Shoryuken-like (multihit on miss, extra damage on contact) + Extended Juggling Properties (100% Contact on Juggle, MAYBE even Juggle Reset after Succeded Contact version). And, of course, a LOTS of electricity, you can literally recreate Reu's Shin Shoryuken there, but to keep a pace right since that's a special you can do it without slowdown effect.
-Akuma-like, this V-Trigger could easily give access to normally blocked super. Of course, using that Super must be possible only on Full V-Trigger Gauge and will use up all 3 pieces of it, but it shall hit MUCH harder than Normal Super. Or, at least, to be harder to avoid.
My main culprits for this are Misogi (Could do a HUGE damage), Shin Hadou Combo (That one is hard to avoid, so it could deal a SLIGHTLY mode damage than a normal super, just don't forget MOAR LAHTNIN'!!!!) and, of course, well-tried and trusty Shun Goku Satsu (A nice choice, but I suggest you live it to Akuma).
Can't suggest too much about V-Skill though, since Ryu's and Akuma's are practically the same: while Ryu parries any move by default, Akuma have to choose between crouching and standing, but he can counter straight of the bat. So, Evil Ryu's V-Skill is pretty much shall be a parry too, but with a right twist, so it wouldn't make his V-Skill BETTER than both of theirs (so no cancelable auto-parry-to-all), but at the same time worse. You can literally just use Akuma's V-Skill and be happy with that.

vyn

#24  July 08, 2018, 06:37:07 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
I worked on him quite a bit today, finished all animations and raw code for normal attacks.

Made his combo system for basic attacks, it has mvc style chains for his normal punches and a wall-bounce launcher similar to DBFZ, this crappy gif should explain better.

Consider this whole thing not final please.

Also

Spoiler: NSFW. View at your own risk (click to see content)

Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 03:05:00 pm by vyn
#25  July 08, 2018, 07:18:15 pm
  • Niigasan
That better not be my juri edit getting raw dogged lmao,  lookin good though
#26  July 08, 2018, 07:30:36 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
I'm gonna say probably not, cause let's say there was some "extra spritework" in that first pic I removed and call it a day
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time

vyn

#27  July 15, 2018, 09:56:09 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
since this time im trying not to be lazy, im indexing the effects to the main pallette and im not using transparencies for the most part, some pretty cool things can be done.

This is the main pallette, its a mix of pink and red

some extras just for the hell of it

Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 10:03:35 pm by vyn
#28  July 15, 2018, 11:34:15 pm
Man. Evil.Ryu.
That said I'd love to see your take on CvS Akuma after seeing your CvS Evil Ryu.
This E Ryu is meant to destroy Akuma, you can tell just by the new magnetic-resonance-electrothunder-vortex-blast beam that VYN equipped Ryu with. Also his new face.

Here's a cool something, I found
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
:muttrox:  :muttrox: :muttrox:  :muttrox: :muttrox:  :muttrox: :muttrox:  :muttrox: :muttrox:  :muttrox: :muttrox:  :muttrox: :muttrox:  :muttrox: :muttrox:  :muttrox:

#29  July 16, 2018, 01:19:56 pm
  • Niigasan
U should really make a tutorial on how to make fx dude cuz goddamn you've always cold at that
#30  July 16, 2018, 02:45:35 pm
  • "Die quietly or I shall have to ask you to leave!"
since this time im trying not to be lazy, im indexing the effects to the main pallette and im not using transparencies for the most part, some pretty cool things can be done.

What Shin Gouki/Akuma did you use? That pose is new to me.
#31  July 16, 2018, 09:02:09 pm
    • USA

Anyone got any good suggestions for his V-Skill and V-Trigger?. For these I like to focus on mobility and tricky stuff, im not a big fan of straight attacks or temporary boosts.

Try doing something of a mix between SFV Ryu and Akuma and throw in a SFIV Evil Ryu Special in there
#32  July 18, 2018, 05:10:28 pm
Nice to see you're still around Vyn :)

vyn

#33  July 20, 2018, 07:56:54 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Nice to see you're still around Vyn :)

tnx man

Try doing something of a mix between SFV Ryu and Akuma and throw in a SFIV Evil Ryu Special in there

ya, ive been thinking the same thing, v-skill will most likely be a parry, v-trigger might be a teleport

U should really make a tutorial on how to make fx dude cuz goddamn you've always cold at that

i really should

Man. Evil.Ryu.
That said I'd love to see your take on CvS Akuma after seeing your CvS Evil Ryu.
This E Ryu is meant to destroy Akuma, you can tell just by the new magnetic-resonance-electrothunder-vortex-blast beam that VYN equipped Ryu with. Also his new face.

Here's a cool something, I found
:muttrox:  :muttrox: :muttrox:  :muttrox: :muttrox:  :muttrox: :muttrox:  :muttrox: :muttrox:  :muttrox: :muttrox:  :muttrox: :muttrox:  :muttrox: :muttrox:  :muttrox:

tnx man

started working on his shoryuuken and tinkered with the hadouken a bit. Coding is solid now.

#34  July 20, 2018, 12:19:13 pm

ya, ive been thinking the same thing, v-skill will most likely be a parry, v-trigger might be a teleport
this was my thought too at first  :truestory: but then I felt that he can do a parry like pose much like street fighter v's gouki v-skill and if opponent's attack connect to his parry pose, Ryu will just use his sf4's Ryusokyaku and stomp his opponent on the ground to build his v-gauge. But I guess teleport is better choice

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!

vyn

#35  July 20, 2018, 05:19:04 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com

What Shin Gouki/Akuma did you use? That pose is new to me.

My own, just a stance edit really, all else is pots shin gouki

vyn

#36  July 22, 2018, 01:48:42 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Today I worked a bit more on him, many tweaks here and there but the main thing is i finished his shoryu, improved the base pallette and layered the effects so the lack of transparency is better looking

need to make p2 react properly to the 3 different hits i guess

#37  July 22, 2018, 02:20:28 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
V-Skill can be a modified Ashura Senku that can also do an optional hit at the end, similar to Juri's V-skill without the charge.  Imagine hitting the opponent with it, colliding with an incoming Hadouken behind allowing a free juggle combo.  The Senku can be EX-cancelled.

V-Trigger can give him an Air Dash (allows him to cancel aerial moves for a second aerial rave or ground follow-ups), an Aerial Ashura Senku, and one modified varient of it that auto-tracks the opponent from the air to the ground for an optional command grab (air to ground only).  Can set up with LP Hadoukens for more mindgames and all Ashura changes except Air-Dash consumes the V-Trigger meter. 

Also, in this mode, you can cancel his Shoryukens to a VT Air Ashura to track the opponent in the air and go for an additional aerial rave that can follow up with a VT Ashura for either a mix-up in the air, or track the opponent on the ground for a command grab.
Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 02:34:58 am by Kirishima

vyn

#38  July 22, 2018, 11:09:54 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Shinkuuuuuuu

His launcher is better now too:

via Imgflip GIF Maker

V-Skill can be a modified Ashura Senku that can also do an optional hit at the end, similar to Juri's V-skill without the charge.  Imagine hitting the opponent with it, colliding with an incoming Hadouken behind allowing a free juggle combo.  The Senku can be EX-cancelled.

V-Trigger can give him an Air Dash (allows him to cancel aerial moves for a second aerial rave or ground follow-ups), an Aerial Ashura Senku, and one modified varient of it that auto-tracks the opponent from the air to the ground for an optional command grab (air to ground only).  Can set up with LP Hadoukens for more mindgames and all Ashura changes except Air-Dash consumes the V-Trigger meter. 

Also, in this mode, you can cancel his Shoryukens to a VT Air Ashura to track the opponent in the air and go for an additional aerial rave that can follow up with a VT Ashura for either a mix-up in the air, or track the opponent on the ground for a command grab.

ah my dude, i like where your head is at... That will definitely be the trigger, although he might fully teleport, like a mix of my cvs evil ryu asura + charlie teleport from SFV. Though the result will be the same, a combo extender, maybe even pick up a downed opponent.

V-skill should be something different dont you think? too much asura senkuu. Id like to stick to something parry/counter/foucs-attack related, SFV ryu simply parries, SFV evil ryu would probably parry and then counterattack right away, with something violent lol.

Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 11:31:31 pm by vyn
#39  July 23, 2018, 04:34:40 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
SFV evil ryu would probably parry and then counterattack right away, with something violent lol.
I am thinking about that too, heh.

My idea would be having two versions of the parry.  The High-Parry is a standard fierce punch (energy wind and all), launching the opponent upwards.  Evil Ryu can aerial rave out of it.  The Low/Mid Parry also does a firece blowback  but this will push the opponent away to the corner.  He can follow up with Shinkuu Hadoukens from a distance, but if he does the parry hit while the opponent is close to the corner, Evil Ryu can freely combo anyway he wants.

V-Trigger mode adds a tracking knockdown follow up after a successful parry hit with the opponent bouncing off the ground so he can freely combo afterwards.

If he misses the parry, any hit he receives will be a Counter Hit.
Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 04:38:25 am by Kirishima

vyn

#40  July 25, 2018, 03:57:48 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Ive been thinking of the system to use, here is what i have so far, cant say its final.

System abilities:

Mostly based on a V-Gauge that fills up as you take damage (fills up at 80% damage) or succesfully use his v-skill (parry/counter). Has two bars.

- A horizontal launcher that bounces player two on the wall and opens him for air raves. Can be comboed from standing heavy punch.

- V-Skill: mp+mk Parry, if successful goes into a short stun type counter, not effective against long distance projectiles and cannot continue to parry many attacks in a row like regular ryu. Seems fitting for a more violent persona. The stun will come from a "aura" attac

- V-Trigger: hp+hk (consumes 1 V-Gauge Bar): Teleport from current position to p2, I might add directional controls to appear next to, behind or on top of player 2. Right after he teleports, he will use an attack with a decent stun to combo right after it (perharps the version that teleports behind player 2 will not have this attack, doesnt seem fair). Can be used in the air.

- Zero Counter (consumes 1 V-Gauge Bar): While Guarding he can press hp+hk and use a counter attack with low damage but high pushback. Will be some sort of burst hadouken.

Gameplay:

- Normal attacks customized for longer combos and air raves, will still feel like a slower character.

- Special attacks will be what you expect.

- "EX" attacks will still have the simple commands but will be pretty much supers. Think MvC3. They will consume full power bars.

- Ultra attacks will have a more typical command, like QCF,QCF,P. Will consume a full V-Gauge bar.

Misc.

- Shinku Hadouken will be directional, not as many options as he originally had. The beam ive shown is his lvl1 shinku hadouken.
 - He will finally have a version of raging demon.
 - No regular ashura senkuu, only the v-trigger.
- Even though his system seems very SFV, in reality he feels more like an MvC-DBFZ character.

Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 06:54:20 am by vyn