YesNoOk

Confused on why I'm in the shit thread after I kept threatening to shit (Read 2358233 times)

Started by Do not even ask, October 28, 2012, 10:37:23 am
Share this topic:
Re: let's talk about the aftermath of the sockpuppet war
#7821  February 18, 2019, 10:16:18 pm
  • Skateboard Game Enthusiast
  • Slowly but surely!
    • USA
    • joeythetricky.wixsite.com/mugen
if you started that kind of shit on MA you'd get instantly deleted and banned.

Hell, some of us get banned just from being ASSOCIATED with MFG...

(I typed this in VR, by the way. It wasn't easy!)
#7822  February 18, 2019, 10:29:17 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Let him make a fool of himself on his own, don't go to his level
#7823  February 18, 2019, 10:35:57 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I can assure you MA gives zero damn about you and your never ending nonsense.
Quick question: why do you keep coming here to tell us this? Why do you keep making threads to tell us how much MFG sucks and how its irrelevant if you don't care about any of this? Why do it constantly on the our Discord too? Is this really a good use of your time? Is this really what you'd consider "keeping MUGEN alive for generations"?

Also, why did you call me an egregious homophobic slur?
#7824  February 19, 2019, 12:02:07 am
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
I've been on the outside of this whole thing and... *sigh* Man, talk about a overblown situation.

It's like a creator who doesn't want to take constructive criticism for his project from a player. The player is this site and he notices that there's some big time flaws to the character the other site has made. The player calls him out on it and the other site, because he cannot take any criticism at all, lashes out. They see what people here are saying as an attack on them, so they declare 'war' (although, let's be honest here... war is a bit misleading. It's more like a whiny temper tantrum from the other site after being called out).

Now they're saying they won... but at what costs? They've pretty much alienated the people here because of these antics. It's hard to take them seriously when, if this is how they react when someone calls them out for use of Adfly, then what is their reaction when someone tells them "Hey, why do you have my character here? I never gave you permission to host it"
#7825  February 19, 2019, 12:31:15 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Not even a day passes before another MA sockpuppet tries to stir shit again.

lui

#7826  February 19, 2019, 01:33:46 am
    • USA
I've been on the outside of this whole thing and... *sigh* Man, talk about a overblown situation.

it's in the shit thread rn so it's not really overblown anymore. it's right where it belongs.
Re: let's talk about the aftermath of the war against mugen archive
#7827  February 19, 2019, 04:44:12 am
  • all is love in fair and war
#7828  February 19, 2019, 05:02:38 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
This is like a video game or anime where they have the gag character who constantly shows up proclaiming himself to be the protagonist's rival, but none of the real characters even know his name or give half a shit about him.
#7829  February 19, 2019, 06:45:03 am
It's been a while this site has become irrelevant to MUGEN (I don't even think you are relevant to anything at this point)
clearly we are relevant enough for you to go through the trouble of posing as "one of us" just to tell us how much "we" lost. you're trying so hard to make this look like a war but the fact of the matter is we've completely forgotten about your site and moved on. why can't you do the same? just cool it down with those jason bourne novels and stop projecting.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#7830  February 19, 2019, 08:08:03 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
This is like a video game or anime where they have the gag character who constantly shows up proclaiming himself to be the protagonist's rival, but none of the real characters even know his name or give half a shit about him.
dan hibiki lol
#7831  February 19, 2019, 11:53:10 pm
  • Skateboard Game Enthusiast
  • Slowly but surely!
    • USA
    • joeythetricky.wixsite.com/mugen
#7832  March 26, 2019, 06:21:29 pm
God damnit, i hate that the /r/MUGEN reddit sub is modded by someone from you-know-where blacklisted website. Accidently mentioned mugenguild there and got banned too, wtf. Why can't we just have a neautral fricken place to chat mugen, especially reddit? Thought about just creating a new mugen subreddit, but /r/MUGEN already seems 'popular'. seen a lot of new people posting there for mugen resources, can't even post "mugen guild" in spaces. you are literally stuck with blacklistedwebsite,com
#7833  March 26, 2019, 06:55:46 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
you could always make a MFG subreddit though I would prefer some of us in the staff ran it

theres plenty of popular subreddits that share the same interests
#7834  March 26, 2019, 07:53:58 pm
why do you need reddit for , it's basically just one big topic thread.
#7835  March 26, 2019, 08:02:43 pm
i use reddit, simple as that. its a different community. not a big deal.
#7836  March 26, 2019, 11:19:25 pm
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
Reddit, where you have to scroll down for 3 minutes before finding the actual conversation.

Because gotta drop those memes for those upboats boiiii skrrt
#7837  March 26, 2019, 11:21:42 pm
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
This forum functions perfectly fine, what do you need reddit for?
#7838  March 26, 2019, 11:52:18 pm
  • Non est hoc propter hoc sed propter est hoc
    • USA
    • doubletrend-zeta.neocities.org/
Wait is the reddit big though? Like not sub 500 people or whatever, right?

Maybe forums are for old people but I don't understand why you wouldn't just join an established community instead of isolating yourself.
#7839  March 26, 2019, 11:55:16 pm
This forum functions perfectly fine, what do you need reddit for?
I'm pretty sure there's more people on Reddit than on this forum but maybe that's just me.
Reddit, where you have to scroll down for 3 minutes before finding the actual conversation.
You can collapse a post and all its replies though, when you see that a specific chain of replies are just people starting to one-up each other with jokes and memes, doesn't that helps a little ?
Wait is the reddit big though? Like not sub 500 people or whatever, right?
It says 2.2k right now.
The top post there right now said:
to sum up the situation, pretty much all other MUGEN sites have gone to war against MUGEN ARCHIVE, out of jealousy.
Wow damn. "The entire Internet is against us but it's their fault !" Yeah, nothing of value, don't make me go there again.

And I wouldn't really suggest making a new subreddit, internal wars between different subreddits is the reason it's kinda shit and boring for anyone that doesn't strictly stay in their one favorite sub.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 12:01:04 am by Byakko
#7840  March 27, 2019, 12:44:58 am
edit: someone is salty and lurks on MFG, mod of /r/MUGEN just created a MFG subreddit that links to some meme wiki page, just not long after i posted this here

ill just answer simply with this, finally I thought there would be a neutral place to discuss mugen and the resources without all the website war blacklisting and just got dissapointed taht hte actual mugen sub was still the same thing. no biggie, I just stick to mfg now, but like I said for community stuff etc, ive mostly gone off traditional forums onto reddit, just thought itd be nice to have a neutral mugen sub there as well. wrong I was.

And yes to the above^, a really dumb sticky thread on the sub: "to sum up the situation, pretty much all other MUGEN sites have gone to war against MUGEN ARCHIVE, out of jealousy." what a waste.
Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 12:52:29 am by junkerde