YesNoOk

[WIP] Diary - Feb 6 (Read 726377 times)

Started by Ricepigeon, January 30, 2011, 09:14:19 pm
Share this topic:
Re: [WIP] RicePigeons' WIPs (IZ Sumireko)
#481  July 19, 2019, 07:20:47 pm
  • 仮面ライダーグランドジオウ
  • The Scavenging Time and Space God
    • USA
Hooh boy.
#482  July 19, 2019, 10:35:25 pm
While Momiji was in the final stages of development, I reached out to someone in the hopes of commissioning sprites for another WIP that I've been interested in working on for some time. While it's nowhere near complete, I figured I'd show off a little bit of what will eventually be my next WIP: Sumireko Usami.

Special thanks to Blade for the sprites, we will soon have a Sumireko sprited in the old art Tasofro art style to be included with the rest of the cast for Touhou: Incident Zero once a working beta is out.

these almost look like cvs sprites, don't ask why!
#483  July 26, 2019, 06:09:56 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
Out of curiosity, are you still using the same Momiji sprites as the ones shown in the gifs from this thread?
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/new-character-momiji-inubashiri-187222.0.html

I believe the artist has released an updated version of the sprite sheet with Momiji's ears + tail and better shading:

(The old one didn't have her ears nor tail, and some of the sprites had awkward shading on her clothes or was straight up not shaded.)

Original Source:
http://seiga.nicovideo.jp/seiga/im1991114
#484  July 30, 2019, 12:45:47 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
Sorry for the late reply but I'm aware of these and have been working on replacing the current sprites with those + redoing the color separation. Luckily the hit sprites are unchanged so that cuts my workload by about half.
#485  August 02, 2019, 09:09:16 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
I think enough progress has been done on Sumireko that I can show off a few attacks

All her basic standing Normals are complete so far. Sumireko is one of the few who can't rapid fire her standing LP, but hits twice much like in source. Standing MP is one of those moves with long active frames, so spacing it correctly can make it safe. Standing HP hits twice much like in source, hitting low on the first hit with the second hit serving as an anti-air, but has longer startup to compensate.
Re: [WIP] RicePigeons' WIPs (IZ Sumireko, Charizard)
#486  October 30, 2019, 03:30:03 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
Three years ago I said that I was going to expand my boundaries as a MUGEN author and work on something that wasn't related to Touhou. Over the past few days, I've decided to start fulfilling that promise.

So what inspired this? About 3 years ago (around the same time Gladiacloud was releasing his Pokemon characters and were being subsequently edited), some people expressed that there will never be any good Pokemon characters so I half-jokingly responded that I would take the task. Ultimately these plans were shelved in favor of working on Touhou: Incident Zero and I didn't get a chance to revisit them until now.

While the gameplay won't directly be based on Gensokyo Reloaded or Incident Zero, it will take a few system mechanics that I've learned & adopted over those past years and incorporate them; no groove or level 3 select here, but will have a Z-Move mechanic that functions similar to how the Ultra gauge functions in Street Fighter 4.
#487  October 30, 2019, 05:49:18 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 About time really, it does give me an anticipation for what comes in the future... lile an RP styled Mewtwo for one.
#488  November 17, 2019, 06:53:38 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
I've already posted these on my twitter but for those who haven't seen them yet, or just want more information, I'll be posting them here as well..

First up is Flame Burst, Charizard's basic projectile special (RIP Flame Burst being removed from Sword & Shield) whose trajectory varies based on the button press. Heavy version fires upward for an anti-air projectile or can be used as an okizeme due to the fact that it bounces.

Next is Seismic Toss, Charizard's command grab. Medium & Heavy versions fly forward before attempting the grab.

Last is Fire Blast, the first of Charizard's supers. Nothing special aside from your basic multi-hit projectile, though the hitbox increases in size after the first hit, allowing it to also punish other projectiles. For those curious, the text box was heavily inspired by the ones used in Sun/Moon and Ultra Sun/Moon.
#489  November 18, 2019, 12:56:22 am
  • "Some People Are Born To Be Extraordinary"
    • Italy
    • fab.marchetti86@gmail.com
Very nice job. And the move text at the botton Is a touch of class. :)
#490  November 24, 2019, 11:37:08 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA

People were probably curious about this since I've been teasing the gauge in the screenshots so far, but here is Charizard's Z-Move: Inferno Overdrive.

Deviating a bit away from the base game mechanics of being able to be used once per match, the Z-Move in this case can be used whenever Charizard's Z-Gauge is at least 50% full, which will give a visual indicator when Inferno Overdrive can be used. The Z-Gauge will increase each time Charizard takes damage, and the damage dealt by Inferno Overdrive is determined by how much Z-Gauge is consumed when activated, with a full-power Inferno Overdrive dealing approx 50% more damage compared to the bare minimum Z-Gauge requirement.
#491  November 24, 2019, 11:44:23 pm
  • 仮面ライダーグランドジオウ
    • USA
I really do like how it looks, but how's Sumireko going?
#492  November 25, 2019, 03:40:36 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Remember how on Discord you were told that the answer was WHEN IT'S DONE every time you asked this question.
What thought process are you using that leads you to believe you will get a different answer this time?
#493  November 25, 2019, 05:43:44 pm
  • 仮面ライダーグランドジオウ
    • USA
Remember how on Discord you were told that the answer was WHEN IT'S DONE every time you asked this question.
What thought process are you using that leads you to believe you will get a different answer this time?

WHEN IT'S DONE goes perfectly fine. I'll just think it doesn't exist, then I'll be fine.
#494  November 25, 2019, 06:00:20 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 It's not really helped by the fact Rice's own website actually lists the character's progression in the download section... how do you even miss that if you regularly download his characters?
#495  November 26, 2019, 03:06:10 am
  • 仮面ライダーグランドジオウ
    • USA
It's not really helped by the fact Rice's own website actually lists the character's progression in the download section... how do you even miss that if you regularly download his characters?

Well, its because I haven't really bother to visit his website recently. And yet, I guess the sprites are barely done.
Re: [WIP] Diary - Feb 6
#496  February 07, 2021, 02:51:24 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
Diary - Feb 6: Mew gave birth. We named the newborn "Mewtwo".

#497  February 07, 2021, 06:50:47 am
  • 仮面ライダーグランドジオウ
    • USA
#498  February 07, 2021, 07:05:47 am
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
I loved what you did with Charizard, so I'm stoked to see you tackle Mewtwo!